Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Hamilton going to do a Spa 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Sombrerotron posted:

Ziggo's helpfully informing the viewers that Hamilton is close to breaking yet another record, namely that of collecting more than 10 penalty points in a year. Get in there Lewis!

Following Schumacher again then

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
WHats the point of RUS going for fastest lap? He doesnt get the point?

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Ok now to MotoGP and a real race

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Italian team shafting itself? hmm strange

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
The F2 cars look so much better than the F1’s

Like at least they are proportional and don’t have the wheelbase of a bus

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Sulman posted:

Legislation has nothing to do with technical progress. It's empty posturing, you can't just kill the ICE with a press release. That's political fist bumping.

Until there's real progress with batteries (against the trend of the last 100 years) or Hydrogen becomes a lot more viable, absolutely nobody knows which way it's going to go.

And this is in isolation of the energy crisis that will emerge from such widespread electrification. Nobody wants to talk about where that power should logically come from because they're afraid they might upset their mates that like Greenpeace.

Tesla has through a combination of battery chemistry and management almost doubled the range of the Model S in 8 years. The company cant make Model Ys and 3s quick enough to fulfill orders. Combine that with Euro mandatory zero emissions in the next few years and its pretty obvious which way things are going to go.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Sulman posted:

Oh Tesla has done it? Well forget everything I've written, because a company that despite defying every financial metric going has managed to still survive is proof of nothing more than the unlimited goodwill and feel-good bullshit that follow anything Tesla does. Cool poo poo. Cool cars and marketing, that's about it. Affordability wise, they're toys for arseholes. Stock wise, you might as well set fire to your money.

It's not obvious at all. Electrification via renewables in Germany - hitherto considered the world model - has thus far underperformed. There's no clear road.

Whether you love or hate the company it doesnt change the fact that there is significant, ongoing progress in battery tech. that is making real-world difference. Its also pretty clear with mandatory EU rules and every major manufacturer scrambling to get EVs to market what the future is going to be - the end of the road for ICE, replaced by BEV and later, Hydrogen EV.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Am I misremembering poo poo or didn't they get caught in the most hilarious way possible, with their engine blowing up mid-race and scattering parts all over, which the stewards immediately took into evidence and later issued their "this would be extremely illegal if anyone were to be found doing it, Ferrari"

E: I'm probably misremembering and thinking the hilarious vettel-leclerc collision at brazil was the engine failure

Hey remember that time Toyota did that clever turbo restrictor cheat in WRC? Oh wait no thats not the same, they got BANNED

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

learnincurve posted:

That was dull, 100% sure it wouldn’t have been with a better commentary team though.

It was embarrassing the way they desperately tried to talk up a Max pole

Like that was ever going to happen

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
7th different MotoGP winner in 9 races

Imagine if F1ahshshahahahaa

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
new drinking game - every time Crofty mentions Cyril’s upcoming tattoo

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Hulk check - top 8

(edit: ah he’s pitted)

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 11, 2020

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Complete absence of any radio calls about power issues

Skarsnik posted:

I think they've fired him mid race

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
jeezus drink up lads

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
wow, the post race of Albon and the footage of him leaving the track, guy just looks broken

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Custard Undies posted:

I think its time to pull something out of the bin.....

Anyone see the post-race where things got a bit spicy between Di-resta and Rosberg because Di-Resta said the reason Gasly wont be picked for RB again is because apparently he pissed certain RB people off

also Nico is a cock

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I went to a Rally America event because it was super close to me and I wanted to see what it was like and.. I mean it was a ton of fun but it was basically some random from the WRC (David Higgins), Travis Pastrana, and maybe one other super well funded car, followed by a host of folks that didn't look like they had a spare part if they needed one.

Don't get me wrong it's still a very cool event and all but if you look at "Outright winner" then the team with a camera crew and a budget is absolutely going to beat the dude who showed up with an early 90's Mustang that looked like it would barely start or what looked to be an even earlier pick up truck that was nearly unrecognizable by brand. (Those guys won in my heart, though.)

Basically this. Spend some cash on a car that's miles ahead of the competition just by virtue of being basically a factory team (I guess technically the cars are farmed out to a garage in the US) and now guess what Travis Pastrana is a Rally America Champion! He gets champagne and to be a celeb, they get a bunch of footage to sell WRX's to idiots like me. There's no real competition.

I dont know why WRC never took off in the States, i mean yeah its poo poo now but in the '90s it was loving amazing, the drivers were all aliens and the cars were fast, loud and sideways (as opposed to now where theyre just fast)

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

the corona quid posted:

Alex Marquez.... owns?!?!

Spanish riders cannot own, sorry

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

the corona quid posted:

Got a case of the old Vinales-itis eh? I hear that’s going around, sad to hear it’s in F1 now too.

lol at being a Vinales fan tho

why would you do that to yourself

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

in dutch everything is a slur

Australian reporting in

Yes?

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

marshalljim posted:

Apparently the worst thing you can call someone in Dutch is a "frikandelachtig Mark Webber."

A delicious hotdog/sausage thing with onions and mayo?

Also dutch fast/snack food is the best, how the country isn’t full of lard-arses is a mystery to me

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Stroll sacked mid-race Albon style

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
I thought it was clear by now Pants Loll is not in F1 because of his stellar motorsport results

why would you even think that

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Passion but no talent means you sit in the grandstands not on the actual track wrecking people

*apply to Ferrari as necessary

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

the corona quid posted:

Bad news everyone. It appears Quatararo had caught a terminal case of Vinalesitis. He’s going to have to be quarantined to the factory Yamaha team for the foreseeable future. Maybe one day he will be rehabilitated and have race pace without a million excuses again if we find a cure but I’m doubtful.

Could be worse, he could be riding for the factory Ducati team

I mean, what have Ducati got now that their engine isnt dominating over the rest of the field any more and their chassis is average

Hey wait, that sounds suspiciously like another Red team we know

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 26, 2020

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Yeah... I think he's a great guy personally and I align with a lot of the things he stands (or kneels) for, but I don't think I'll ever be able to root for him. I've always preferred underdogs and have always hated when the people at the very top whine about things. And I'm drat tired of seeing HAMBOTVER burned into my TV. He also does the Homelander "You guys are the Real Heroes" thing like every race, which I get, maybe it's nice to hear if you're part of the crew. The over dramatization is just annoying. Dude, you have the wdc/constructor cup wrapped up in the first half of the season every year. Tbh if it weren't for how good of a dude he is personally I'd probably hate the poo poo outta him.

this

Quite frankly bored of anything to do with Team Mercedes

At least he's beat Schumi now so everyone can stfu about it

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

spaceblancmange posted:

If you need something for 2010 he got caught doing burnouts leaving the Australian grand prix lol

I dont want to defend Poois but if you were given the keys to an AMG SLS as if you wouldnt test the traction

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Vomitorium posted:

so first click on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AYy-BcjRXg
get it playing good and loud

then this

to Adelaide who said they could host it at The Bend if we couldn't get our poo poo together, gently caress you :D

Its early days yet, im sure you Victorians will find some way to gently caress up Australia's Coviding which btw is superior to other filthy disease-ridden countries like the US, UK, Netherlands and Italy

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
This weekend is a historic occasion and in the run-up to the GP i would just like to remind everyone to take a minute to reflect upon one of the all-time greats in F1

the Imola circuit pre-'95, especially Tamburello

gone but not forgotten :italy:

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
you South Australians are broken in the head

*i would totally eat that pie floater thing

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

ilmucche posted:

lewis already saying tomorrow will be a snoozer because you can't pass here, but the track is a classic and they should build more like this.

They’ve said that about every new track this year but so far those races have managed to be not poo poo, so...

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Dan is going to get eaten alive for not pitting

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Failbon

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Rhopunzel posted:

racing point more like racing loses points

Racing Pointless

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Imagine enjoying sports primarily through the successes of those you like instead of the failures of those you hate

Thats quite the spicy take

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
keep Monaco but make them have to race in Superkarts or MotoGP bikes

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

the corona quid posted:

If Nakagami podiums during this weekend’s MotoGP race I will buy a Mac Book Pro

I really hope Ducati can wiAAArgrhghgh
I really hope Yamaha can wiAAArgrhrghh

Nope i just cant say it

Vomitorium posted: