Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

ARE DAN will put LanD'oh in his place next season

fight me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Lamborghini > ferrari

As far as F1 goes, at least Lamborghini were smart enough to know when to quit

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

You gotta take into account that at least half the field is not competitive in any meaningful way.

You say this like its unique to F1

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Hall of Shame

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Special Mention: Marcus Eriksson having done nearly 100 races and never getting higher than 8th

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

MotoGP made itself interesting by getting its' dominating WDC to crash and put himself out for multiple races

just sayin

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

the corona quid posted:

Just lmao if you think it’s anywhere near as boring as F1 because of Marquez, if anything it makes it more interesting.

i don’t actually think that, it was a subtle suggestion as to how F1 could fix its problem of being boring

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Funny how MotoGP consistently shits on F1 from a great height for racing spectacle even with a dominant rider and without contrived technological "solutions" like DRS and mandatory pit stops from lovely tyres

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 17, 2020

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Funny how when MotoGP is so much better than everything it can't sustain its own discussion thread and its 3 fans spend all their time in here moaning about F1

When SAS has active threads for Curling and Chess thats probably not such a great yardstick

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

NtotheTC posted:

As far as I can see it, the problem is the pit delta is too drat high. losing 20s+ in a pitstop relative to other drivers makes it a no-brainer to treat tires gently instead of pitting for new tires because there's usually no way to make up 20s even on a fresh pair of tires.

The solution: Cut the pit delta in half. Obviously we need the speed limits for safety but reconfigure the pit entry/exit to skip turns 1/2/3 whatever until the net time loss comes down to 10 seconds or less. Suddenly there's a huge amount of additional strategies available because making up 10s in 10 laps on someone nursing old tires isn't as difficult. More strategies = the teams can't cover all of them (until one of them solves P = NP which admittedly I wouldn't put past Mercedes) and you get your unpredictability back.

Obviously some circuits won't be able to reconfigure their pit lanes. for example we'll have to say goodbye to Monaco- making this pretty much be best plan ever.

Not in favour of this plan as it lets F1 off the hook and becomes the track owners' problem

except the Monaco bit, that's on-point

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

algorithm fixed

https://twitter.com/MonolsBunker/status/1295650510658297856?s=20

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

CancerCakes posted:

Some people are threatened when other people are successful I guess. Would rather hear about interesting STEM and marketing stuff than loving moto GP.

Speaking of which, guess what? ITS MOTOGP WEEKEND AGAIN! Will Maverick "Vettel" Vinales actually finish a race higher up than he qualifies?

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

and Yamaha rapidly becoming the Williams of MotoGP

except without the good engines

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

the paradigm shift posted:

he definitely knew he admitted it was the brakes and that they were acting iffy before they went entirely. he also used the wrong caliper against brembos warnings.

He slowed down a lap or two before and it looked like he was going to pull over but decided to keep going....

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Talladega, Grosejeans starts P1

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Brundle fapping himself raw over Lewis’ lap, ARE DAN calls him a oval office

RIC literally the best man in F1

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Sainz getting a taste of The Ferrari Experience early

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

why are Ham and Bot going out again when they are in no danger of not going thru to Q3

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Hasnt Alpine sold like one niche-market (admittedly good) car in 5 years since its resurrection as a brand?

That’s not much to pin an entire F1 team on

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 6, 2020

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

GramCracker posted:

Vettel to the glue factory

i think it’s his steed that needs to be taken out the back and shot

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Lewis got in there when he shouldn’t have

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

cmon Albon do it, you know you want to

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

somethings happened to RIC

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Honey badger is on! Bottas is done

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Renault 10 points ahead of Failrarri

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Idk I check the driver standings and I see him sitting 4th. Which I'd say is empirically not sucking.

Bottas is 2nd in the championship.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Phone posted:

guess who horner's favorite driver is????

Whoever Jos or Helmet tell him it is

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 8, 2020

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Maximum driver-team pairing of 3 or 4 years

there, i fixed it

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Imagine being Laurence Stroll and paying millions to get a worse driver, and making sure that everyone hates his son even more than before because he has a drive and Checo doesn't

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Russel for WRC

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Racist commentators fapping themselves raw over Lewis’ average lap in a fast car that Bottas would have smashed had that dud Frenchy not binned it

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

demote the entire grid to F3

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

wow f1 doesnt give a gently caress about social issues and are pretending only to appease mercedes until toto and hamilton are around?!?!?!?!?

F1 blatantly never gave a gently caress about social issues before, thats why this whole Lewis/BLM thing rings hollow

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Looking forward to this after brexit actually happens!

No need to wipe Britain from the face of the Earth, Brexit is doing it for us

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

It will probably pain you all to know that Crofty also makes bank on the live talk circuit

Yes, people actually pay decent money to listen to him tell stories about life as a star F1 announcer

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Lou Takki posted:

lol what are you talking about this has been an excellent season so far, total meltdown at Ferrari and Alphatauri wins a race. Phwoar!

The excellence of an F1 season should be judged by the number of wins by A-grade twat Lewi Shamilton, thus 2020 is sucking just as hard as previous seasons

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Lewis will strangely be taken ill after taking a swig of the victory champagne

Putin will claim its just the West trying to make Russia look bad again, to which the rest of the world will point out theres no need, the Sochi F1 race already does that

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

“you can’t lose positions when you start at the back”

:hmmyes:

*Ferrari strategists taking notes*

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

yes! hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005