Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Re: grilled cheese: I use both mayo and butter and a little bit of parmesan cheese on the outside of my sandwiches. Works really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

NtotheTC posted:

I watched the 98 Belgium replay the other day and I'd forgotten the Mecachrome name. Williams Mecachrome was badass

Mechachrome is still around, at least sort of. They made a single turbo v6 (based on a gp2 engine, lol) for Ginetta to run in their LMP1 program in 2018, but lovely (actually) fraudulent Chinese sponsors and other money woes led to them only running like 1 or 2 races that year and the engines totally shat the bed at le mans, all while making about 50hp too little too be anywhere near competitive. Due to lack of money they also had no low drag aero kit so it ended up being like running monza with a Mexico spec wing and a literal gp2 engine

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Portimao owns, Mugello is gonna be a parade but the whole circuit is gonna be insane to watch lapping.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I only use a solid ball of nickel, heated to red hot with a blowtorch, then immersed in my red bull.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Even though Silverstone is boring, it's not as boring as catalunya

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Bring F1 to Road America without any track changes, you cowards.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Also bin Yas Marina and go to Dubai Autodrome, you cowards.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

harperdc posted:

Grade 1? More like grade fun amirite?

(There’s no way it’s safe enough for F1 cars right now sadly)

Hey I'll have you know they put a SAFER barrier at the kink, totally safe now :v:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

shyduck posted:

Jamble Wanklebork

I much prefer his lesser known cousin, Jumble Brunglebort

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Khablam posted:

cah on the roigh'! two woide! he's steell theah!

THEY SAY YOU CUT THE COURSE

YOU'LL HAVE TO SLOW DOWN AND GIVE UP THE TIME GAINED

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Realistically, Toyota is gonna win overall at a canter again. I just hope the new EoT levels are enough for the Rebellions to keep them honest.

In LMP2 I'm pulling for the Algarve/G-drive Auris with Nick Tandy and Ollie Jarvis (and some silver driver)

GTE Pro, I'd like the Risi Ferrari to win, but I'd be okay with a Porsche win too, really I just want to see a good close entertaining race, same with GTE Am.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Vomitorium posted:

edit: because you need a super licence to race F1 and are there any Yanks with one?

If you can pry Josef Newgarden away from Indycar and Team Penske, he's eligible to get one (2 indycar championships in 3 years, plus a fifth in the other year of the 3, that's 88 points), young, and probably the best choice, but that seems unlikely.

His first championship will roll off but you only need one in the last 3 to automatically have enough points, and he's looking solid to finish second this year.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Pretty much, yeah. Moving from a well-paying multiple-championship-winning seat with factory ties in Indycar to go chase 8th on a great day in F1 would be stupid.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
There's an electric kart place near me that does league stuff, and there's a kid that got his start there scaring the back of the grid in F3 right now, Cameron Das. Collected the US F4 championship a few years ago before bouncing around the midfield in British F3 (now formula regional), and EuroFormula Open.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

NtotheTC posted:

Formula Pee Midfielder Failpeepee Assa

Calling him a midfielder is pretty generous, he's been poo poo at FE

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Rumors are he's jockeying for one of the Foyt seats in Indycar, which are pretty much the Haas of Indycar. (They're poo poo, op) Backmarker team, was a seat shared by 3 different drivers last year, barely got the last full season prize money payout by being slightly less poo poo than Marco Andretti

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
There was a sensor issue for george, might not be fully 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Woofer posted:

If my back was against the wall and I had to choose my favorite driver? I’d move before Max hit me.

:vince: