Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Friend of mine was celebrating a raise this week by ordering out from Seattle's second-best pizzeria

e: whoops meant to put this in the 'posest images thread

El Mero Mero fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

i heard rumors there's a yospos dc++ hub in 2021 but nothing confirmed yet. interesting.

lmao id reinstall that garbage for this

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0cm-u-z8Kc

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Just remembered download accelerator, which was a hotly debated "turbo button" piece of software

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Zlodo posted:

playing a japanese version of fantasy star online on the Dreamcast, which involved using my Amiga as router to change the IP packets TTL on the fly because the Dreamcast sent them with a TTL that was too low to make it to the japanese servers from france

I did this by patching the amiga tcp stack (Miami) directly in memory with an assembly program

a friend had an even worse setup where he directly linked the Dreamcast modem to a us robotics PC modem with a RJ12 cable and made the PC modem listen to incoming connection (i had the Dreamcast ethernet thing myself). The PC was running Linux and we did the TTL patching thing by directly hacking the kernel source, checking for a hard coded address to see if the packet was coming from his dreamcast

Jesus. I remember being proud of getting a utopia bootdisk set-up to play shenmue but i could never get phantasy star online to work...that's ridiculous

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

just remembered that the forums still have profile contact fields for AIM, ICQ, and Yahoo

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

CueCats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

There were at least 4 private privacy off-site spinoffs. The dpph spinoff died. The other 3 are still around, but two of the three are pretty anemic.

There are an enormous number of other private trackers out there now though - most of which are bigger or more active than any of the spinoffs and which sometimes have their own internal release groups too.