Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

learnincurve posted:

Would it blow your mind if I told you that Bug, the white and orange one is also a cockapoo and that’s what they look like without the curls..

Normally she isn't so curly but lockdown has made regular grooms more of a pain in the arse and she looks cute when she gets fluffy.

Would Yas Marina be better if they got rid of the second DRS? It seems like it was almost designed to punish overtaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

cgfreak posted:

Lolling that the 15 point penalty ended up costing Racing Point third in the WCC (and a couple of millions of dollars probably).

That was the penalty for the brake ducts right?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seems like such a unanimous this race sucks among everyone... You'd think F1 would get them to redo the circuit. Like they probably have plenty of space, tear that poo poo out and put a new layout in that doesn't suck as much...

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seems like such a unanimous this race sucks among everyone... You'd think F1 would get them to redo the circuit. Like they probably have plenty of space, tear that poo poo out and put a new layout in that doesn't suck as much...

I think the course is actually on an island so it's pretty constrained in terms of space. That's the reason for the pit lane tunnel

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Went to bed at lap 8, I made the right decision!

Well done McLaren on securing 3rd in the constructors.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Custard Undies posted:

Went to bed at lap 8, I made the right decision!
Debatable. The race was over at turn 1 lap 1.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max is just that good.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
how to fix f1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW-Pae0kobI&t=230s

Carrier
May 12, 2009

track day bro! posted:

i didn't watch the formula 1 but i made some nice snowboys in animal crossing

well done

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

'Straightaway' makes me irrationally angry in the same way as when pit lane is said like its an address

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

'Straightaway' makes me irrationally angry in the same way as when pit lane is said like its an address
How soon after hearing it do you get angry, straight away?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Albon started to get better at the end of the year. Instead of going to the Red Bull Junior team he's probably out entirely. Hopefully he catches on somewhere.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

absolute classic "less than 100 posts" race

open the offseason thread you coward

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Can't wait for next season to see the same cars, a few driver changes and all the bad tracks back.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I hope they knew the Bahrain outer ring on the calendar so they probably won’t.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ferrari should cheat next year and come in 2nd

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

How soon after hearing it do you get angry, straight away?

:xd: :golfclap:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I said it at the start of the season due to there only being 1 rookie, but just checking in at the end of the season now that a couple other drivers filled in.

Latifi rookie of the year? Yay or Nay?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

of course this lovely year would finish off with a Frogboy win

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Danny ricciardo taking the gland slam away was the best part of the race

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Max had to wait for Bottas to hit rock bottom and for Hamilton to catch the plague to win a race.

Lance Stroll got a pole this year before Max did lmao

Max should drive for Ferrari.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Skarsnik posted:

Can tell you're English because you get mad about someone having a different dialect

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Custard Undies posted:

I said it at the start of the season due to there only being 1 rookie, but just checking in at the end of the season now that a couple other drivers filled in.

Latifi rookie of the year? Yay or Nay?

Fittpaldi doesn't qualify?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

daslog posted:

Fittpaldi doesn't qualify?

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. Fittpaldi and Jack Aitken both could be counted as rookies. So of the 3, who stands out the most.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. Fittpaldi and Jack Aitken both could be counted as rookies. So of the 3, who stands out the most.

aitken certainly had an impact I don't remember latifi being nearly as critical to any race result. fittipaldi was mostly invisible to me both races.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Fittipaldi was notable for his lockups, which isn't what you're looking for in a driver.

Latifi drove the whole season out and there's something to be said for going the long haul, particularly in this season of all seasons.

My pick is Aitken. He came in on short notice. He did have some experience practicing in the car beforehand, but it's still impressive that he was able to put some pressure on Latifi in qualifying. He also put some debris on the track which may have ultimately kept Russell's wages low enough for the team to keep him.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Then there's this discussion of Mercedes ingenious wheel rims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCEkOo5yVK8

with all the furious nerds calling down fatwas on the FIA for standardizing them.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Woofer posted:

Max had to wait for Bottas to hit rock bottom and for Hamilton to catch the plague to win a race.

and Merc to tune down the engines a little bit.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the off season. Close the thread you loving coward!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I think the course is actually on an island so it's pretty constrained in terms of space. That's the reason for the pit lane tunnel

Well I guess the lovely part of the course seems to be going around the marina section and they probably can't do too much with it... But then most of the circuit is surrounded by stips parking lots. So plenty of room to try and modify the circuit to be something different. And something different is probably guaranteed to be better...

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I like the rumor that Perez is going to RBR. Albon has been trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to close the thread