Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Derrick's been doing that Las Vegas show, so there's that. Although judging by the S12 challenge...

At least it means she's working closely with other RuGirls and their influence may rub off on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
The world needs more Tammie Brown

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fritz the Horse posted:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Fritz the Horse posted:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Fritz the Horse posted:

The world o Tammie Brown

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Fritz the Horse posted:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Come through, marketing tie-ins! Make that money, Shea!

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/goose-island-sashays-pride-month-drag-queen-beer/

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

big dyke energy posted:

I really want to like Cracker but it feels like a lot of her jokes are just yelling really loud.

Derrick idk about. I'm not super impressed by drag queens who just dress like a pop star and do that pop star's songs/dances, it doesn't really feel interesting or creative, and what I like about drag is the insane creativity. If Derrick can't do Britney for her talent show, what else is she gonna do?

This??

https://twitter.com/LeeDawsonPT/status/1261459792578482176?s=20

Now that I know that in character, that's supposed to be her first time in drag I think she's just really committed to the part.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
That makes a lot of sense, the performance probably works better in context. Not a brief mocking clip on twitter :v:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The show does actually look interesting, after looking up a highlight video. The challenge made it out like it was a cheesy story-driven thing, but it seems more like a variety show.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Happy #TeamJaida Day, everyone!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I'm in love with the BBC show Glow Up, that's a reality contest focused on make up. Is there another show like this out there? Closest I found was Skin Wars and Next American Model.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

There’s “instant influencer” on Youtube. It’s cute! Trixie Mattel is a guest judge.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

There was also American Beauty Star that was okay.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Chromatica is so good I'm mad I can't be dancing to this at the clubs. This would have been the soundtrack to pride.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A God drat Ghost posted:

Chromatica is so good I'm mad I can't be dancing to this at the clubs. This would have been the soundtrack to pride.

I'm pretty sure Chromatica II into 911 gave me a tiny orgasm.

Album's great. Even the two songs I don't vibe with are still very good. Everything else I want to listen to over and over again.

Goddamn shame there's no Pride in this, the year of Chromatica and Stay Tonight. There aren't even clubs open! Gaga must be devastated tbqh

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I survived no Eurovision, I can survive no Pride.

#TeamJaida

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What the hell Ru - can’t even get ready for the finale?? Wife thinks she’s masking a facelift haha doubt it - just lazy.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He usually does boy drag for the reunion anyway, but lol at not having Raven come over to put him in geish for the finale. Unless he's not actually isolating in LA and is on his ranch, in which case flying people out would be an issue.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OH MY loving GOD CRYSTAL LMAO

This video is historic. I’m in tears with how funny that was.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Not feeling GG :/

E: ouch Jaida.... this is basic.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Gigi is...underwhelming. All 1980s songs are official property of Tenderoni anyway but Gigi isn't even trying.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Gigi owned and Crystal was creative. Jaida was just solid. Gonna come down to Ru for who goes against Gigi

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

OH COME ON RU

e: DOLLY!

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 30, 2020

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Weak winner

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well... at least GG didn’t win! but woooow - wet fart ending. It’s over ok bye. :lol:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

#TeamJaida

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I think I'm feeling Drag Race fatigue. I wonder if they'll actually film new seasons this summer.

Happy for the Jaida win. I would have been fine with a Gigi win. I love Crystal, but I think I would have been bothered by her winning.

I can't believe Yvie only won last year. It seems like ages ago. But it's also probably because it's the only season I haven't watched more than one time.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This is the most satisfying win on Drag Race in years. Nothing feels more correct in this moment.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Vintersorg posted:

OH MY loving GOD CRYSTAL LMAO

This video is historic. I’m in tears with how funny that was.

:same:

Gigi's vid was very good even though I thought her performance was a bit flat.

Jaidas was good too though I spoiled it for myself by logging into twitter so I'll say it's my least favourite solo vid but I'm still glad she won

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 30, 2020

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I wanted to see Crystal’s piñata look pop open. Also her personal lip synch was amazing. Like I sat there the entire time going ‘holy gently caress this is amazing.’

It was like an early Sia music video (Clap Your Hands).

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Watching now but got spoiled thanks to insta loading the second pic instead of the first on a post in my feed.

When it's right, it's right. All three deserved it, but Jaida is literal perfection. Gigi has room to grow and learn to think on her feet and get a little messy, and lol I just want Crystal on All Stars to get more Crystal.

I feel #blessed by the pageant queen win, as well. Sure, Trinity. But Trinity had already stopped competing by then and was developing herself into more of a high concept fashion/comedy queen. Half a pageant quern with half a crown t b h

Anyway time to see how awkward these lip syncs are.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

nvm I just got to the Heidi PSA

go back and crown Heidi

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

can the all stars final lip sync also be face only and can jujubee get to the finale and win, pls

this is hilarious btw

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

It feels correct, both winner and MC. Final lip sync was a little dull, but there's not much you can do in this format. Everyone did great with their self-produced videos, but Crystals killed me.

This finale was really well done overall. Great looks from all the queens, laughs, and even made me tear up with the in memoriam. Kudos to all those hard working peeps putting it together.

https://twitter.com/CrystalMethyd/status/792077645500473344?s=19

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Crystal holy poo poo i'm in love

The right queen won :toot:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

LOL CRYSTAL'S VIDEO

got me feelin patriotic

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gigi's home video left me wanting lipsync wise but that set was everything.

Jaida has a wind machine. Legend.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm so nice I agreed to do this video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Crystal had the funniest and most unique concept, but definitely had an amateurish, "free video editor" quality (which admittedly adds to the charm). It also peaked midway with the, ahem, feeding moment.

Gigi had excellent set/costume design, but the lip sync itself was tame.

Jaida's was the most basic conceptually, but she was the only one to bring a high energy performance.

Everyone did great in a different way, so I agreed with letting everyone through.