Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
This weekend I went to Gumbuya World. Gumbuya World is a theme park fifty minutes drive from Melbourne. It's got a sort of retro vibe and elements to it because it opened in 1978.

It's a bit of a weird mix of a water park, an Australian animal zoo, and a carnival with rides and street games.

Wikipedia describes it is as:

quote:

The park contains various rides and attractions ranging from water slides to roller coasters and wildlife exhibits. Its two major waterslides are the Boomerango and the Taipan. The park also features a lazy river ride, giant water playground, wave simulator, fun-for-all roller coaster, tree swing, train ride, dodgem cars, and a berry twirl ride for young children. There is also an exhibit featuring dingoes, lizards, crocodiles, koalas, avaries and wallabies which incorporates a petting zoo.

ITT I'll post pictures from Gumbuya World, mostly focussing on some of the cool animals :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

did you ride the boomerango? that's a really good word

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Stoner Sloth

just beware of the boomer ranga OP, they'll use their ginger locks to distract you from their talk of how young people should pull themselves up by their boot straps!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

this sounds like a dream vacation. i love weird rear end tourist traps. the mermaid show at weeki wachee springs in florida was one of the most purely joyful experiences in my life.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

this sounds like a dream vacation. i love weird rear end tourist traps. the mermaid show at weeki wachee springs in florida was one of the most purely joyful experiences in my life.

Do you remember Mermaid Shelly?

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/mermaid-shelly/1/

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Chewbecca

Let's go!

Here's a poorly framed shot of one of the 'roller coasters'. It's small and rattly and only goes around three times. It's more like a carnival ride than a proper coaster but hey

Chewbecca

Here is a weird statue they have when you first enter the park. There is a weird mix of abandoned tractors and old race cars mixed with shiny new waterslides so it's all a bit hodge podge. I dig retro poo poo though :hmmyes:

Heather Papps

hello friend

love the croc rider.

there is something about the mix of age patina and overgrowth and the embedded positivity of theme parts that i love.

Chewbecca

You can buy food for $3 a bag and then feed big fellas like this guy. As a kid in Australia you both love to feed and hang with these guys, while knowing they can gently caress you up at a moment's notice.

Chewbecca

You can feed these guys too, but you know by the fact they're behind a fence that they can and will gently caress you up if given the opportunity.

You have to keep your palm super flat when feeding them. They peck at your palm quite aggressively and there's always the feeling they could take your finger off if they felt so inclined.

Chewbecca

This guy is a galah and he owns. You can't feed them cos the sign said not too, but if you're lucky he will poo poo right on your head!

Bonus thongs in the picture cos :australia:

Chewbecca

This guy wasn't showing off his beautiful tail, but you get the gist.

They had a white peacock too, but it was hard to get a picture of cos it was chilling under a building

Chewbecca

This guy was awake (rare for koalas) and even looked like he was smiling. He owns and deserves every success in the future

biosterous

galahs own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMF8s1jRDII

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Chewbecca

Stoner Sloth

noisy birb friends!

big fan of galahs - am lucky enough to have them as well as sulfur crested and yellow tailed black cockatoos around here in large numbers. also get some corella and cockatiels too! all quite loud but great to see

awesome pics Chewbecca, thanks for posting them!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Chewbecca

Stoner Sloth posted:

noisy birb friends!

big fan of galahs - am lucky enough to have them as well as sulfur crested and yellow tailed black cockatoos around here in large numbers. also get some corella and cockatiels too! all quite loud but great to see

awesome pics Chewbecca, thanks for posting them!

Thanks friend!

Gumbuya World had a bunch of albino wallabies, you can hand feed them and pet them, and they are just cool chill guys all around

Chewbecca

Look at our boi chillin' like a villain

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Chewbecca posted:

This guy was awake (rare for koalas) and even looked like he was smiling. He owns and deserves every success in the future

That's just Thom Yorke.

Heather Papps

hello friend

albino animals don't do well in the wild so it warms my heart to see them in rescue style situations. there is a place in florida called gatorworld that has a huge albino gator, and i think that may be the one animal that suffers no ill affect from being super visible and kinda blind.
also, one of the gators there was a rescue and i read the sign and it was because he at like 15 dogs from a neighborhood and they really wanted to kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Heather Papps posted:

albino animals don't do well in the wild so it warms my heart to see them in rescue style situations. there is a place in florida called gatorworld that has a huge albino gator, and i think that may be the one animal that suffers no ill affect from being super visible and kinda blind.
also, one of the gators there was a rescue and i read the sign and it was because he at like 15 dogs from a neighborhood and they really wanted to kill him.

Wanna see those gators

This was another surprisingly active koala. Koalas rule and anyone who says otherwise is gonna have to take it up with *me*