Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Watching Italy 2010 right now and it is absolutely wild that these drivers are able to go almost the entire race on the tyres they qualified on. Vettel is at 45 laps of 53 and still hasn’t pitted.

(And unless something happens in these last few laps I don’t know why F1TV promoted this one from the archive, but it is interesting regardless as a newer fan)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
gently caress, the Spa episode :(

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Bahrain GP suspending ticket sales. I’m sure it’s fine!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So what's an F1 race without any spectators?

Maybe they could get Forza or Gran Turismo to do a retro sponsorship and put a bunch of cardboard people around the track?

China has managed, so..

But I want to see this. Maybe the robot fans from Japanese baseball and folks can VR into them.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Minto Took posted:

Burn the witch

first find out lottery and stock picks and what will happen to Williams

then burn the witch

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
so is Red Bull going to go 1-2 twice in a row to start the season :cthulhu:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
rip to the best title of the worst thread soon

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Hulk will come in and find a new way to miss a podium

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
If Albon had also been in play, I bet they leave one of them out to pressure Lewis while the other pits.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Austria too.

Last third of Brazil.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
According to AWS on Lap 36, Lewis was supposed to overtake Albon with extreme ease on Lap 37 but couldn't get by until Lap 40 when Albon kissed the gravel on Parabolica and then cut the chicane. I really hate everything AWS puts out for this, for such a data driven sport they really don't get any of those right

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

ethanol posted:

where exactly is ferraris rock bottom

both power units blow up when the lights go out because they tried to make a change to make them quicker

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Perez to Haas, kick Grosjean to Formula E

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Happy for Albon to finally bring it home, sad for Our George. At this rate it almost seems like it's not meant to be for him in a Williams after the opportunities at Germany 2019, Austria, and Tuscany

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Like the reverse grid nonsense, I feel like this is a one-off event that'll be forgotten post Sochi

it's not like this is NASCAR where they have back-to-back cautions at least once a race

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Read through the thread, made me glad that I watched the Pit Lane Channel, if only to escape Brundle and Crofty. Definitely give it a try if you are watching on F1TV, helps that they commentate the support races and draw on that

also the shunt in F2 was downright scary, I have to wonder what would have happened if it was years ago to Luca https://youtu.be/40tgaDKZMXQ

Nybble fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 28, 2020

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Snackula posted:

He did the Red Bull X cars in Gran Turismo, closed cockpit, mostly enclosed wheels, giant wings all around and a massive fan at the rear. Don't really know how fast they are relative to F1 because Polyphony are Polyphony and don't have a lap record leaderboard easily available for their esports racing game. I think they toned it down for GT Sport so it could actually race anything other than itself.

"The driver who performed the virtual shakedown test of the car was Red Bull Racing driver Sebastian Vettel. On his first run, he shortened the simulated course record held by Formula 1 cars on GT5's simulation of the Suzuka Circuit by over 20 seconds, drawing out the theoretical potential of the X2010 machine.[5]"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
get rid of monaco