Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Ru's in at least one:

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1336724898765557760

e: I really need to go back and watch all the MTQs so I'm ready for the 1st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Ru's in at least one:

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1336724898765557760

e: I really need to go back and watch all the MTQs so I'm ready for the 1st.

I kind of chuckled at that commercial. It was clear that the girls were told the theme was pastels. And then Ru comes in with a deep shade of purple.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

curiousTerminal posted:

Gripe spoiled: "First transgender contestant since season 9's peppermint" So we're just gonna gloss over Eureka, The Vixen, Yuhua, and Gigi, huh? I am also genderfluid and the separation of nonbinary trans people from binary ones, where we're not labeled trans is really annoying, ESPECIALLY on a show with the transphobic history Drag Race has.

Anyway the interviews I saw from them makes me excited, there's a couple I've got my eye on especially but I'm not spotting any really obvious first-outs this time.
Gotta agree with this. I have to assume it's because of cisconceptions (:v:) around "in order to be trans you have to medically transition" (false) or that a subset of non-binary people not identifying as trans means that non-binary identities don't fall under the transgender umbrella (also false). I suppose a number of the nb queens didn't actually talk about it on the show or weren't out at the time, but that doesn't make them any less trans.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Here's hoping that Kandy Muse is a big loud girl that's actually funny. I'm cautiously optimistic based on her meet the queen bit.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Raere posted:

Here's hoping that Kandy Muse is a big loud girl that's actually funny. I'm cautiously optimistic based on her meet the queen bit.

I feel like the Meet the Queens videos never give you a good look at how the queens will fair on the show.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah my standout from 12's MTQ was Brita so...

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I'm a fan of Kandy Muse, but that's from going to her shows. I also thought Brita would go far on that premise.

Also really liked Gottmik and Utica Queen. I want to hang out with them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Nihonniboku posted:

I feel like the Meet the Queens videos never give you a good look at how the queens will fair on the show.

Counterpoint: Monique, Heidi, Vanjie

I guess it's accurate when it comes to fan favorite

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

Counterpoint: Monique, Heidi, Vanjie

I guess it's accurate when it comes to fan favorite

To be fair, I could just be defective.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
We’re rewatching season 7 and lmao I had completely blanked out that Moby shows up for 20 seconds in a mini challenge.
S7 is interesting because it’s so painful to watch, but the entire cast is amazing.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I will never forget that because it makes no loving sense at all. He's not even a judge!!!

Catching up on. DR:H and it's good and I like it. Fred is a joy to watch. When ru dies let him just host mainline drag race imo

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

czg posted:

We’re rewatching season 7 and lmao I had completely blanked out that Moby shows up for 20 seconds in a mini challenge.
S7 is interesting because it’s so painful to watch, but the entire cast is amazing.

There were far too many acting challenges for a group of queens where acting was not one of their strong points. Plus, as much as I love Ginger Minj today, she was part of that toxic older queens alliance that brought too much negativity to the season. And Ru was reaching to drag Kennedy's lifeless corpse to the finish line.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I will never forget that because it makes no loving sense at all. He's not even a judge!!!

Catching up on. DR:H and it's good and I like it. Fred is a joy to watch. When ru dies let him just host mainline drag race imo

In the wise words of Fred, "HEP HEP HEP!"

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

There were far too many acting challenges for a group of queens where acting was not one of their strong points. Plus, as much as I love Ginger Minj today, she was part of that toxic older queens alliance that brought too much negativity to the season. And Ru was reaching to drag Kennedy's lifeless corpse to the finish line.

In the wise words of Fred, "HEP HEP HEP!"

she was only like 29, so that made it extra absurd.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Miss Fame is only a year younger yet she was one of the 'young' queens lmao

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

czg posted:

"Well look who I ran into on the lot! Why it's Lisa Kudrow! Say hi, Lisa!"

"Hello."

And Lisa Kudrow was never seen again.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Can anything beat the awkwardness of having a visibly uncomfortable Pelosi on for a minute?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the escape goat posted:

she was only like 29, so that made it extra absurd.

I still can't believe Kennedy was only like 32 when they filmed that season. She acted like she was 50.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1338816079980707840

:woop: but two versions at practically the same time??? :psyduck:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1338816079980707840

:woop: but two versions at practically the same time??? :psyduck:

It's only a matter of time before we have a new episode of drag race airing at every hour of every day.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

It's only a matter of time before we have a new episode of drag race airing at every hour of every day.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Drag Race Season 13: ...a sensible 74 shows

I don't think it will be the new thread title, but I couldn't get it out of my head.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 15, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Drag Race Season 13: ...a sensible 78 shows

I don't think it will be the new thread title, but I couldn't get it out of my head.

74, you heathen!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

gandlethorpe posted:

74, you heathen!

You are right, my brain is mush, I've corrected it. I'll do a series of death drops as penance...

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You know they'll go directly into AS6, too. There will be no break from Drag Race.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Immediate turnaround on my opinion that drag race Holland is the best franchise after the runway and subsequent judging thereof after Snatch Game. I still have a lot of feelings about the way Chelsea Boys look was received. Like mama queen's look was amazing but didn't fit the (poo poo) brief at all so I get critiquing it but Chelseas fit the poo poo brief, and I got it immediately despite having zoned out of the earlier talking head where she explains it. Literally tilted irl by swamp german Snatch Game

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I'm still holding off on watching drag race Canada and Holland for a bit. I needed a break from the franchise. Been watching a lot of digital drag shows. I feel like I need an off season to enjoy it when it's on.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Season 13 looks like a slightly older on average season. Out of 13 queens, 5 are 30+ and the rest are 25+ except Gottmik, who's 23. Still a bunch who would've been in grade school when the show started though, lol.

Also, it's a crime that Gottmik's full look isn't visible in the group promo pic.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I’m so excited for the U.K. season. I’ve watched a few of the Meet the Queens videos and they’ve all been great so far.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Raere posted:

I thought Silky was charming in her Meet the Queen so I'm scared... but Kandy Muse is my favorite thus far and I hope I don't get burned again.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/deaddilf69/status/1342997589034217472

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

They'll just have to make a No Filler Queens season.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

quote:

All were treated with steroids and anti-histamines and all of their reactions resolved.

Some inflammation and swelling, not a big deal.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Act 1 of Season 13 is out. Link is here: https://youtu.be/GbrjXC07LWw

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

jimmydalad posted:

Act 1 of Season 13 is out. Link is here: https://youtu.be/GbrjXC07LWw

Oooooh... I'm looking forward to Friday!

Does anyone have the spelling for the "goodbye" saying they did on Holland? I'm working on the new OP.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm kind of low-key intrigued by Joey Jay, even though she screams "filler queen" (literally)

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

drat, that new workroom setup is huge.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Monet boutta sue Kandy's rear end

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Still working on the new thread, but never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkqGKfcqp4k

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I remember from back in when The Gay Pimpin' podcast was still a thing, there was a rotating cast of drag queens who were all Jonny McGovern adjacent who always talked about applying for the show that I've yet to see on it. Adam Joseph was a regular guest as well.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 30, 2020

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I can't not watch this when I see it, so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

A God drat Ghost posted:

I can't not watch this when I see it, so good.

The speed at which they hit that shablam I was like NEW THREAD!