Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the best thing about F1 is all the vettel truthers who think he's being sabotaged and isn't just an rear end in a top hat nobody likes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

If gene haas just set $200mil on fire in a parking lot it would have been cooler to watch and more worthwhile

I mean they could hire vettel and raikkonen, that's be funny

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ilmucche posted:

American Failrari

screwderia fubary

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Theophany posted:

I don't get this reference, would you please explain?

sit on it for a bit and you'll come to realize what it means

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jazzyhattrick posted:

I think some people are cagey about being seen to support the BLM organisation.

BLM UK made a pro-palestine tweet where they pretty strongly implied that Jews control the media. When a Black Jewish woman, who supports BLM, asked them to maybe leave out the conspiracy theories (at no point did she in any way tell them not to criticise Israel) several of their followers responded by calling her a zionist whore.

I can see how a driver would hear the words "Black Lives Matter" and "Antisemitism" used in the same sentence and get scared off from kneeling.

Imo it seems like the organization that employs FIA stewards is capable of splitting hairs finely enough to satisfy all sides of that issue while still having the drivers take a knee

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Maybe somebody should ask these F1 drivers what they think of Romani people

grosjean doesn't need that kind of attention

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

Kimi doesnt give a gently caress about anything except racing and the dude is going to retire this year or the next one.

he can buy haas for cheap

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Carth Dookie posted:

I kind of have to admire him for it. Dude isn't fast anymore he just likes driving fast cars around the world for as long as he can.

looking forward to 50 year old raikkonen driving for red bull's 4th team and hurling empty heineken bottles out the cockpit at the haas boys as he passes them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Alonso's first WDC was very literally "this is the car on-pace that broke down least"
Raikkonen out-drove the poo poo out of him that season.

Honestly if Raikkonen gave a poo poo about qualifying more often, he'd probably place pretty highly for how old he is in F1 years.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I like that every team has their own glitch, like mercedes has this electrical noise thing, ferrari has vettel, etc

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

when your gearboxes are haunted by the victims of genocide but you're not sure which genocide because your sponsors are complicit in several of their own

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frond posted:

Remember the time parts were flying off the 2018 McLaren during testing and they insisted everything was fine?

excuse me those parts just got their first podium finish of their F1 career

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cheeky lando

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol at the sheer gods-taunting hubris to choose a man literally named after walking to be a race car driver

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GramCracker posted:

alright, so vettele actually did something cool and good for once and made a sweet looking helmet for this weekend

what's cool and good about it, does it disqualify him or something or keep him from crashing into other drivers

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

do the trophy box pilots get to call themselves F1 drivers

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

big fan of the weird social experiment that is scuderia ferrari acting like they aren't a cancer on the track despite literally having big tobacco as your sponsor for decades

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lou Takki posted:

0600 - first redbull
0730 - second redbull
0830 to 1900 - black coffee, roughly 6 - 10 cups a day

e: I know everyone hates the taste of redbull but I love it, clearly I'm the idiot here.

I drink a pot of coffee between 0600 and 0700, then 6-8 shots of espresso between 0700 and 0900 so I'm able to function before the meds kick in, having tried replacing parts of that routine with redbull I'm of the mind that it tastes worse than any coffee other than starbucks and is also a horrible substitute for the wakefulness effects

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasukhani posted:

only 1 way

I didn't know ferrari made coffee

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

What the gently caress man, this is an insane amount of caffeine and you need to seriously dial it back

I've had that routine for almost a decade and my BP has been fine every time I donate blood, go be a scold at the dumbasses skulling monsters and redbulls

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wtf in this game I get penalized for spearing my teammate in the first lap of the race and breaking both our cars but apparently that's just fine in actual racing?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Are there any available shitposting gimmicks I can scoop up?

Anyone pro-Aramco?

What about a Haas fan?

ghost of enzo ferrari lamenting what's become of the team

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the thousand talents program already exists, why would a break-in need to happen

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

track day bro! posted:

I mean sainz was definitely working out because he kept posting about it on his twitter, it's almost like these british guys have no work ethic and would rather stream videogames for a living, sad!

canadians too, dude looks like he lives in a basement

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

his last name is stroll, it should be obvious he's not meant for driving

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GramCracker posted:

yeah. "playing F1 2020"....you were jerking off, be honest

same thing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fondly remembering Monaco last year and being a little sad we won't get to see leclerc embarrass himself in his home country again

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Roth posted:

I didn't realize the Hungarian GP was 6 am my time (PST).

Is that normal?

probably, it's a 9 hr diff from weedtime so that would put it at 3pm in the birthplace of WWI which is fine for racing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Secrashtian

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Johnny Death visiting huh

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Metapod posted:

Its unfair to call Lewis Hamilton the Jordan of f1 because he had yet to get his father killed because of a gambling addiction

That's probably Albon at some point

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lando wanting to be an F1 mechanic when he grows up but having to deal with being a driver first

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

track day bro! posted:

i would take vettel, i recon he could help me work on cars and stuff

true but "being able to access the engine more easily because the car is broken in half" is not very useful help

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Theophany posted:

Have you seen the dude's physique? I'd gently caress him. Hell, I'd gently caress him so good he'd let me take a poo poo in his private jet's toilet.

whomst among us would not let lewis get in there

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

don't worry wario, nobody gives a gently caress what you think

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the greatest drivers crash their cars all the time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

Lewis and Max

dont driver for ferrari

Schumacher

drove for ferrari

If you look the data you will see that Schumacher is cool and Lewis and Max both loving suck. Thanks for reading.

Schumacher may not beat them on the road anymore but he can still hold his own against them in a cognitive battery

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

madsushi posted:

Haas has scored points more recently than any other team, if this trend continues then the constructors cup is ours.

no that just means the regression to the mean will be even funnier

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I have a stimulating philosophical question for we accomplished Formula One analysts: who is the best driver, from the perspective of a team as an employee? The criteria are up for some debate but they would obviously include good driving performance measured in points won relative to teammates or other teams while not at the expense of relations with the team, FIA, the press, or expenses such as crashed cars. And also not requiring a large salary in ratio to sponsor Euros brought to the team. I think Our Valtteri would be high on such a list. #forzabot

Kimi because he probably doesn't even ask for a salary, doesn't take unnecessary risks such as "taking qualifying seriously," and generally just is satisfied with making sure he doesn't puncture a tire on ferrari debris or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

everyone's gonna laugh at the max defender posts when he crashes at silverstone