Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hey OP its all good i really like posting here and an ad here or there is harmless imho but the bottom ad would cover up the POST button which was problematic as i live to post.

also i almost bought a TV because a best buy ad had a pretty smokin' deal but with time ive grown to avoid impulse buys. such is life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Chinatown posted:

hey OP its all good i really like posting here and an ad here or there is harmless imho but the bottom ad would cover up the POST button which was problematic as i live to post.

also i almost bought a TV because a best buy ad had a pretty smokin' deal but with time ive grown to avoid impulse buys. such is life.

Maybe don't "live to post", OP.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

post to live

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

serious norman posted:

Maybe don't "live to post", OP.

speak for yourself dweeb!!! :colbert:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Lucavi posted:

this poo poo sucks op
I know

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Chinatown posted:

Yeah that dumb ad was not supposed to show, because we're still coding it. When deployed, it should only show to unregistered users, and there will be enough blank vertical separation space between the ad and the bottom navigation.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

I doubt it is any one feature so much as any time a feature is asked for, the response is that its an impossibility because of the code. So we’d like a forum that can be easily customized without having to download browser extensions or 3rd party apps.
Well if somebody could please collect all these features together, we can look at them and see if they're ultimately useful and feasible.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I'd like:
In forum alerts when a PM is received
The ability to purchase a custom Platinum icon
Reopen a certain pink forum

Edit: Also, didn't Lowtax open a thread like a year ago asking about what goons wanted? It was several pages long.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Just open Fee-Yad and have it more moderated. Also unban chipe.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Where can I post Goatse?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Peachfart posted:

I'd like:
In forum alerts when a PM is received
The ability to purchase a custom Platinum icon
Reopen a certain pink forum

Edit: Also, didn't Lowtax open a thread like a year ago asking about what goons wanted? It was several pages long.

If I recall, it did not end up well. Like most of my threads.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnusoYAgI80

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

This is the only forum I go to so I'm blissfully unaware of what I'm missing out on.
Background MIDI music would be nice I guess, and some of those newfangled spinning animations that they can do on the webpages now.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I don't have any feature requests, but the ongoing communication re: outages, issues, maintenance, and new features is appreciated.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

serious norman posted:

Where can I post Goatse?

This is THE thread to do it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Is this going to become fully integrated in your new Web 3.0 Forums experience because holy macaroni I feel totally immersed already.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
open fyad bitch

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The ads are back for unregistered users, log out and check them out!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Feedback from mobile users and people with various browsers will help. Goal is for them not to make the site unreadable.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

I doubt it is any one feature so much as any time a feature is asked for, the response is that its an impossibility because of the code. So we’d like a forum that can be easily customized without having to download browser extensions or 3rd party apps.
Ask away, do your worst, I walk unafraid through the fire. I have fixed a whole bunch of longstanding things already!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Feedback from mobile users and people with various browsers will help. Goal is for them not to make the site unreadable.

a lofty goal

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Open the Jira

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Burt Sexual posted:

Open the Jira

There is no way SA has a Jira

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

MORE.

BUTT.

ADS.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Woof Blitzer posted:

There is no way SA has a Jira
I spend 15 minutes crying each morning and call it a scrum.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lucavi posted:

open fyad bitch

:qq:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Thats no way to treat a lady :nono:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Lowtax posted:

Not to get off topic here, but what features do you want or need that we currently lack here? The ad manager thing is a completely separate coded entity, and I just hosed it up probably. Honestly asking: compared to other forums, what essential features are ours missing?

Notifications when you're quoted would be neat, but I think you said it would break the forums.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Lowtax posted:

Not to get off topic here, but what features do you want or need that we currently lack here? The ad manager thing is a completely separate coded entity, and I just hosed it up probably. Honestly asking: compared to other forums, what essential features are ours missing?

One specific feature discussed just this week: purchasing custom plat icons:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3915203

There is user demand but as you can see admins can only do it for free, denying you money.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I would enjoy a penis shaped plat icon

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VikingSkull posted:

I would enjoy a penis shaped plat icon

I wish you luck.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
make it so you can edit someone elses plat icon so the war over viking skulls avatar can extend to their plat icon lol

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Obsidianheart posted:

Thought you meant ads for bottoms and got really intrigued for a minute.

Does SA need more ads for butts? AdSense and our posters say: Yes

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Lucavi posted:

open fyad bitch

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Lowtax posted:

Honestly, none. I like this forum style more than any other. Of course, a lot of that might just be because I spend more time here than anywhere else, but personally, I like this layout the best. Simple, orderly, concise. I can scroll, I don't have to click a million times to see replies, there's no branching within the threads.

(Jesus Christ, but Reddit makes my eyes loving bleed. How the hell can anyone stand their ridiculous comment layout?)

The only thing I worry about is security, since ancient code+extensive modifications increases risk surface, but I haven't seen Debt around lately, so I guess we're good.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

evilmiera posted:

Does SA need more ads for butts? AdSense and our posters say: Yes

I know what I likes, but would like to be kept abreast of any new developments or trends.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Hello old friend

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

Hello old friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
goatman

goatman never changes