Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

my first forum was massassi.net and last i looked a few years ago you could still find my posts and they were verrrryyyy baaaaaad

that’s a place I haven’t thought of in a long time. they did a review of one of my JK levels there once and it was the coolest thing in the world for 13 year old me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
the little remotes with like fours buttons that came with some college textbooks, so your professor could throw up a quiz on a the projector in a lecture with 200 people.

I had a couple classes that used them in the mid-2000s. we called them clickers. I imagine they just use cell phones these days

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
the original iphone Bluetooth headset

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Sagebrush posted:

still use one in my car to this day :c00lbert:

I’ve got a Bluetooth -> FM transmitter plugged into my 12V outlet. works pretty well

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
floppy disk chat reminded me of something that happened to me in high school. I had a semester long term paper due the next day, and I probably had it 75% complete. I took home 5 copies on separate multicolor translucent floppies. this was back in the early 2000’s when the quality of floppies was going down the shitter. they had something like a 50% failure rate.

I got home that afternoon and went to finish it up, and every. single. disk. was corrupted. I had it saved on my network folder at school and it was early enough I hoped I could still get it. made it to the computer lab, and when I tried to login, I got a message that students were not permitted to login after 5pm.

I freaked the gently caress out, walked to another computer lab somehow hoping i wouldn’t get the same error message. I did. then I spotted a logged in computer in the corner.

the loving network admin had failed to logout of his account and I had access to every students network drive. got a copy of my paper on a reliable floppy, breathed a sigh of relief, and ran out the door.

in retrospect, it’s very lol, but it’s incredible how lucky I got that day