Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

anyone else remember when dell was launching the steak and they did it by dressing a bunch of dudes up as bikers and they stormed the office yelling at everyone to get in the lobby and the swat team showed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

lmao i would like some more detail about this

https://www.computerweekly.com/microscope/news/2240153208/Dell-staffers-arrested-following-botched-PR-stunt

According to police in Round Rock, Texas, two members of a small sales team had "enacted an in-house product promotion scheme, with little or no notice to co-workers, internal security or Dell executives."

"Essentially, a member of the marketing group who wore dark clothing with a face-hiding, skull-pattern mask held aloft small metallic items as he rushed through densely staffed areas while yelling 'go to the lobby'," said the police.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

was it a verizon commercial with the bit about your wife loving the new tegra cores or something like that the last 10 years feel like a fever dream

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

mediaphage posted:

oh yeah i forgot about the email since i never hooked up exchange to it and just use web stuff

it couldn't hook up to exchange either, still needed a loving BES at that point

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

was it the xoom tablet or the blackberry that came with a sim slot saying LTE COMING SOON in it

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Didn't intel do something with containerized datacenters where they just drop them in the ocean and use the water as a heatsink?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

oh also there's no physical security at the bottom of the _fucking ocean_ so you can't use it to store any data worth anything

if you're that worried about it then have them wired to flood if they're tampered with

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Hed posted:

Rambus RDRAM. Man intel had some great hardware bets in early 2000 between Itanium, Rambus, and Netburst.

is rambus still doing NHL sponsorships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Tankakern posted:

old ones works better than new ones due to eu regulations, don't they? there were no limits before on how much wattage there could be, now there's a ceiling that everyone must adhere to

we got a miele one that sounds like it uses some kind of inverter on the motor so it is plenty powerful and still pretty efficient too