Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Stroud came into this league 2 years away from being 2 years away so yall better watch out for Canadian Schumacher he coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

Wasn't able to watch live

loving :lol: at Stroll failing to get past Ricciardo after a million laps in the same car that nearly drove to 4th from 17th in the hands of a competent driver.

Norris once again with the last lap brilliance, that car is clearly so much better with low fuel. Sainz's lovely stop putting him out in traffic wrecked what had been a good run from him.

And the trophymobiles rule. I won't have anything bad said against them.

He finished ahead of Ricciardo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

Barely, by forcing him off the track, and he didn't gain a place out of it because he hosed it up so bad Norris cruised through

This is after 21 laps stuck behind a slower car (which his teammate had just passed in 2 laps) on a track with huge DRS zones

Since when does barely matter on the race track? Ahead is ahead baby

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Perez is a better more experienced driver. Stroll finished in the top 10 thats really good there's no embarrassment in finishing in the top 10 when you start outside of it lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

This is Stroll's 4th season, he has enough experience to be able to overtake a slower car with DRS. Perez started behind and nearly got 4th, Stroll couldn't pass a slower car with DRS without nearly taking both cars out and letting a third car through. He didn't gain a place and ended up losing his teammate a place. Top driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZFQOLR2XN0

The tone of voice of his engineer at the end says it all.

He's a 21 year old still learning who gained multiple positions to claim a nice finishing position. To claim that's humiliating in any way is grasping straws

E: what is humiliating is Ferrari crashing into eachother on lap 1 lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

loving poo poo like 11/16th ratchets gently caress offfffff just make everything in metric

Lol why inch is better to base things around

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Stroll going to be standing in the podium tomorrow

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You will not take away strolls chance for a comeback im sorry

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Look to your left that's stroll passing you

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Its unfair to call Lewis Hamilton the Jordan of f1 because he had yet to get his father killed because of a gambling addiction

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

A reminder that horner left his wife a few months after she gave birth for a spice girl

The guy is a poo poo

What if the kid gave off bad vibes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why gently caress Lewis? He's great

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why do yall keep saying guys constantly finishing top 5 are bad are we watching the same races

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Because some cars are so unbelievably dominant/cheaty that my nan could drive them to a WDC. Like Vettel is undeniably a paper champion because the only person he beat was Webber, and my nan could definitely beat a midfield driver with pins in his leg who was too tall for the car.

It takes a good driver to handle a car well enough to finish well

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thats a bunch of excuses he doesn't win because he's not as good at driving car

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
On the other hand it is smart to point out that a vaccine that we don't know everything about could be very dangerous.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Khablam posted:

No, it's not smart.
A working, approved vaccine is by definition not dangerous.
The "but we don't knowwww!" bullshit is every anti-vaxxer's dumb as loving poo poo argument. It's literally a technique to make doubting it the default option.

Look up the Tuskegee experiment op

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

the corona quid posted:

I’m gonna just take a wild stab here and guess you’ve at least dabbled with becoming an anti vaxxer

Lmfao no but if you think people don't have real reasons to be skeptical of unproven medicine (say like a vaccine going through trials) you are just flat out stupid

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

blunt posted:

Right, but by the time it comes out of trials and is made available to the general population it's no longer 'unproven'.

All Hamilton did with that post, whether it was intentional or not, was help prime his followers to reject a vaccine.

On the other hand the people who hate him tend to be more likely to believe that stuff so maybe they'll do the opposite and take the vaccine

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You can believe in vaccines while also being rightfully skeptical if this particular vaccine is going to go through all the precautions because of how society is right now yall

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Khablam posted:

If you looked at the research being done, instead of facebook posts and Fox news think-pieces about it, you'd be under no doubt.

So yes, I'm just repeatedly calling you an uneducated buffoon, but I am not wrong.

🖥

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Again you can believe in vaccines while maintaining skepticism that all the proper steps and precautions will be made and until they are (meaning when it's 100% ready to go) there should be skepticism to ensure it will.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

What would it take for you to believe that it's 100% ready to go?

That it goes through the standard process for vaccines fully and passes with flying colors. This isn't hard make sure it's tested fully just because it started on a good note doesn't mean it will end that way. Where it is now is positive but you can't assume it's going to stay that way you have to make sure it does.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Khablam posted:

Please explain the steps you are taking to "make sure" this is a safe vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/basics/test-approve.html

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

the corona quid posted:

Exactly what the gently caress do you think they’re doing lmao.

It seems you don't understand this concept so I'm going break this down for you as simply as possible.

If Lewis starts a race in first and after 75% of the race is completed and hes still in first most people will think hes going to win the race however a lot of bad things can occur during this last 25% the car could malfunction someone could crash into him something could happen in the pits he could have mental laspe during a turn these are all very possible things that could happen that would lead to him not winning the race so lewis and his team need to stick with their gameplan that has lead them this far and finish strong in order for lewis to win the race.

The vaccine is in a good spot right now its gone through a large chunk of the process when this whole pandemic started i believe the forecast was a year away from completion so we're still a bit away from that so all these researchers and investors needs to make sure the entire process (the gameplan) is fully done because as the economic pressure increases the chances of something not quite ready getting fast tracked also increases. Now read this closely this important the skepticism is that no matter what happens in the upcoming months that the vaccine will continue to go through the process as planned and not fast tracked in order to make a quick buck. This is something I wish to be true but until it is done no one can prove if it's either true or false so it should be met with skepticism. This is simple safety precaution

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BWV posted:

If someone bought him a lab I bet he could discover the vaccine.

Can confirm

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ty poty for the wise words

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Khablam posted:

A working, approved vaccine is by definition not dangerous".

No one here was arguing this. Only the weird strawman you created

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Vando posted:

excuse me I was in fact arguing this but only on the basis that "working" and "approved" can have wildly varying definitions that may not meet current standards/expectations

Oh my apologies carry on

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

ACTUALLY I am a way better sociologist check out this google search is some real goon poo poo

Where amazing happens

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lance about to win it all

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BWV posted:

Have you heard the good news?

🐏

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Strong time by stroll starting in the top third of the race

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BWV posted:

Get. In. There. Lewis.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Faulty car and lance still gets points 💪💪💪💪

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Custard Undies posted:

Hamilton won with 3 wheels, lance has no excuse for finishing 9th

Lewis is the greatest driver of all time using him as a measuring stick is unfair to anyone

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Its smart broadcasting to talk about the greatest driver of all time increasing his legacy op

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BWV posted:

What is more embarrassing, that Ferrari is the pride of Italy or that Italy is the home of Ferrari?

definitely ferrari being the pride of italy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Renault is filled with a bunch of cowards who will never be as successful racing point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wonder how large that check was lol