Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Looks partly cloudy at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Looked like the engine went.

Edit: Exhaust failure.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Bring back backup cars.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

BWV posted:

Sharl gaining all those places on the first lap just leading to more shots of Ferrari getting passed now.

lol

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

hopefully bottas or verstappen do something entertaining at the restart

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

doesn't look like rain at all. :negative:

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

almost rain. almost a lewis engine failure. almost some punctures from running over debris. this race is really good if you squint.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

So did Stroll just not pit then? It said he had 0 pit stops when they were all coming around to pit, and he stayed out and that's how he got ahead of the pack. Gasly must have pitted after the incident but before the pit lane was closed, because I saw him pit a bit before Lewis did.

Edit: Everyone pitted and Stroll stayed out, and then they were able to change his tires during the red flag without him losing the time. That's pretty lovely.

acidx fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 7, 2020

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Speaking of Albon goddamn did he look like trash. Probably the only driver that came away looking worse than Bottas. He's lucky Max had a bad start and didn't finish the race or he would've looked even worse. Lewis blowing past him and the williams he'd been following was hilarious.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Also another subtle Lewis suckoff was after the red flag the god drat timing on F1TV/Sky whatever stayed on interval to the leader for like 15 laps instead of gap between so it was way harder to see who was in drs at a quick glance. I assume they left it that long because we needed to see lewdog's gap to his rightful crown instead of the actual races all over

I could be overreacting and maybe I just haven't noticed but it sure seems like usually the timing switches between interval and gap pretty regularly

They show interval to the leader for a while after the race starts. They only switch to gap to the car ahead once they've run for a while and the cars have spaced out. Since it was a standing start after the red flag, they didn't switch over to the interval between cars for a while.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

If you want guys up front racing backmarkers just get rid of blue flags. Reverse grid stuff sounds silly to me. Hopefully the 2022 regs will put the whole issue to bed and we'll see more close racing and passing without having to manufacture it by arbitrarily putting slower cars up front.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

not sure what perez was doing there other than letting haas know that he can grosjean if they want him to grosjean

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

with sainz, stroll, and max out of the race, albon actually looked competent

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Reminder that what in a couple races will be the most experienced driver in F1 history asked his engineer what he got a 5 second penalty for and his engineer then tried to explain what a 5 second penalty is and how it is assessed like he was talking to a small child. Like how the hell do you think Kimi asked you what a 5 second penalty is lol.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

a pipe smoking dog posted:

So to me it seems that the main fault is with Latifi who decided to live inside Magnussen's gearbox, almost got him twice, and then basically offered Magnussen as a sacrifice to Giovinazzi. It kind of looks like if he'd backed off a bit the whole thing could have been avoided.

But that's about where you want to be on a restart. I'd put most of the blame on Ricciardo and Kvyat. Those two both had big gaps to make up on the straight, so Ocon behind the both of them had to race to keep up. Then it's just a chain reaction of guys racing full speed only to hit the back of the pack.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

I've had enough fun with a logitech setup that I want to get one of those fancy sims that leans in different directions to simulate g force for when I retire and have a lot of time to kill. I bet that and VR is amazing.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

the corona quid posted:

Bottas sucks just by virtue of the fact that he can't challenge Hamilton the way Rosberg could and the sport is boring as poo poo because of it. I hold nothing against him but he's definitely made the sport worse with his presence at Mercedes.

If they hadn't gotten Bottas they probably would've grabbed some other mid-tier driver after Rosberg left. Perez or hulk or some poo poo like that.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Looks sunny.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Woofer posted:

If you haven’t watched a race live I don’t know why you’d watch anything but highlights

Sometimes it's worth it. I usually watch a replay if the race hasn't been spoiled for me yet, but sometimes I'll stumble across something that will tell me who won accidentally, and I'll end up just watching the highlights. Unless that thing tells me that the guy who won was Pierre Gasly. Then I watch the race.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

your friend wicka posted:

Travis Pastrana is a motocross rider so it would be pretty weird if he could jump into a WRC car and start winning just because he's a person you've heard of.

Even calling him a "motocross rider" is pretty charitable since he was a does tricks off jumps in a dirt bike mans.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

What happens if you have to puke while you're driving tho

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

The bucket... Is it in or no?

No Kimi, you will not have the bucket.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

If it stays rainy tomorrow maybe this will be like a Vettel in the Toro Rosso at Monza situation for Stroll :lol: could barely type that with a straight face

Khablam posted:

Positions after lap 3:

1-VER
2-PEREZ
3-ALBON
4-HAMILTON
5-RICCIARDO
6-STROLL

Book it.

It'll be this

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

The track is wet but it's sunny.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Stroll is starting in a puddle and Verstappens lane is pretty dry lol

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Sounds like we're gonna get a big shower mid-race. :getin:

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

oh max no

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

never would've thought it would've been vettel who would gently caress this race up for the red bulls lol

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

perez moved under braking

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

if it dries up enough to get a decent run on softs, lewis is probably going to start flying past people. especially with drs

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

albon was losing time to perez even before this. bum lol

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

well off goes lewis into the horizon

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

the red bulls are gonna lap bottas lol

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

learnincurve posted:

What happened to that crossing the pit lane line investigation?

they're gonna investigate it after the race

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

lol

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

lewis is p much guaranteed 8 next year. wonder if he can get to 10 when the new regs come in

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

learnincurve posted:

It’s easy to be the best driver when the car and strategy is designed around you, and management are constantly fawning over you while treating the second driver like the disappointing child no matter what they do.

Red Bull hasn't worked out the kinks in designing a car that can be driven by human beings in general, much less a specific human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think I've said this before but it bears repeating, Lewis's color scheme now is epic and phwoar. He went through many other phases with his fake Senna and other random white/maroon/whatever but this is perfect. The Purple Rain. He has metamorphosed into his final dominant form and it suits him perfectly. It's also slightly gender bending in its palette and reference to Prince so it'll be galaxy brain when he eventually comes out. #getinthere

I really like the police eyewear logo on it. Goes well with the black lives matter shirt.