Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It's pretty wholesome that Lance Stroll's dad was so confident in his driving abilities that he bought the team.

If are Lance wasn't stuck at racing point, he would be taking Vettel's seat next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Thanks Ants posted:

They aren't allowed a cheating engine anymore

ferrari never cheat

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It's pretty wholesome that Lance Stroll's dad was so confident in his driving abilities that he bought the team.

Stroll's gonna be one of the greats

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Apparently heavy rain might cancel qualifying, wtf?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Oh they're sticking with the 2nd racism font

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lol if this ends up being the grid.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
ferrari bad

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 10, 2020

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

LOL the McLaren guy just keeps calling Racing Point "The Last Year Mercedes"
Then he said "at least one of them will be vulnerable "

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

11 ^ 1
10 | 2
9 ----> suffering from Ferrari’s
8 4 bad performances
7 5 o’clock!

Uhh, maybe go see a doctor.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Stroll's gonna be one of the greats

He already is

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Greatest frauds?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Greatest example of nepotism?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Khablam posted:

The GOAT is a 3-way fight between Fangio, Schumacher and Clark. There's merits to each of the choices.

Prost and Lauda are better than at least two of those choices. They also had wayyyy better competition than Fangio.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
And I know it’s a meme but you have to put Senna there.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Stroll is the youngest F1 front row starter in F1 history and podiumed with a loving Williams. If you can’t appreciate his accomplishments then you’ve got the same level of brain activity as Michael Schumacher

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

BWV posted:

how did Ferrari's car get so bad at going fast when last year they were so dominate on the straights?

The FIA have mandated a second, encrypted, fuel flow sensor that would not be able to be cheated in the way it is strongly suspected Ferrari were cheating

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

chills

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

The FIA have mandated a second, encrypted, fuel flow sensor that would not be able to be cheated in the way it is strongly suspected Ferrari were cheating

I thought the fuel flow thing only came about during the second half of last year , did they also have that going on early in the season and in testing when they were still the fastest car on the straights ?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

BWV posted:

I thought the fuel flow thing only came about during the second half of last year , did they also have that going on early in the season and in testing when they were still the fastest car on the straights ?

Beeing fastest on the straights is pretty easy. Williams was fastest on the straights for years while beeing in lower midfield. For some time IIRC Force India was fastest on the straights. Basically a trade-off for cornering speed, and hoping to make it harder to get overtaken due to DRS, when you expect a lot of battles during the race.

Teams got suspicious with Ferrari when they suddenly where both fastest and had actually pretty good cornering speed and good aero downforce. They tried to hide it with terrible race strategy, but nobody falls for that, because it's Ferrari.

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made

Gmaz posted:

They've got subtitles for radio communication now, pretty cool.

I wonder how many people are employed to make sure they catch all German, Finnish, English, Spanish, French, and other curses and slurs before piping that audio out?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

The GOAT is a 3-way fight between Fangio, Schumacher and Clark. There's merits to each of the choices.

Fangio Clark and Hill are the greatest of the old generation. Lewis, Mansell and Hill being the greatest of the modern day

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

BWV posted:

Halfway though last season the FIA clarified that what Ferrari were suspected of doing would be considered illegal if they were caught and overnight they lost a chunk of power. Whether they could prove anything sufficiently to penalise them is unknown because they did some sort of backroom deal. The encrypted second fuel flow system is new for this season to make sure it would definitely be caught.

Ferrari's problems this season could be unrelated incompetence or a result of cocking up whatever ways they've tried to compensate for the loss of power.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol at the sheer gods-taunting hubris to choose a man literally named after walking to be a race car driver

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

NtotheTC posted:

Fangio Clark and Hill are the greatest of the old generation. Lewis, Mansell and Hill being the greatest of the modern day

A hahahahaha.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I am of course kidding.

Fangio was nothing to write home about Jackie Stewart should get his spot really

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

Just let poty have the RULE BRITANNIA thing and move on.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

You can join in the stroll gimmick, or maybe just think of something else.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Or just stop having a gimmick and post from the heart.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Khablam posted:

Being aggressively anti-gimmick is my gimmick though

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC is capable of posting well, but chooses not to. It is a sad mark on our times.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Khablam posted:

NtotheTC is capable of posting well,

this is like when people itt defend Grosjean

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Vando posted:

Who the gently caress? Point out the poster so we may shame them.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

show me your largest Jean

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Who keeps buying these lovely loving avs and giving money to lowtax, you’re the worst person in this thread

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
So did ferrari get those new parts in on time like they said they might or are they getting those next week?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

Just let poty have the RULE BRITANNIA thing and move on.

poty's gimmick is rampant conservatism which just so happens to dove-tail neatly with "RULE BRITANNIA" but does not encompass it. I couldn't give a gently caress about Britain beyond the point that we very clearly have the best drivers and I have been entirely consistent with that for my entire posting career.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

So did ferrari get those new parts in on time like they said they might or are they getting those next week?

I think charles had them and seb didn't

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Grazzi Tutti

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Khablam posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Vando posted:

this is the cruelest thing that anyone's ever said about me