Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Jabor posted:

netbooks fit into your baggy pants cargo pockets

that is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

there's a guy i see while walking the dog most days now who always has a discman in one hand and 3 jewel cases in the other. he is crazy obese and has a backwards bluejays cap and oakley's and i love it.

siiick

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i have been reading UNIX JOURNAL magazine from -84 onwards and man it is so good

nothing funny, i just want to recommend it, its on archive.org

matti
Mar 31, 2019

thats POSIX actually

e: oh, no Makefile? hmm

matti
Mar 31, 2019

make is pretty decent if you do not mind in-tree builds (just git clone for each different target and config you may have)

matti
Mar 31, 2019

lol i do actually, holy poo poo

matti
Mar 31, 2019

disabling UAC in Vista

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i had a dream where microsoft resurrected J++ and wrote heaps of good documentation of it

matti
Mar 31, 2019

matti
Mar 31, 2019

many wizards are computer professionals

matti
Mar 31, 2019

if activedesktop was that think that allowed me to make my wallpaper a dancing sceleton gif (tiled) when i was an early teen i think it was good

matti
Mar 31, 2019

website whos name i always needed to google

peace

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i don't miss it because tiny size verdana and _very_ flimsy CSS do not evoke good memories in me

it was fun though, then

matti
Mar 31, 2019

own their rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matti
Mar 31, 2019

foobar 2k is very needs suiting

never customized it more than what you can do with the Configuration dialog

the linux equivalent would probably require you to learn some ad hoc configuration language

good software