Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I wasn't as cross as many, many fans were that they gave some sort of measurable variable to assess Force potential, because I went "Oh wait, I know what those are. They were the plot thrust of the Playstation RPG Parasite Eve."

It wasn't until many years later my double checking made me realize the plot point in the game was MITOCHONDRIONS.

Personally, considering what mitochondrions do, I think it's a fair mistake to make. Then again, many would say that making the Force measurable and giving 'reasons' to that sort of stuff is a far larger mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Cornwind Evil posted:

I wasn't as cross as many, many fans were that they gave some sort of measurable variable to assess Force potential, because I went "Oh wait, I know what those are. They were the plot thrust of the Playstation RPG Parasite Eve."

It wasn't until many years later my double checking made me realize the plot point in the game was MITOCHONDRIONS.

Personally, considering what mitochondrions do, I think it's a fair mistake to make. Then again, many would say that making the Force measurable and giving 'reasons' to that sort of stuff is a far larger mistake.

You do know that mitochondria don't do what they do in PE, right?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

ItBreathes posted:

Heh, well, maybe yours don't :smugdog:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ItBreathes posted:

my world has been turned upside down

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

ItBreathes posted:

It did occur to me when an opera singer spontaneously learned to make a whole audience of people combust and shoot lasers from her hands that it was possible that the framework was being built on with purely fantastic possibilities, yes.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cornwind Evil posted:

It did occur to me when an opera singer spontaneously learned to make a whole audience of people combust and shoot lasers from her hands that it was possible that the framework was being built on with purely fantastic possibilities, yes.

lmao

Akilles
Dec 29, 2008
Midi~mini = 'little'
Chlor = 'green'
ians = 'beings of'

Midichlorians are the 'little green men' of the SW universe. A conspiracy theory of beings that control power, when in actuality people had that power all along.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ty Space Glenn Beck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkippTBK
Mar 11, 2014

Akilles posted:

Midi~mini = 'little'
Chlor = 'green'
ians = 'beings of'

Midichlorians are the 'little green men' of the SW universe. A conspiracy theory of beings that control power, when in actuality people had that power all along.

Yoda is just a giant midichlorian.