Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/kittyxbanks/status/1261262245541150720

She's got her partner with her though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Edit: quote is not edit

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Holy gently caress that Crystal lipsync, the pinata look, I am amazed.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I would have been absolutely furious if crystals video didn't include regurgitation feeding so bless her

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also #bless Jaida. She was the only queen with a carpeted floor and carpet loving sucks to dance on.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I knew going into the final that Crystal wasn't going to win, then when all three went through my hopes were raised. The moment I saw Yvie I knew it wasn't going to happen though.
What the hell is up with Ru, has he forgotten how to do makeup or what? Three times he's worn a facekini and a really basic outfit on a green screen.

zedar
Dec 3, 2010

Your leader
I'm happy with Jaida winning, but I was really hoping Crystal would somehow pull it out. She just seems to take so much joy in her performance, and is genuinely weird in a way a lot of queens only claim to be (looking at Aiden Zhane here). At least this means we'll almost certainly get to see her in all stars some day.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ru hasn't had to do his own makeup since the early 90s. The last time we let that happen we got his Project Runway lewk.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Highlight was the tribute video

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

esperterra posted:

Ru hasn't had to do his own makeup since the early 90s. The last time we let that happen we got his Project Runway lewk.

I've heard speculation he's recovering from a lift, but that seems unlikely being that he knew he'd be on camera about this time combined with the recent moratorium on elective surgery. I'd guess he's out on the ranch and didn't have most of his drag stuff with him, probably combined with the fact that he hasn't done his own makeup in years. Easier to be read looking like yourself in a facekini than being read for looking like you failed at doing your makeup.

Anyway, overall pretty happy with the result. I was Team Gigi, as I just liked some of her drag a bit more, but there's nothing but positive things to say about Jaida. I like Crystal also but felt like she was probably a long shot.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Here's the Top 3 watching the finale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PTSqpHpIF4

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Also, never forget:

"Jackie Cox, I have a question. Did you find Vanjie attractive in the werkroom? Are you still dating the guy you was dating at the time when Vanjie came to visit you that one time, when she came in the werkroom to visit you? Were you all still together? You still together? I just want to know. For a friend, you know. You know."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wait... was not a drat thing live last night? :lol:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

Also, never forget:

"Jackie Cox, I have a question. Did you find Vanjie attractive in the werkroom? Are you still dating the guy you was dating at the time when Vanjie came to visit you that one time, when she came in the werkroom to visit you? Were you all still together? You still together? I just want to know. For a friend, you know. You know."

tbf Crystal has a boyfriend too but they keep pushing the Gigi storyline lmao

Vintersorg posted:

Wait... was not a drat thing live last night? :lol:

It never is and never has been.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Very pleased with the winner. I thought Jaida killed the finale, even if her first two lip-syncs weren't as high concept.

A satisfying end to a weird season. Very excited for AS5 and don't have drag race burnout. Yet.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The only good thing to come out of Miss Rona's Quarantina World Tour is the fact that they'd usually be done filming the next All Stars and starting on season 13 by now. We're getting a bit of a break whether WoW wants it or not.

Oh and my new yoga addiction I guess

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah knowing there isn't a straight pipeline into the next round of stuff (even though there are a few things this round) makes it a bit more Yay and less 'ugh I have to keep a Stan subscription even though they only have star trek movies now'

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'll be happy for the break eventually but I'm still annoyed that Month One of DRCAN is opposite the last month of All-Stars. We could have gone into September!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'll be happy for the break eventually but I'm still annoyed that Month One of DRCAN is opposite the last month of All-Stars. We could have gone into September!

When does UK premiere?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

When does UK premiere?

It was mid-filming when everything shut down.

e: Also :allears:

https://twitter.com/LynKream/status/1266893306421788672?s=19

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 31, 2020

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Never fail to underestimate the kindness and generosity of midwesterners. As a native Michigander who has lived in the south for over a decade, I will tell you that if a midwesterner gives you their heart, it's genuine.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I don't know how Crystal manages to be so freaky and bizarre yet pure and wholesome, but I'm here for it.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Crystal is the PeeWee Herman of drag.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

goodog posted:

no but closely drug-related at least

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

goodog posted:

:hmmyes:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I've been getting major Pickle Surprise vibes from Crystal for the back half of this season especially https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N733Ofj2cVQ

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

beepsandboops posted:

I've been getting major Pickle Surprise vibes from Crystal for the back half of this season especially https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N733Ofj2cVQ

saaaaaaaaaaaame and in the best way possible

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm working on the AS5 starter post, and I'll adjust the OP accordingly, but we will need a new title. I could come up with all sorts of jokey thread titles ("Attack of the Amazon Bodysuit", "Always a Jujubee, never a Raven", etc.) but I think we need to honor Jaida for a bit:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 5: The Essence of Victory

Thoughts?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 5: I like long walks on the beach, big dicks, and fried chicken.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 5: [incoherent Britney-ing]

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 5: Look Over There!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Pan Dulce posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 5: Look Over There!

That's it. That's the line. :allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pan Dulce posted:

yessss I'll change it when I get home

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Congratulations to Jaida Essence Hall, our new Queen. Long May She Reign.

That was an excellent season, much better than I had expected going into it. Now that it's over, I'm excited to get my Fridays back again and start-

We're going right into All-Stars 5, bitches!

If you thought this would be another season where the girls decided to play a safe game of Drag Survivor, think again. The "All-Star Rules" we became accustomed to over the last three seasons are gone. As for what takes it's place... tune into the first episode on Friday, June 5 at 8 pm Eastern on VH-1 to learn more!

Also, we're finally getting a judge that we've all been waiting for for years... JANE KRAKOWSKI. (Stop trying to make Ricky Martin into a bigger deal than Jane, SHOW.)

BRING BACK... OUR ALL-STARS

Alexis Mateo
Season 3 - 2nd Place
All-Stars 1 - 5th/6th Place

Blair St. Clair
Season 10 - 9th Place

Derrick Barry
Season 8 - 5th Place

Indiah Ferrah
Season 3 - 10th Place

Jujubee
Season 2 - 3rd Place
All-Stars 1 - 3rd/4th Place

Mariah Paris Balenciaga
Season 3 - 9th Place

Mayhem Miller
Season 10 - 10th Place

Miz Cracker
Season 10 - 5th Place

Ongina
Season 1 - 5th Place

Shea Couleé
Season 9 - 3rd/4th Place

Let's do this!

TEAM SHEA

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Shea/jujube/mayhem triple crowning and they all get 100 thousand litres of pristine naturally extracted gas

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I'm not gonna lie, I am unreasonably excited for Derrick. Morbidly curious to see if he's changed at all.
Generally a lot of the differences in a queen's ability from their main season to All Stars can be attributed to the boost in income, notoriety, and consistent booking that getting a spot lands you, but Derrick arguably had all 3 of those beforehand? I'm also really interested in mariah because she was kinda fuckin' boring in season 3. Same with India.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm also really interested in mariah because she was kinda fuckin' boring in season 3.

Someone must not have watched Untucked.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm also really interested in mariah because she was kinda fuckin' boring in season 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVtvbgwjcRw&t=4s

esperterra fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 1, 2020

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
Oops wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I am unreasonably excited for Derrick. Morbidly curious to see if he's changed at all.
Generally a lot of the differences in a queen's ability from their main season to All Stars can be attributed to the boost in income, notoriety, and consistent booking that getting a spot lands you, but Derrick arguably had all 3 of those beforehand? I'm also really interested in mariah because she was kinda fuckin' boring in season 3. Same with India.

I feel you on Derrick. Mariah is a really great queen, even if she didn't do so well her season. She comes from the ballroom scene in Atlanta (and still does balls at least recently if not now, I'm not sure), which is such a cool thing to have represented in the show, not to mention she is flawless in them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl-s4Ytia6g

Plus she was in the Juice music video. I really like Mariah.