Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Zurai posted:

That didn't work. I fed him a pill that was supposed to increase his lifespan by 490 and delay tribulation for 49 days. Lifespan went up, days to tribulation went unchanged.
Sorry. :blush:

quote:

I guess I'm going to have to re-start and refuse all demonic cultivators. It's not worth it to invest in a character that is unavoidably going to die.
They are great workers and producers though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
So about lifespan: the impression I'm getting so far is that it's really more of a consumable resource than anything? The in-game time really doesn't pass fast enough for anyone to ever live 400+ years even if you play that long, so I'm guessing it's really more for the sake of burning it to increase things like max Qi and such.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Cardiovorax posted:

So about lifespan: the impression I'm getting so far is that it's really more of a consumable resource than anything? The in-game time really doesn't pass fast enough for anyone to ever live 400+ years even if you play that long, so I'm guessing it's really more for the sake of burning it to increase things like max Qi and such.
That's correct. In fact, there's one law that is specifically designed to burn it hard and fast.

I still don't know how to get those advance law, and I am fine with someone spoiling this to me at this point. Along with the whirlpool on the sea that requires certain stat to pass.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nyaa posted:

That's correct. In fact, there's one law that is specifically designed to burn it hard and fast.

I still don't know how to get those advance law, and I am fine with someone spoiling this to me at this point. Along with the whirlpool on the sea that requires certain stat to pass.

You can buy some of them from the other sects, supposedly, and in my latest game (the one I'm having to abandon because I'm all-in on demonic cultivators that are going to start dropping like flies), I found the pill-refining law in one of those ancient stone boxes you get by mining out your starting zone.

Dunno about the whirlpool.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Is the pill-refining law what it sounds like and basically the cultivation law for professional spirit junkies?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Is the pill-refining law what it sounds like and basically the cultivation law for professional spirit junkies?

Yes. It requires increasingly expensive pills to break through and has absolute poo poo-tons of abilities that give bonuses to refining pills.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I can't wait for the proper English translation to come so that I can found my Eight Million Pills Heavenly Stoners sect.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

It's a really, really good law. There's also a treasure-focused advanced law that's supposed to be insanely good, but I haven't figured out how to get it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cardiovorax posted:

Your fridge was three degrees away from absolute zero. This game really has a bit of a problem with appropriate temperature ranges.

Welcome to literally every cultivation novel ever. There are some very infamous authors who are terrible at math and numbers. You kind of just learn to chuckle at some of the ridiculous poo poo they come up with.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Cardiovorax posted:

Your fridge was three degrees away from absolute zero. This game really has a bit of a problem with appropriate temperature ranges.
I opened a save, it is exactly -273 C.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'm not really sure what happens to conventional matter if it ever reaches absolute zero, but I'm pretty sure it's not good. Enjoy your foods full of weird exotic quantum effects, everyone who got a pixel man so far.

With free freshly-fallen oxygen snow on top of every dish. Yum.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 3, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm not really sure what happens to conventional matter if it ever reaches absolute zero,
The Cult of Bèn offers the Freshest food in the world. :tipshat:

Even Pear Soup Curse will be paused in our storage!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Today, we will do something different. We will learn how to play the game. :hai:

The older version of the game only has premade party mode with text prompts to guide the players to do things. Naturally, I never finished it because a random-timed(?) map event never triggered for me to progress. :haw:

Ahh, the good old days of poverty house where I purposefully make terrible houses to get people to design their home. Too bad that is aborted after the Cyflan Incident. :coffee:

Thanks, game. 3x3 plot is not enough to survive winter. The tutorial also got stuck when I try it, but it might due to my mods.

Now to learn something useful for 100 updates ago!

Nevermind, the mods definitely broke the tutorial including the escape button. I rather not remove my mod in case it break something on our playthough. :(

Back to growth through trial and error it is. Today we will have a full sect structural report before the big transformation into our pyramid mega-project.

We are greeted with the good news of the day!

Coffee’s turn. :ssj:

A second Qi Station is being built to accommodate the rising breakthrough requests from our growing Inner.

Naturally, the deluxe room are reserved for Senior (Coffee) and above members only.

We merged our -273 Celsius Absolute Zero herbal room with our food storage in a joint-expansion project. This room is now around -60 Celsius that can handle summer. Three pedestal was added to make the room colder if needed.

Mr. Tree keep blocking the door, so he is evacuated for sunlight. Mr. Fox is living in luxury of doing nothing. A lifestyle that Hats wished for his retirement.

He is currently tasked with the tedious task to copying laws into our library diner. Everyone would be able to learn any skill in the whole law if they met the requirement.

We currently have an uninvited guest that will inevitably give our sect some rep that makes our life harder. This one doesn’t seem to be mind breaking anytime soon. :bahgawd:

Our crappy storage room for non-perishable is still waiting to be offloaded to the merchant.

Our main crafting facility will be moved to its own layer of the pyramid. Those greenhouses that will expands into Rabbit Land.

Arcanuse home wasn’t built correctly. Too much wood water element and not enough water wood element to push the bed into best auspicious level. It might be easier to convert it into a wood house with fire bed at this rate.

The Maze of Penitent has been temporally converted as the training center Shaolin Temple style. All these wooden training dummy and water plants turns the Feng Shui into Very Auspicious room. It’s also Coffee’s room because he is the hardcore combat instructor! :madmax:

I am thinking of incorporating our new Ancestor hall on top of the Maze of Penitent so the devote worshipers will have to run circles in their pilgrimage to reach the altar. What do you think?

Don’t worry, the north is well protected by ANOTHER WALL. Maybe we will fill it with fire bar to boil anyone who dare to spawn jump over. :haw:

Our defense system with 5+ treasure installed near our Inner quarter to protect our Ancestor and precious talent.

Our Great Pear Wall Forest is surprisingly, almost done thanks to our demon Outer running across the map in 3-5 seconds. :intv:

Without axe. There's not enough tree to worth the time. :effort:

Triple large sect gates to welcome our visitor. Two of which are stolen design from other sects.

It was built way off to the right side, so we will build more leftward into six gates later.

Outer housing that will be moved to the southern slum eventually.

Regretfully, we are running low on stone as this is the last piece of mountain we have left. The slum might have to be made with wood.

On the bright side, the Outer district will look great with our grid line slum-like streetlight that are made with wood too! It will be like nighttime in Spirited Away. :allears:

Our Inner quarter will stay at the northeast. Their houses are hard to build and resource intensive. We have to save resources via cycle-element-sharing through the wall.

Hats’ home, however, will be demolished once it become vacant.

Our awakening Female Cow is still thinking on the first stage.

The Female Snake, however, will reach its third stage soon and ready to become a demon cultivator if it chose to forgo further benefits.

Everyone is progressing smoothly.

Well, almost everyone. :blush:

Night time are gorgeous with these streetlights. :allears:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 3, 2020

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ANOTHER WALL got me laughing really hard and I can't even tell why.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

By the way, if anyone wants to start a game of this and wants a good seed for the starting area, use "Valhalla" (without the quotes) as the seed and set it to the largest size. You'll start with a huge patch of spirit soil within sight, there's a large lake just north of you, and there are enough fire copper and cold crystal deposits for all your early-to-midgame needs as long as you're not too extravagant with them.

Also, I think I've linked it before, but (spoiler warning!) this guide is outdated at this point but will still direct you through everything you need to know for standard human cultivation. It doesn't have anything on friendly spirit beasts, demonic cultivation, or physical cultivation, unfortunately.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Hmm.... I have been thinking. Compared to other golden cores we've seen, mine isn't really all that great.
Perhaps it would be for the best to focus on teaching over progressing further at this time?
I think I can always take that one pill once we have one and try again in the distant future...
...after more successful students rise through the ranks with my teaching, of course :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Arcanuse posted:

Hmm.... I have been thinking. Compared to other golden cores we've seen, mine isn't really all that great.
No, you will be great. You just haven’t hit your peak stat until next substage, and I don’t want to waste your comprehension on Learning Karumi since you won’t want breakthrough for a long time after that.

quote:

Perhaps it would be for the best to focus on teaching over progressing further at this time?
Teaching is free. The only cost is you learning something so that they can learn it from you for a discount. :v:

quote:

I think I can always take that one pill once we have one and try again in the distant future...
No problem, you cultivates so fast that it’s viable for you to spam it as needed.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Have the new Mortals do long treks through the maze of the minotaur (if you can move her there) so they will show their devotion to our sect.

Before Arcanuse can new game+, I still want to learn from him.
Flower Bun knows Arcanuse has great powers waiting to be unlocked. He told me.

Can the Sect Master be a Mortal if he rushes to Inner inside a day?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Can the Sect Master be a Mortal if he rushes to Inner inside a day?
Not sure.

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012
That is a lot of planted trees. Hopefully no one will get tired of pear soup in the future.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Flamester posted:

That is a lot of planted trees. Hopefully no one will get tired of pear soup in the future.

We've got sliced pear, fried pear, pear gumbo, pear stew, pear porridge, dried pear, powdered pear, I can't believe it's not pear, pear scampi, pear fricassee...

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 23, 2021

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

I had a read of the guides linked on the discord for this, and yeah demon cultivators are immune to anything that increases tribulation delay.

However did I imagine it, or was your demon tribulation delayed by a few more days after a breakthrough?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's kind of hilarious that there are any drugs at all which make heaven less angry at you. I mean, what the hell might be in one of those pills to do that?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dirk the Average posted:

We've got sliced pear, fried pear, pear gumbo, pear stew, pear porridge, dried pear, powdered pear, I can't believe it's not pear, pear scampi, pear fricassee...
Pear, pear, pear, pear, pear, pear, pear, LOVELY PEAR!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

It's kind of hilarious that there are any drugs at all which make heaven less angry at you. I mean, what the hell might be in one of those pills to do that?

It's not that they make Heaven less angry, it's that they hide you from Heaven for a time.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That makes sense. It's much more boring than the idea that heaven just really approves of certain kinds of stoners for some reason, though.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I like that what heaven cares about and what people care about form a venn diagram.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I like that what heaven cares about and what people care about form a venn diagram.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It looks like the Sect Master turning Mortal will remove his title, but that is just a toggle. Making him an Inner gives you the option to make him the Master once again. Just a minor hassle.

Are we having a Mortal do Divinity Cultivation or is that for later? It looks like the perfect target to use Karuna on since their mood can hit several hundred.

Did we ever find someone who can comprehend that Taiyi secret item (was it an orb or chest?) that was just too advanced for us to figure out at the time, or was it gated by cultivation stage?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Scalding Coffee posted:

Pear, pear, pear, pear, pear, pear, pear, LOVELY PEAR!

But I don't want pear!

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.
I, too, purchased this game due to an intense (perhaps unhealthy) love of Xianxia novels and also Rimworld.

Only to then read about the new update semi-breaking the unofficial translation. My sorrow is boundless.

Loving the look of it, though, and super excited to see the final version.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Are we having a Mortal do Divinity Cultivation or is that for later? It looks like the perfect target to use Karuna on since their mood can hit several hundred.
Divinity Cultivation unlocks through upgrading the HQ at Most Fragrance, but the failed disaster relief tanked our worshiper count, so we can't upgrade it. The charity policy seem useless too. We are pretty screwed for getting it unless there's a better way. That's why I put Lynneth on Body Cultivation, which is a great choice. Her memory of expelled lover will fuels hers :ssj:

quote:

Did we ever find someone who can comprehend that Taiyi secret item (was it an orb or chest?) that was just too advanced for us to figure out at the time, or was it gated by cultivation stage?
Yeah, Radio Free Kobold as a Golden Core did it. It unlocks two building for item storage pocket dimension. One for input and one for output. They are very expensive to make, but we would need it and can afford it as pear overlord.

Bacchante posted:

Only to then read about the new update semi-breaking the unofficial translation. My sorrow is boundless.
It only seem to break the tutorial, not that it was translated anyway. Unless you got in closed beta. :saddowns:

I will unmod and run through the tutorial when a certain event shows up though. It's something unspoiled to me, but I heard enough bad enough rumors about it, and the Dev ended up making a specific tutorial for that which might cause sect wipe.

Edit: Actually, I will go in blind. It's part of the experience and probably entertaining to see us pissed off a dragon.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 5, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Day 112, tomorrow will be the time of change for our sect. All outer gets to sleep together in one big warmly tight barrack.

But we are out of regular stone for iron furniture combo.

We could go Metal to Water furniture or Wood to Fire furniture, but both option messes with the temperature.

So we will remove our sawmill for mining brown rock instead.

We are back to this problem again.

Or rather, your stomach that can’t hold on for a few seconds is the problem.

Since you are the problem.

You shall become…

The permanent solution.

Once again, we can afford interpersonal interests after solving world hunger.

Meat have arrived! Our ancestor seems to agree with our Dead Meat decision.

Four large boar. Wonderful! :chef:

Flower Bun, stop harassing Mcclay, she is on her final hurdle into the next realm!

There are boar eating our pear tree sapling!

Hope! No! Now is not to time to farm here!

Flower Bun saves the day. :shibe:

It will handle the butchering like a good dog.

I think this sect will have a couple of Golden Core at this rate. :)

It only took a few seconds for her to break a stage! That’s the upside of Wood Law. :agesilaus:

Which mean she can pay to win. :homebrew:

I am glad we made a second Qi Station. :sweatdrop:

Ugh, bear law. :tbear:

Right after I said we will get Golden Core…

:homebrew:

:ssj:

Now we are getting good news.

Time to send our Golden Core to snatch the treasure from other competitor!

Mcclay learned something from her failed breakthrough. :hai:

Jossar learned to break harder! :ssj:

No one left behind. It’s time for Slaan to rush, buff stat, and start over with a less lovely law.

This is a great boost, and Golden Core is a low requirement for this level of effect.

:eyepop: Coffee is ready for Golden Core.

But he will digest his essence first.

We purchase a pill to do that while he go out to hunt demon. :homebrew:

If I recall correctly, there’s five demon beasts in a ranch(?) here.

Cheers to the completion of our badass gates! We are ready to show the world that we are filthy rich! :synthy:

Our guest left satisfied after sitting in front of our ancestor for days. No doubt impressed by out gates.

Too bad Jossar is learning Slaan’s law. We will make him the all-out treasure combat master.

Why is he cultivating so quickly!? This is only 6 seconds! :eyepop:

Slaan only gets one point in the same amount of tim-

This is why.

Slaan will find the right law someday. Definitely not Metal or Fire.

At least she can breakthrough agai-

WTF is this!? :magical:

Slaan is cursed. :cripes:

She will live here for a while.

Stop! I can’t keep up! This update is turning into a disorganized mess! :supaburn:

All these is happening in one day! :derp:

We are running low on p2w fund due to the nine offal pill we purchased. :shepspends:

At least Flower Bun is happy to see Dead Meat bringing home variety of free meat that we don't need to purchase anymore.

Our Golden Core is ready to snatch another useless treasure!

The main point is to show off.

This seem to be a very bad idea.

Coffee will do better.

Starting with a demon bear.

He is prepared for this series of battle.

One down after 9 hours.

Next is the snake.

Also another 9 hours.

Uh oh!

We are done. Flower Bun only lost half its Qi, but we are done. :sweatdrop:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think the beasts are angry I keep killing their kin. Now the food is going full service.
A law that requires interacting with Mortals? What the hell? I would understand if Big Sister Slaan would cut her losses and go with a law that isn't degrading and power through that in a week.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 5, 2020

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Im amazed at how true-to-life every character in an LP is to me. In this one Im never not hungry, and in Rimworld the colonist named after me keeps cooking food then eating it immediately.

Jeez I know Im fat, world, stop laying it on so thick!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I tried the quick path, and it ended in death. I shall now try the slow path until it ends in my death or my Ascension. I shall power through, even if I must be Big Sister to mortals once more

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Im amazed at how true-to-life every character in an LP is to me. In this one Im never not hungry, and in Rimworld the colonist named after me keeps cooking food then eating it immediately.
It might have something to do with your name. :rimshot:

Your loop will be done once our land become Pearadise. :rimshot:

Going out also stall your tribulation clock.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

sincx posted:

I don't need the translation mod. Are there any other must-have mods?
Mostly utility type like static room temperature. Play it without mod first and find things you would need later.

Try out the tutorial too. It guide you click by click, and you can double tap escape button to get out if it stuck. Well, except mine.