Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
having to upload PDFs in bulk on MS Teams is way more difficult with the fact that you can’t drag one folder into another, something I’ve been able to do on most computers since [squints] as a child in the early 90s.

gooood I hate how garbage the O365 suite can be for Mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

TraderStav posted:

My company's Teams implementation allows me to Sync a Teams file structure to my local desktop. It shows up similar to a network drive and then I can interact with all of the files through Windows Explorer. So much of an improvement.

Mac based environment and my office is in Stockholm and I’m she-Mac Janitor (for no extra loving pay because I’m an idiot). We used to have a solid IT admin but he asked for a COL raise and was denied, so he rightfully left. the person who took it over had very little experience even as a regular degular Mac OS user and it wasn’t his job to IT admin initially and left abruptly. I managed to fix the printer and explain “no you can’t use an .exe and don’t download poo poo you don’t know” to people so I got saddled with Mac wrangler. the actual IT head is based in Sydney and doesn’t understand that my actual position is within design and I can’t spend half a day fixing networking and firewall issues and WE NEED AN ACTUAL PERSON HERE TO DO SO, NOT VIA WHATSAPP. NOT AT 4 AM BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND TIME ZONES.

it’s all good because the people who need those files won’t look at them and instead email me “plz send file” despite me telling them “you can download all of these at your loving leisure” over and over again.

qirex posted:

microsoft still pretending in 2020 that files that aren't office docs are an edge case

also onedrive can't support files with forward slashes in the name :psyduck:

the day I learned that I swear I aged a decade in mere minutes. there are so many dumb things within the Office environment that cruises me into an early grave. YES let’s have an email search that conflicts with Spotlight indexing and not fix it for [squints] years. YESSS I love excel choking and going to the loving error hell program that INEVITABLY CHOKES AS WELL.

gently caress YOU

to be fair, this is not entirely MS’s fault as my org is draaaaggging their heels on upgrading hardware and must! download! every! update! immediately!

teen witch fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 14, 2020

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

please go to the interviewing thread immediately

goal this year was to switch to a new job. i updated my cv in early March. I’m going to put a pin in the search until 2021

working from home has significantly cut down on on the fly IT attempts, which has been very nice. only have to tend to two laptops, one work and one personal.

but I should take a gander in the thread. just a peek

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

tumblr just came up conversation with my neighbor and i had a laugh again how yahoo paid $1.1bn for it then it was offloaded by yahoo's successor verizon for less than $3m.

as an avid user of tumblr from 09 to 2017/8, they got exactly what they loving deserved. genuinely some of the most insanely boneheaded decisions and ended up alienating the base that kept it afloat. it’s still around but honestly? maybe five years max

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ultravoices posted:

disinfo.com

god I bought far too many of their books as an edgy teen. though honestly it radicalized me so :shrug:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ultravoices posted:

In 2000, Disinfo organized DisinfoCon, a 12-hour event featuring Richard Metzger, rock musician Marilyn Manson, underground filmmaker Kenneth Anger, painter Joe Coleman, Douglas Rushkoff, Mark Pesce, Grant Morrison, Robert Anton Wilson, Todd Brendan Fahey and others.

...that's certainly a guest list.

I’d go to that if it were 2000 but certainly not today (given that RAW is dead and MM is dead to me)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

polyester concept posted:

tshirthell.com was the only place to buy edgy shirts online at one point

good lord I cannot imagine those shirts aging well. the 2000s were a loving nightmare

e: they are still around and it’s as horrifying as you can imagine

teen witch fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
ResEdit

I spent an inordinate amount of time loving with icons in ResEdit as a child