Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Santino was such a waste as a judge, I wish I could have seen Latrice go off on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

some romper ruckery judging going on in DRCAN's first ep

how did the alexis michelle revealTM outfit win a design challenge and the two actual good dresses (anastasia and kiara) not even make top 3

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Priyanka's stint as a host on The Zone was after my time so I demand Sugar as a guest judge at some point.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Y'all are talking about the "diversity" on display in DRCAN, but halfway through the introductions I said to my wife, "Is it just going to be Ontario, Quebec, and Vancouver? Where are the Atlantics? Where are the Prairies? Where are the Territories?"

And that's exactly what we got. Seven from Ontario, two from Quebec, and one from Vancouver. (And wherever Lemon is from; Wikipedia says New York) Literally only one queen was from "not ON, QC, or Vancouver" and it's the craziest one, Jimbo, from Victoria.

How can we possibly not have a queen from Regina, where the rhymes-with jokes write themselves?!

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Personally I can’t believe how much Canadiana I’ve passively absorbed despite visiting there once when I was like four or five (living in Cleveland OH at the time) and spending the rest of my life in Russia or Texas. I even know what Muskoka is! Thanks, Total Drama!

So much streaming original content is Secretly Canadian in the States, it feels nice to see you all maple leaf it up.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Growing up in the metro Detroit area had the same effect - my TV bunny ears picked up all the Canadian channels from Windsor. I get most of the references, yay.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shneak posted:

Priyanka's stint as a host on The Zone was after my time so I demand Sugar as a guest judge at some point.

Same.

also Phil

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

esperterra posted:

Same.

also Phil

Wink Yahoo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

if someone doesn't get slimed at some point i'll be sad

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Shneak posted:

:drakeno: Ross Matthews

:drakeyes: Sugar

Golbez posted:

Y'all are talking about the "diversity" on display in DRCAN, but halfway through the introductions I said to my wife, "Is it just going to be Ontario, Quebec, and Vancouver? Where are the Atlantics? Where are the Prairies? Where are the Territories?"

And that's exactly what we got. Seven from Ontario, two from Quebec, and one from Vancouver. (And wherever Lemon is from; Wikipedia says New York) Literally only one queen was from "not ON, QC, or Vancouver" and it's the craziest one, Jimbo, from Victoria.

How can we possibly not have a queen from Regina, where the rhymes-with jokes write themselves?!

I mean, I was talking about diversity as in ethnic background like how we have our first Indian queen ever but I guess you can get mad about what cities they live in

blizzardvizard posted:

some romper ruckery judging going on in DRCAN's first ep

how did the alexis michelle revealTM outfit win a design challenge and the two actual good dresses (anastasia and kiara) not even make top 3

It won because of the whole package and details of the look. "literally covered in icicles in your parka before going into a club and removing your coat to reveal you're wearing the tiniest dress ever" is a well worn Canadian trope (Quebec especially)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eej posted:

I mean, I was talking about diversity as in ethnic background like how we have our first Indian queen ever but I guess you can get mad about what cities they live in

Trixie is Ojibwe to be fair. But she's also not connected to her culture very much, so we definitely are just now getting our first First Nations queen who is proud of her heritage and wants to show that.

Eej posted:

It won because of the whole package and details of the look. "literally covered in icicles in your parka before going into a club and removing your coat to reveal you're wearing the tiniest dress ever" is a well worn Canadian trope (Quebec especially)

huge coat + tiny outfit is a must for going to the club in Canada unless it's a. the summer or b. you live in Vancouver or Victoria

then when everyone gets drunk enough we get too lazy to put our coats back on and huddle in a tiny circle against the cold for our smokes, or all pile into a stranger's car

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Eej posted:

I can! Just like how RPDR has way, waaaay too many queens from New York and LA, that Rock'em Sakura being from San Francisco was legitimately a big deal.

And obviously this is a much less important version of diversity; it just stuck out. Other cities exist outside of the Golden Horseshoe, y'all.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I guess) cities like New York and Toronto are communities where a lot of the biggest and best work, just by sheer virtue of the population there. It's weirder in the States where you have far more people and cities, to have so many loving New York queens all the time, but as annoying as it is it still makes sense. Especially as the base level of quality and polish you need to have to even be cast goes up every year.

It makes even more sense in Canada where everything is incredibly far apart, we have barely any cities, and most of our urban population is back East.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

esperterra posted:

Trixie is Ojibwe to be fair. But she's also not connected to her culture very much, so we definitely are just now getting our first First Nations queen who is proud of her heritage and wants to show that.

Indiaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn, not Indian

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eej posted:

Indiaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn, not Indian

oh then facts lmao

I certainly did not have a kneejerk reaction due to being so used to people completely disregarding that we have an aboriginal winner just b/c Trixie is unfortunately not very tuned in with that side of her history, no sir not at all lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shneak posted:

I am even older so lets go to the legend PJ Fresh Phil.

Are they getting Monika Deol? Electric Circus was like the envy of all teenagers watching and hoping to one day get to the club to party.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

if Leah Miller doesn't appear as a guest judge we riot

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The safe queens may now return to the workroom to untuck and enjoy refreshments courtesy of Motts Clamato Caesar.

Vintersorg posted:

I am even older so lets go to the legend PJ Fresh Phil.

Are they getting Monika Deol? Electric Circus was like the envy of all teenagers watching and hoping to one day get to the club to party.

drat, are we all old eggs for growing up to PJ Fresh Phil and Snit?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

god i hate clamato

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

This may be of interest

https://twitter.com/themakingboxco/status/1280587765688807426?s=19

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
What's the easiest way to watch DR CA that isn't bannable to talk about?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gandlethorpe posted:

What's the easiest way to watch DR CA that isn't bannable to talk about?

Depending on where you live it may on a service you already have. If you're in the States you're hosed unless you sub to WOWPresents+ I believe and must get some filez

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Even in Canada, OutTV apparently collabed with Crave to fund DRCAN but it doesn't even have it for streaming so even though I'm paying one of the contributors to the show I still had to filez

Czolgosz
Sep 13, 2007
I'll be the Lee Harvey Oswald to your Jack Kennedy.

esperterra posted:

Depending on where you live it may on a service you already have. If you're in the States you're hosed unless you sub to WOWPresents+ I believe and must get some filez

For anyone who's heard bad juju about Wow Presents+, I subscribed last Thursday and the DRCA episode was up basically as the clock struck... Whatever hour it aired. 8? 9? Anyway, worked fine, fine $4 solution for US fans. I only wish AS / regular seasons were also there for me, too.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
How many episodes of drc have there been? Watched one on iplayer

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just the one.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah, it "airs" Thursday nights.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm pretty sure it actually does air on TV. Crave used to be The Movie Network/Movie Central, so it's still a cable network iirc even if their sub service seems to be what Bell focuses on now.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

All hail Jimbo.

https://twitter.com/LeeDawsonPT/status/1280871755414978562?s=09

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

esperterra posted:

Stacy Lane Matthews is Lumbee iirc, but same, I'm really interested in what Ilona has to say because I haven't seen much representation of the Two Spirit identity and that's really cool to learn about.

Jimbo is dope

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Jimbo is so Vancouver Island. It's full of talented weirdos.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
My name is Connie Chung

https://twitter.com/ongina/status/1280924256293892097

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

JUJU

https://twitter.com/jujuboston/status/1279229410172960769

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

this has been my desktop wallpaper for a week, i love it so much. Its incredible how perfect the cats expression is. I assumed that part was photoshopped but I dont care. (i doubt it)

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
it's generally bad form to get outshone in a pic but I think juju pulls it off gracefully

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Canada's Drag Race > Drag Race

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

house hippo runway when

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

'First of all, her outfit was horrific.'

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Queer in the headlights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Still loving Drag Race Canada but this acting challenge wasn’t particularly funny. They also need a writer so we have puns on the runway.

As for All-Stars 5, it’s the Shea/Juju show for me.

The next all stars really has to be an all-winners seasons. Then rested for a few years.