Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
reddit is still a better platform than sa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

jazzyhattrick posted:

Reddit is the Sebastian Vettel of internet posting, whereas SA is more like Jos Verstappen in that very few people born after the 90s are even aware it exists, and those who are only know about it because of its more successful offspring. I guess that would make 4chan the equivalent of Max.

There is no Lewis equivalent as the internet is inherently #Unblessed.

What's the F1 equivalent of that one bodybuilding thread where they couldn't count?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Serperoth posted:

What's the F1 equivalent of that one bodybuilding thread where they couldn't count?

Williams.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the corona quid posted:

As much as I sympathize with the Marxists the viewpoints of that subforum seems to be entirely based on their own personal living conditions and if you aren’t willing to live exactly like they do and think exactly like they think then you’re apparently supposed to be guillotined.

How do you know this if you only read this thread???????

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

your friend wicka posted:

hmmm sounds like this 1500quid guy is definitely a nazi kkk maga chud and should be permabanned doxxed and cancelled

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big if true

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

your friend wicka posted:

There was a process of reading other threads that made me arrive at the decision to only read this thread.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

track day bro! posted:

reddit is still a better platform than sa

shut down this fuycking thread

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the corona quid posted:

As much as I sympathize with the Marxists the viewpoints of that subforum seems to be entirely based on their own personal living conditions and if you aren’t willing to live exactly like they do and think exactly like they think then you’re apparently supposed to be guillotined.

From what I understand from the arguments about cspam and from what gets posted in gbs it seems that anyone making 1 dollar more than the poster is bougie and deserves the guillotine, and that an awful lot of posters are really creepily into guillotine jokes.

Also there was one who said they were talking 100% seriously, even when called out on guillotine "jokes" being creepy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I think you misunderstand - Guy Lotine is a famous French anime director

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

From what I understand from the arguments about cspam and from what gets posted in gbs it seems that anyone making 1 dollar more than the poster is bougie and deserves the guillotine, and that an awful lot of posters are really creepily into guillotine jokes.

Also there was one who said they were talking 100% seriously, even when called out on guillotine "jokes" being creepy.

That’s a pretty concise summary, I could go on but ya that hits are the core of what’s wrong. I don’t think that feedback look of “look I’m right and the rest of the world deserves to die if they disagree” is particularly productive.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
ferrari is cool and everyone who disagrees should gently caress off honestyl

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

i have an account but i don't really enjoy the interface, i wouldn't bother browsing the f1 topic becasuse i'm sure it's like this thread where you get fucktarded americans from lovely flyover states comparing nfl players to formula 1 or whatever and also trying to explain how le bronse james would have been the best formula 1 driver ever if he hadn't taken up baseball or whatever

get a load of this redditor, i bet he is a rick and morty fan. im currently taking a poo poo which is meta because i ate a bunch of currants today lol get it?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Zeta Acosta posted:

loving truth.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Zeta Acosta posted:

Finally some good posts.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Khablam posted:

Reddit is the epitome of an echo chamber. Worse than that, it's success means anything replacing it will inevitable follow it's template, and has ergo made all of human discourse and interaction online worse as a result.

This is APPARENTLY the F1 thread, so I will use an example.

I posted 3 times to r/formula1 and got banned from the sub.
The two other posts were shadow-banned after receiving negative votes.

They were posts critical of Vettel.

Vettel to /r/f1 is Lennart Poettering to /r/linux. You can't say a loving thing or they'll go apeshit.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

the corona quid posted:

The problem is they believe they are unquesionably right, which makes them terribly dreary even allowing for the fact they're tacitly aware of being wrong about absolutely everything. Idealogues in the thrall of failed ideologies are all pretty similar.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

OhsH posted:

shut down this fuycking thread

after reading the last few posts you make a good point

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
don't post about guillotines unless you're willing to follow through on it imo, and if you're willing to follow through on it you'd probably best keep quiet before someone puts you on a list

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Gonna do a remake of Animal farm where at the end instead of the pigs playing cards with the humans they’re making a podcast that pulls in $160k a month off of patreon by parroting variations on “kill the rich” and none of the other animals on the farm are will to acknowledge the irony but instead diligently listen and applaud every word they say.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Serperoth posted:

McLaren when they tried to run IndyCar in 2019.

Also glad I'm not the only one that dislikes Reddit because of the terrible layout, along with many other things

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i went to my lockup to see if my car would start after sitting for 3 months and either the battery was dead or i just left it disconnected and I noticed that almost all the tyres are flat which probably means all the valves in these wheels are poo poo which I kinda suspected so i ordered a ryobi cordless inflator and another battery hopefully they get here on monday

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
the battery is the wrong size, which I found out just after I bought the exact same wrong battery again cuz when I took the battery out the previous owner from like 9 years ago put the wrong battery in it and just propped it up with some bits of angle iron to prop it up at the right height. i honestly don't know how it never fell off those two bits of metal after 6 years of trackdays(bro)

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I forget what car it was but there definitely was a car where I had the wrong size battery but just spaced it out with some off cuts of 2x4s.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
the guy who owned my car before me had a gigantic subwoofer in the passenger seat, also every speaker was blown and the coilovers it came on were wound down right to the bottom. he'd removed the subwoofer before selling it tho, it also had 'the shocker' sticker on the rear bumper which immediatly came off

i probably shouldnt've bought it but I made him do a compression test on it which is what I cared about most and I had an entire suspension from the car i'd just broken for parts so eh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I spent all day trying to clean out and reseal the expansion joints in my driveway only to run out of both backer rod and sealant not even like a third of the way through, then learn - through three trips to various hardware stores - that apparently every single person in Western Pennsylvania is doing the exact same project because all the supplies I need are sold out. Car is fine though.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

the guy who owned my car before me had a gigantic subwoofer in the passenger seat, also every speaker was blown and the coilovers it came on were wound down right to the bottom. he'd removed the subwoofer before selling it tho, it also had 'the shocker' sticker on the rear bumper which immediatly came off

i probably shouldnt've bought it but I made him do a compression test on it which is what I cared about most and I had an entire suspension from the car i'd just broken for parts so eh

If the compression test came out good it’s fine. When I got the Scirocco it was lowered by taking a hacksaw to the springs. I threw some cheap coil overs at it which I proceeded to blow out my first TSD event lol.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I’m gonna finish putting the kart together tomorrow, track opens by the end of the month for practice.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

We've been gardening and I'm taking my wife's car to the glorious capitalist cathedral that is Costco next week to get new tires installed. I also mowed the yard today with my cool/good Swedish lawnmower powered by a cool/good single cylinder Honda engine.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I rode my bike then drank beer. That’s it. That’s my entire day.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

That sounds like an excellent day.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I finally finished building 2 Bar Top MAME machines for my kids, and then built a Box/Shelf thing to put on top of my TV unit at the other end of my house to give me space to put all the old consoles I have.

Was given an old Original XBOX the other day so I've proceeded to mod it, upgrade the hard drive, and load it with games and emulators.

I should do some gardening but its coming into winter here and there is so much overgrown stuff I just cannot be bothered, may just go the lazy route and pay a gardener to come clean it all up for me.

I don't do anything car related anymore after selling my previous car and getting a sensible family car.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

the corona quid posted:

If the compression test came out good it’s fine. When I got the Scirocco it was lowered by taking a hacksaw to the springs. I threw some cheap coil overs at it which I proceeded to blow out my first TSD event lol.

i bought a set of h&r coilovers to replace my konis that were pretty tired at that point they were pretty good, but then i bent the housing on one of the fronts at brands hatch by being too enthusiastic over the kerbs and after the crash the rears had quite a bit of side to side play.

then i found out the only way to get them fixed woudl be to ship them to germany where i would be charged an indeterminate amount of money for them to be fixed, so i threw them in the bin and just went with some bilsteins instead

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Would Bilsteins spec’d for my car be stiffer than a set of KYBs or would I need to look for a different strut spec? A set of B6s would be cool, but I’d like to know more of what I’d get out of them.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
My day was studying for the CFA exam in the morning, rode my motorbike to the bike shop to receive a $50 gift card, go to the grocery store. I took my dog to the dog park and now I’m loving around on my tiny synth while enjoying a beer from the brewery down the street from me.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Minto Took posted:

Would Bilsteins spec’d for my car be stiffer than a set of KYBs or would I need to look for a different strut spec? A set of B6s would be cool, but I’d like to know more of what I’d get out of them.

It would depend on the Bilsteins, I had some Bilsteins HDs for my Scirocco and that thing was on loving rails. If I was going to do any car racing for those I’d reach for them straight away.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao 'oh 81 new posts I wonder what breaking f1 news just happened'

I guess at least you've stopped talking about loving pans.

In F1 related discussion, I've been enjoying the old races their sticking up on YouTube. I was pretty young in the 90s and remember watching a few races but aside from the big names I missed most of their actual careers. It's not a great selection but I appreciate it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

BurgerQuest posted:

lmao 'oh 81 new posts I wonder what breaking f1 news just happened'

I guess at least you've stopped talking about loving pans.

You’re not gonna do well in this thread with that attitude friend.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

the corona quid posted:

It would depend on the Bilsteins, I had some Bilsteins HDs for my Scirocco and that thing was on loving rails. If I was going to do any car racing for those I’d reach for them straight away.

Bilstein do market the B6 as a "performance upgrade" over OEM shocks and struts, so it looks like I'm set. My other options are B8s which are to be paired with lowering springs or three sets of their coil overs (B12, B14, B16).

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Ya there’s the B6 and the B8. I don’t remember which one is better but you want the one that doesn’t lower the ride height. For the Scirocco the front struts were an inverted design which helped with the heavy duty poo poo