Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’m a Drive to Survive convert so this was my first (live) race weekend that I’ve watched/followed.

Please tell me this sport is always this gloriously dumb at all stages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Pragmatica posted:

what an excellent start to the silliness of F1. welcome

Do the teams read this thread because I have what I think are pretty good suggestions about making cars that include:
Being able to drive on the curbs
Not shutting off
Retaining four wheels

But really I watched some of the f1 posted replays on YouTube before but following the full weekend is just a different beast and this race was amazing for that experience. I laughed so many times.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Naoto Shirogane posted:

u should root for Williams like me they’re the best

I don’t know, in how many dimensions can they steer??

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

track day bro! posted:

great now we have even more loving stupid americans that need f1 explaining to them

This isn’t true, they added MPH to the graphics

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The Haas pun train has no brakes

Much like Haas

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

As a new face in this thread you will never stop me from posting about the cars that go fast and also and maybe more importantly the cars that don’t go fast because it’s funny when the hundred million dollar car doesn’t go that fast

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

You got any opinions on cookware you'd like to share?

Cutco might be MLM but a family member has one of their cheese knives and it’s the best cheese knife I’ve ever had the pleasure of using.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I bought F1 TV before I read in this thread that it sucked rear end (woops) but there's a live track map and that side by side with the broadcast for a few laps helped me a ton.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Also as a new race fan - are other classes good to spectate? F1 TV I think only gives me access to Formula classes, but I know literally 0 about Formula E and I've watched maybe an hour total of endurance races (which seem really cool, but hard to figure out how to spectate online other than drinking for 24 hours.) F2 seems cool because you can eyeball up and coming drivers?

I haven't watched any sports car/cup/whatever stuff but in a way I'm more familiar with at least the gist of it from local fans (I'm near Watkins Glen) and I tried to break into it after playing iRacing and poo poo.

I'm guessing it's at least as fun as watching a Merc 1-2 and the only reason I'm watching F1 is that it's billed as the premier motorsport. And also F1 is super fuckin goofy.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

track day bro! posted:

non mean answear, go look at the misc motorsport thread in this forum or itf as you might say

I will but I guess in a way I was trying to feel out the F1 crowd - cause I'm already suckered in here.

Those people are already fans of whatever class they like and are probably too attached to their ideas of "competition" and "passing."

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I can't believe I forgot rally when I've actually physically been to a staged rally on whatever they're calling the US Rally class/championship these days lmao

Okay I mean that aligns with how I more or less already felt about other classes

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

As much as I love motor poo poo, bike racing is still too scary. gently caress going that fast with nothing but your body to stop a crash.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

what the gently caress is this poo poo?

instead of current indy watch 95-2000 c.a.r.t and dont watch nascar. never

If I was misunderstood, I am not the least bit happy about watching a Mercedes 1-2

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Khablam posted:

As a new fan, you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of watching season reviews of previous years. 2006 onwards if you want things to seem relatively modern and see some familiar names. '88 through to 2001 if you want good racing and some retro names. '83 onwards if you want to wonder wtf.

I was all set to watch in March until COVID woops

I've watched a handful of the youtube posted F1 Rewinds and some were cool. It's a shame that Verstappen seems like a shitfucker because holy fuckin moly Brazil 2016 is a wild watch.

While I've watched rando races I'd definitely like to know goon favorites. Yeah its another thing I could google I guess. I have a slight preference for "reverse uno card" races (which is also why this first 2020 race rocked) so please, any of those. I think F1TV gives me access to whatever.

no I'm not watching US 2005 shut the gently caress up

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Also definite bias because I came from Drive to Survive initially but of the races I've watched Azerbaijan 2017 rocks

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Thanks all and thats probably enough F1 to make my eyeballs bleed.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Ah shame, digging into the archives anything pre-2010 is spotty, though I peeped a few older suggestions and it seems like they've made sure to grab the highlights. They tend to have at least a highlights reel for everything though so a few full races + 15min "here's what happened" to fill it out might be a good way to watch an old season.

I'm watching Monza 88 and the lack of any live standing or graphics is a little tough, but I'm absolutely digging the camera angles and announcers. The fact that they settle on a corner or straight lets you compare lines and that way easier.

But anyway let's hear from Christian Horner about if they're trying to drive faster than the other teams. oh, they are

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

if force point wins 1-2 just cancel the loving season

its gonna be hilarious if they have the fastest car on paper and stroll finishes outside of a podium

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

It's pretty wholesome that Lance Stroll's dad was so confident in his driving abilities that he bought the team.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lol if this ends up being the grid.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

show me your largest Jean

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Looks like 9am local is when it picks up.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

It's super lame that you can't restart the livestream on F1TV so if you come in late you have to wait for the replay.

Looks like it'll be a fun f1 race tomorrow, wish the rain was going to hang around though. That was a super fun quali.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lmao FERRARI

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Now do a race of the trophy bots

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Now that I'm work from home from covid, instead of coffee if I get tired or unmotivated I just go take a quick nap, that's the correct answer

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

It doesn't really motivate me or help me get anything done, but it feels great

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Are there any available shitposting gimmicks I can scoop up?

Anyone pro-Aramco?

What about a Haas fan?

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Latifi seems entirely anonymous. I completely forgot he existed for the first 2 races except when I was laughing at Ferrari being out and he was right above them in the race order.

He's the rookie of the year, dude

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

the paradigm shift posted:

you would think the powerboat circuit series would be the weirdest one to understand but really it's formula off-road

I watched a powerboat race and the same two boats always won and the race had to be restarted several times for safety reasons and the biggest shake up in any racing was reliability issues

so yes

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’ve been browsing the f1 subreddit and honestly the posting here sucks because it seems like no one here has the drink or the gloves and steering wheel xD

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Jesus Christ I loving deeply regret that even as a sarcastic post, gently caress

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lmao Haas on wets and they’re trying to pit for slicks.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Hungaboring

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Give me rain. I need a clown show.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Me muttering “box box box” to my empty apartment as I crawl back into bed for a nap

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Computer, show me your grossest jean

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Haha holy poo poo

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Jolo posted:

Acccctually the real doll's name isn't Gunthersteiner. The real doll is Romain Grosjean. Gunthersteiner is the name of the dollmaker.

Gunthersteiner yet again making a bunch of people look like loving wankers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lol that was fun at the end and I can’t wait for softer tires next week.