Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

So proud of the good lads at McLaren for having a stable testing with no fires or engine detonations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Obviously Mercedes seems to have found a way to make it work, but I’d have thought there would be a lot of accidental DAS activation from using the wheel to brace through turns and quick braking/accelerating.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Guenther’s pep talks are rough. Working at Haas must be miserable.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Love to watch a segment on Hamilton winning Monaco and then the next episode wastes five minutes building suspense on whether Max can beat Hamilton at Monaco. I realize Drive To Survive is aimed at non-fans, but I think they could still try to thread together a season-long arc instead of team vignettes that can be watched in any order.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Horner giving Albon a weird “don’t take this opportunity for granted” spiel about how Hubert would have given his arm for the Red Bull seat when he’d literally just given his life was supremely hosed up.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

McLaren will win a championship before Ferrari do

Inshallah

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I like Ricciardo, but didn’t he win China pretty much entirely because he was able to pit while everyone in front of him couldn’t/didn’t, so he divebombed his fresh tires to the front past people with lovely worn ones?

Edit: Edited because I’m illiterate and thought you said he won China in a Renault, not their PU.

Dinosaurs! fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 14, 2020

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

The cool down room is rear end, but I like the grid walk as background noise while I’m waking up and making coffee.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Theophany posted:

Wow, it's almost as if you win more races if your car is a cheating fraudmobile operating with assistance from the very biased (AND FRENCH) FIA. Good insights OP, please do share more of this gripping research.

But Ferrari didn’t win more races.

Edit: I should have read to the end of the thread. Whatever. It stays.

Dinosaurs! fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 18, 2020

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Proud of Norris and all the good lads at McLaren seeing their hard and honest work come to fruition.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Zeta Acosta posted:

Kimi drove the wheels out of that Ferrari.

He sure did.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Give me Alonso-Vettel at Renault next year.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Lololol Ferrari

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Lol Stroll running Ricciardo and himself off the track.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

LANDOOOOO

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’m watching Lando gently caress around on the track after everyone’s gone home for the day and there are pit crew people running and cycling by. Seems like a fun perk of the job.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Wandered onto today’s race after watching the F1 doc on Netflix. First live race! But the teams seem so different from 2019.

Welcome! I’m happy to report the good lads at McLaren are doing even better than last year, Vettel is doing even worse, and Lance is only still in the sport because his father owns the team.

Also do not share your opinion on cookware if your brain is poisoned to the extent you believe cast iron is measurably better than teflon.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Aww poor Haas, with a actually competent engine supplier they would be 2/3 right now.

Until they pitted

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Sainz just stuffed Leclerc in the dumpster. Get used to not doing that next year, buddy.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

These italicized driver numbers they’ve jacked up with every blending option in Photoshop look amateur as hell.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

How is Silverstone so incredibly boring?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Love to hear them talk about Stroll pulling risky moves that pay off like he doesn’t do them completely by accident in a panic.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

learnincurve posted:

It always has been. I’m old enough to have been there in the 1980s and you used to be able to get terrifyingly close to the track and just hang out on the grass as wheels bounced around narrowly missing everyone, it was that closeness of the fans that made it look good on TV.

Huh. I figured a lot of the boring tracks used to be exciting when the cars were smaller and slower. Interesting to hear it was always bad.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Lewis with legit tire problems???

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Incredible ending :lol:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

British GP Any% NO PITS

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

andyf posted:

https://streamable.com/074xwl

oof being strolls race engineer sounds like an awful job

Lmbo

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

an oddly awful oud posted:

Hi F1 thread. I thought sharing this article was worth breaking lurking over

Zak Brown, as interviewed by Drew Magary

It sure is something

Nice worlds colliding moment.

Also, thinking Road & Track’s logo is a Nazi flag gets me every time.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Even if he passed Bottas now, Lewis is not catching 7 seconds in 3 laps lmao

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Laughing at Ferrari is fun, but it’s just gross how bad they are now.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Is Lando’s helmet livery a cheap pizza chain menu?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

McLaren :swoon:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

:lol::lol::lol: Vettel

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Ooo nice double stack

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Fuuuuck Leclerc, man.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

What a legendary race

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Incredible

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I didn’t know you could take your pit stop on a red flag. That’s messed up.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Bye Max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

At first look that might have been Sainz’s fault.