Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Scalding Coffee posted:

Do we have enough Red Ginseng and 9 Orifice Pills to supply future Refiners?
We do, but eating raw spirit stone is fine too.

quote:

To add on to the hunting trip, I shall also visit Jade Spring Grotto in mt Shu and kill the Refinement-level beast for its cultivation drop. I would bring Flower Bun home in time to help Hats survive his Tribulation.
Ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Those items are used to quicken your furnace growth rate. That painfully slow conversion process that Refiners spend so much time on. Spirit Stone adds fixed Qi amount and increases its recharge rate.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ah those. I have been trying to purchase them or get its ingredients to make some ourselves. But no luck and we only managed to make one from what we grow. I would have everyone ate them manually if we have it in stock. :(

Maybe I should download some shop mod or adjust the merchant to come more often.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Ginseng and Lingzhi make 9 Orifices Pills. Can we plant fields of Ginseng?

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
The general consensus is that it's way more important to get cultivation harmony to max out but for essence refining, purple lingzhi and red ginseng are fairly readily available. Mother Earth Spirit Juice is good too but you need to go hang out at Acacia sect and generally you kind just don't get it (may depend on hidden factors like stats). Using pills to increase refinement rate is a must but the refining takes usually a year with pills at least to get to maybe 250 refined and is kinda the reason I haven't been playing my latest True Immortal save very much trying to do it the honest way. Excellent compatibility should be the top of the list either way for making a big beefy core.

That said, as long as you already have one golden core with a decent amount of qi, making other golden cores should be much easier since you can summon weather (assuming you have enough base qi to do so). Since it decreases longevity, just eat and drink all the longevity stuff, because there's no major side effects to huffing longevity elixirs and the like? I guess?

This is the part of the game where if you really wanna max an inner disciple you can go hog wild on it, maybe even make one out of a demon cultivator and power them up to beat tribulation and become super boffo.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I may be overthinking the furnace mechanic. It's going to be great when we come across the 100+ year life extension stuff and Dao reducing items, to stuff everyone with lots of skills.

Might as well pump up the Qi Defense on Hats and if you need some more time, I think Tribulations get delayed when they are sent on long trips. I think Snow would also weaken his Tribulation, but I don't think anyone knows it unless it's from the Library.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Ginseng and Lingzhi
I must be thinking a different pill. Someone is selling lots of Ginseng and we have plenty of magic shroom. :blush:

Scalding Coffee posted:

I think Tribulations get delayed when they are sent on long trips. I think Snow would also weaken his Tribulation, but I don't think anyone knows it unless it's from the Library.
There are elixir that delays it, but I am sure our sect master would want to sacrifice himself to teach everyone the danger of tribulation and free up his seat for a backlog. :shobon:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Can I get on the waitlist?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Tunicate posted:

Can I get on the waitlist?
Of course.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Coffee have waited a long time. He is now confident at taking Flower Bun out for demon beast hunting.

Not to confuse with the recently emerged sentient demon cultivator. They are nice folks and we will pay them a visit soon.

Flower Bun will NOT bring Laxative as a gift.

Coffee know full well of the feeble side of this hastily patch together sect.

We need to start making more essence pill to help out Inner generate more Max Qi. Resource ingredient, however, are scarce.

We could go for cheaper(?) alternative if someone are willing to sacrifice their precious comprehension time to learn alchemy.

Our inapt decision to keep the other three herbs as decoration are biting us in the back.

As such, we will build an herbal garden that will be upgraded to a green house in the future. These rabbit are there to fertilize the crops. Not for food.

Jossar is the most talented in that regard.

He also has one secret art among his treasure boosting arts to make it better.

When did he get 4 level? Skill conversion when he was an Outer?

Either way, he will level alchemy to 6 and learn these alchemy secret arts.

Hats knew he is running out of time. He need to hole up in a metal house to counter the wood lightning.

However, on the likely chance of his fall, he must pass down his arts to a student. Someone to remember his name beside ‘ancestor’.

Coffee needed strength for his hunt, and Hats can see the passion in this young one that is the same age as him, but Hats have one more max age! :corsair:

The ceremony in front of the ancestors is completed.

Hats will now impact all he learned at a 50% discount!

What? Not everything? Alright.

First thing is this godly lazy cultivation art.

Next is his most precious time-saving skill, also lifesaving for running away.

The rest will be saved for Coffee’s own skill tree:
Three Yang Maridans: Max Qi, Phy +0.3
Five Organs Tempering: Primary Stats +0.3, Greatly Improve Essence conversion rate
Imperial Secret Record: Fundamentally increases spell power
Raging Flame: Fire element. No spell travel, just explosion right at the foe after a short incantation. Long cooldown.
Mind Cleansing: +0.5 Comp

Lazy Hats tries to delay the learning session, but Coffee stop him on the door.

Flower Bun makes sure Hats taught him everything. :cheerdoge:

Coffee’s hunting time will not be wasted as he will earn cultivation with zero effort.

Time well spent on resting the mind and body before the hunt.

This beef village is getting a lot of traffic lately.

It’s midnight, the perfect time for hunting.

Coffee wants to visit a place call Jade Spring Grotto at Mt. Shu, but it seem the local sect need to give us permission first.

So he will visit beef village to clear out any local demon from our most important food source.

God Step secret art cuts down travel time by 2/3. One day become 0.3 day.

Boom, he’s there.

3:44 AM, merely a three-hours flight.

Flower Bun is protecting the sect at home.

So we summon Flower Bun (Shadow). :shittydog:

Both will split up to find the demon.

Their activity woke up the mortals, but Coffee don't have time to tell them that this is not a FBI raid.

The demon we saw last time was gone...

Normal hunt it is! We do need meat back home. :razorfront:

Pre-cooked.

Bone and Marrow are water element in five element theory. So fire specifically dried them up to cause these injury?

There are enough boar to fill his pocket. Too bad for the furs, we should get another Inner to haul the extra next time.

Another day saved by Coffee! :toot:

5:57 AM, about two hours of travel.

Coffee already got plenty of rest, he will visit the wood and herb mountain. :whip:

:intv:

Found it right off the bat! A refinement realm demon! :razorfront:

After a long engagement, Flower Bun arrive in position!

Tactical aggro swap! :hfive:

Return to battle!

Right on time! His Qi ran out!

This amount of health damage is all from the explosion!

But the injury actually came from a critical hit from Coffee or Flower Bun’s treasure! :pigoff:

Raging Flames is on a long cooldown, so the other spell isn’t a waste-

Oh. It’s down.

First expedition victory! :toot:

There’s no more demon on the map, mission accomplished! :woop:

Cult Map:

I went overboard with the streetlights, but our sect will never be dark again. :sun:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I want to continue harvesting demon beast skins until I have a shirt and pants made out of them. The Qi protection stack, which adds to protection against Tribulations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I want to continue harvesting demon beast skins until I have a shirt and pants made out of them. The Qi protection stack, which adds to protection against Tribulations.

So you could hide under a demon beast quilt to protect yourself from Heavenly Lightning bolts?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Pull the blanket over your head and make sure your feet are tucked in so angry god can't find you

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

So you could hide under a demon beast quilt to protect yourself from Heavenly Lightning bolts?

For centuries, a rite of passage for French cultivators was the eating of the Ortolan. These tiny birds—captured alive, force-fed, then drowned in Armagnac—were roasted whole and eaten that way, bones and all, while the diner draped his head with a linen napkin to preserve the precious aromas and, some believe, to hide from the Heavenly Tribulation.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can hide in hide, but Santa will still find you.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Scalding Coffee posted:

You can hide in hide, but Santa will still find you.

I'm not afraid of santa. I can take 'im!

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm not afraid of santa. I can take 'im!

The guy can fly around the world in a night, he's probably way past Golden Core. And that's not counting his reindeer spirit beast buddies, or whatever's in his sack.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Santa is an immortal but he cultivates peacefully 364 days a year, and the last year he hands out gifts to good people and punishes the wicked. That is just enough to stave off his tribulations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

AtomikKrab posted:

Santa is an immortal but he cultivates peacefully 364 days a year, and the last year he hands out gifts to good people and punishes the wicked. That is just enough to stave off his tribulations.

To quote Santa: "Karma's a bitch unless you give her kids presents."

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

Booksnake

quote:

Nick Buntline
God dammit. Maybe one day, I will finally get to be a snake person as well. :(

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I also want to learn some secret arts from Arcanuse. That gives me a discount, right?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I also want to learn some secret arts from Arcanuse. That gives me a discount, right?
Yes. Non-master can teach for 25% discount.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

While Coffee continues his hunt for more demon fur to make magical cloth for everyone, we will make friends with the sentient demon. Maybe they will sell us their fur.

Our generosity knows no bound! :3:

Their offering, however, does match our gift in usefulness. Their fish meat is also overpriced.

Coffee returns, and we now have 30 demon fur in stock. :toot:

Enough for a full set of casual clothing or almost enough for a training pants. Since the fur can adjust its temperature, the training cloth should be the right middle point for all season.

Coffee’s next stop will be the iron ore mountain. The same place we found the corpse of our seventh brother!

GridLocked, our charismatic cat will woo this sect to let us in their special place. :wiggle:

Hats will not be lazing around. He will try out an extreme measures to preserves his life!

Such as burning his lifespan to get more Max Qi! This will likely be the last skill he has enough comprehension to purchase. :ssj:

Slaan is back to Qi Refinement! Jesus Rabbit! That took forever!

Her skills are mostly treasure boost with an attack spell that’s a bit better than Coffee's explosion spell.

It would take a while before she is combat ready, so she will learn something useful from our library or taught by someone instead.

She really wants to beat up those scammer who sold us this fire law.

Meanwhile, the competent fire law user - Coffee arrived with Flower Bun. There might be more stuff beyond seventh brother’s corpse that's guarded by a demon beast.

Flower Bun bravely take the lead like a good hunting dog. :shittydog:

Nothing on our brother’s rotting corpse. It’s nice for the nearby villager to leave it alone, next to their water source.

There it is! Guarding so many iron ore that we don’t need!

Three explosion spell later, it went down pathetically.

Coffee’s spell evaporated its rear muscle of right leg, and his treasure crushed its left rib! :black101:

Great haul today! He can make a spare for his master with this amount!

He didn’t wake up anyone this time as he inspects each house for demon and confiscate anything that might be possessed by demon. :catholic:

The world is safer thanks to Coffee! May you rest in peace, seventh brother!

Hats is busy burning four years of his life for the next six days to get 70 worth of essence into Max Qi. It’s a great deal considering he will take maybe a whole year to covert the same amount essence.

Oh no, it’s five and a half-day! We will deal with it later. :effort:

We need to expand the fridge room thanks to Coffee’s contribution.

Flower Bun also helps to free up our junk in fridge.

Time to buy more junk.

All good stuff. No doubt overpriced.

We got the first roll this time, so we will start with +100 to not jack up the price like that idiot.

Two out of six bidder added +500…

Alright, let’s try +1000 to scare off the competition.

THE NEXT PERSON IMMEDIATELY BID +1000! :cripes:

… this only worth 1000 from sect trade. I might have to download a trader mod, this is ridiculous. :cry:

Next is a mystery item that is round and spiritual.

We bid to win this. No goon would not be curious about this. :yaycat:

It’s one of those Qi gathering item, but for water! We got it for a fair price! It's not a bad deal! I swear! :cry:

Happery sewed this. It’s pink, so Hats would like it.

Our water wizard is doing great too!

Three more to go! :cry:

Arcanuse is slowly building up his Max Qi. There’s no rush to Karuna a golden core and accidentally hits tribulation like Hats, but he could burn his lifespan to speed things up, which is a good idea for his long lifespan.

It’s been seven hours, Coffee wonders how his master is doing.

He gained 70 Max Qi... :rip:

This is no good for him. Maybe he should spend the rest of his days teaching and making treasure instead.

:eyepop:

He already makes things at 100% quality, so it’s a useless boost on Coffee’s pink cloth.

Right on time for his bone burning bottleneck too!

This was 80%. It could also be due to night time.

He will go hunting until noon.

Our alchemist is almost home from his long trip.

But we still lack Ginseng or Spirit Herb. Each pill takes a huge quantity to make it.

We are upgrading Rabbit Land with spirit wood on pedestal to simulate a high Qi environment. The lack of spirit soil is the real cause of our shortage.

This patch of shroom land is the ONLY place with spirit soil.

Coffee arrived at the next hunting spot. He is wearing ‘Pink’ cloth with spiky sleeve!

It’s the best cloth in the sect that boost Qi damage! :madmax:

Flower Bun found the demon beast at northeast while coffee confidently searches the southwest.

Yes, Coffee slam this treasure bow to break bones. Truly an esoteric combat style evolved from his days of guerrilla warfare.

We almost feel bad for the boar.

Thankfully, its death came too quickly for empathy to sets in.

Another 50! Coffee is getting good at this! :yotj:

Nothing to steal in cotton village. Coffee's cloth is better than the emperor's robe!

Too bad small demon boar doesn’t drop meat that give huge amount of essence.

Hats is producing crap for the second sword array defense system.

Nevermind, we can only build one of these. :sigh:

Very well. Let’s see how many crap we can stuff in that sword.

Now that our defense system is online, our Outer can affords pursuing their own interest.

Such as one-sided romance between ‘friend’.

To foster Outer relation, it’s time to implement our pyramid plan! All those light blue dots are the street lamp I placed last time to keep everyone out of the dark! :sun:

They are actually grid lines. :ssh:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 2, 2020

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Rip Hats, we shall honor your sacrifice, as soon as someone reminds me what it was.

Could Hats do whatever it was that turns you back into mortal to dodge the lightning or is it guaranteed to happen now that the timer has started? And what are the ways to actually survive Tribulation when it happens this early?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

throw to first drat IT posted:

Could Hats do whatever it was that turns you back into mortal to dodge the lightning or is it guaranteed to happen now that the timer has started? And what are the ways to actually survive Tribulation when it happens this early?
He should be able to do that. There's also pills that delays the tribulation by days or weeks, and then maybe burn his lifespan into Max Qi in the meantime. He could also die, triggers last breath, then take a lifesaving pill like Slaan.

I will do any of those if he make a post for it. :v:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

throw to first drat IT posted:

Rip Hats, we shall honor your sacrifice, as soon as someone reminds me what it was.

He can make a formation that hopefully strengthens his Qi base. Earn a Clover for being such a good person. We have taken steps to help him. On the discord, people don't really talk about their first time or how they deal with a series of Golden Core murders as they learn the game.

I would like to know the game's tutorial on dealing with Tribulations, cause having it appear on early Golden Cores is like a newbie trap and "this is one of life's lessons".

Can you make a video of the whole tribulation? I can link to someone else who is doing one and my jaw dropped. Might be a little spoilery since he failed on a demon bro.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oh wow, they really expanded the tutorial! There's even one for getting emergency food! Nothing about tribulation though, unless I missed it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I wouldn't have it any other way.:perfect:

Rather pumped on playing a game I own, but just can't "play it" yet.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 23, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I guess if we put in the effort through the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP without resorting to destroying his foundation.

Tribulations are there, FOREVER, until you become an Immortal or a Mortal. Depends on his actions in life (being Evil incurs more Tribulations), what Arts he takes, and if the Immortals really hate you for trying to live among them. I don't know if Refiners can face Tribulations, which would be funny as hell, but Golden Cores are a serious step towards becoming a god.

That lightning icon on the left means a Tribulation is coming for that character and that number can grow. It also gets stronger each time, so even the million+ Qi Demi-Immortals wouldn't laugh them off. A Clover icon shows up instead if Heaven sees good things in you and goes easy for a bit.

I think I may face a Tribulation when I hit Golden Core in the future, so I am preparing for it.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 3, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

sincx posted:

Is there a reasonable chance of keeping Hats alive?
If I know what I am doing and with a guide to lay out things perfectly, yes, 100%. Definitely need tribulation delaying though.

quote:

Also if Hats survives this tribulation, is he okay forever? Or will there be more tribulations later?
I think he is fine until he hit the next breakthrough? I do know Demi-Immortal get strikes like every three days because they are too OP to stays in the mortal world.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
What exactly did he do to get a tribulation? Abuse karuna too much?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

He made it to Golden Core. That was the quirk of making enough Breakthroughs in that particular Art. Other quirks from different Arts can be using resources like medicines to succeed, failing BTs causing serious wounds of some element, killing your stats and making you weaker, and other things.
When you look at an Art it generally tells you what to expect, besides the penalty of death, that is a given.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 3, 2020

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Well there's no general thread for this game so I'm forced to ask this question here. I'm gonna put it behind spoilers because it's something that's been mentioned but not seen in thread yet (tribulations):

So, I've gotten a tribulation for my normal human cultivator after breaching Golden Core. It was no big deal other than burning down my Big Gingko tree. A cloud built up above their head, then a qi meter appeared and gradually drained while raining lightning on the area. Meter emptied, tribulation went away, cultivator survived. Then I got to my top demonic cultivator's first regularly scheduled tribulation. This time, when the cloud hit 0 qi remaining, it just reset right back to full qi. Twice. He had 72k qi and a treasure and it still wasn't enough. What the gently caress am I supposed to do against infinite tribulations? What's the point of demonic cultivators if they only have a couple hundred days to hit literal godhood?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Zurai posted:

So, I've gotten a tribulation for my normal human cultivator after breaching Golden Core. It was no big deal other than burning down my Big Gingko tree. A cloud built up above their head, then a qi meter appeared and gradually drained while raining lightning on the area. Meter emptied, tribulation went away, cultivator survived. Then I got to my top demonic cultivator's first regularly scheduled tribulation. This time, when the cloud hit 0 qi remaining, it just reset right back to full qi. Twice. He had 72k qi and a treasure and it still wasn't enough. What the gently caress am I supposed to do against infinite tribulations? What's the point of demonic cultivators if they only have a couple hundred days to hit literal godhood?
As mentioned , Demon Cultivator get hit by FIVE tribulation of each element, they have to take elixir that delay the strike. It's the price for being many times better than mortal in certain aspect. They are amazing workers and producer though due to their 4-5x speed and extremely high stat with some that break caps.

They could go to the map to stop their countdown, but once they are targeted like Hats, the game won't let them go out anymore.

Pharnakes posted:

What exactly did he do to get a tribulation? Abuse karuna too much?
The tribulation triggers on building up to a sub-stage in his golden core. It's fine if he don't get anymore exp before hitting that sub-stage, but I don't know about that and Karuna keep funding exp to it. :downs:

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Hey Nyaa, check the fridge's temperature, the demon bloods is probably heating your fridge up something awful.:haw: You can store demon bloods outside and they won't rot if you don't have anywhere better to put them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

That Guy Bob posted:

Hey Nyaa, check the fridge's temperature, the demon bloods is probably heating your fridge up something awful.:haw: You can store demon bloods outside and they won't rot if you don't have anywhere better to put them.
Thanks for the tip! The herbal fridge was -270 before I expanded it 4x size to -60. That's with the blood in it. :haw:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Your fridge was three degrees away from absolute zero. This game really has a bit of a problem with appropriate temperature ranges.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Absolute zero ain't nothing to a god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nyaa posted:

As mentioned , Demon Cultivator get hit by FIVE tribulation of each element, they have to take elixir that delay the strike.

That didn't work. I fed him a pill that was supposed to increase his lifespan by 490 and delay tribulation for 49 days. Lifespan went up, days to tribulation went unchanged.

I guess I'm going to have to re-start and refuse all demonic cultivators. It's not worth it to invest in a character that is unavoidably going to die. The worst part is that it's going to make restarting incredibly tedious because demonic cultivators are by far the most common result in the random list, so it's going to be even longer between finding suitable human candidates now.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 3, 2020