Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Why is Kim Bauer the one who says "don't gently caress it up"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Wow, some of these queens in boy drag are very attractive. Definitely a higher ratio than most US seasons.

Edit: Oh, interesting. I thought Brooke was going to be the host. Weird the "guest" each episode is actually the guest host.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 3, 2020

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Edit: Oh, interesting. I thought Brooke was going to be the host. Weird the "guest" each episode is actually the guest host.

It’s an interesting decision, but Brooke doesn’t yet have the ability to make those lines sound natural. IMO they should have used Jeffrey more, he seemed the most comfortable.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Jeffrey definitely is the strongest of the three, they just needed to pull back on the zoom during his Main Challenge descriptions.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Watched DRCAN! Impressions:

- Kyne is the most unimpressive and loudest. Huge turnoff, hope she fixes it
- Love Starzy's speech mannerisms, gives me the ballroom swish that Vivacious had
- I really dig Jimbo's vibe!
- Rita Baga cloaking Juice Boxx with her outfit when she was struggling was wholesome af
- I would've chosen Kiara as a winner or at least top, because she reminds me of Naomi's Wizard of Oz scarecow look
- Everyone seems pretty okay, interested to see how this goes.
- I can't hear that Carly Rae Jepsen song without thinking about that Vine of the girl bopping to that song and pointing to her cat over and over again
- The closed captions all say "word" instead of "work" and boy howdy does that bother me

Wow, I missed Brooke Lynn! Also on WoW Presents Plus it's listed as having two seasons, so I'm not sure what that's about...

Pinwiz11 posted:

Jeffrey definitely is the strongest of the three, they just needed to pull back on the zoom during his Main Challenge descriptions.

Definitely, he's the best at delivering the lines.

Eej posted:

Red Green Couture and all non Canadians are confused why everyone's wearing plaid and duct tape

Personally waiting for a Trailer Park Boys challenge, seconding a Red Green challenge (make your outfit out of these 2x4s, some tape, a screwdriver and a 1992 Toyota Camry)

e: it's like a Canadian "Float Your Boat" challenge. Do it DRCAN you cowards

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 3, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I passed out earlier, so I'm watching now. H Y P E

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Jr. posted:

Watched DRCAN! Impressions:

I'm also liking this! It's refreshing in that it feels new and without the strict expectations of normal drag race. (Though we'll see next week how the challenge writing is.)
I think it's a tiny bit awkward that Brooklyn has just hopscotched straight into judge, she really doesn't know how to have a casual stage presence at this point. Also this very likely means she'll never return for All Stars which is a tragedy, she made for excellent TV. Overall the judging team feels a bit.... awkward. It's two handsome gays and two models. I'm legit curious why they were chosen. Was Ru too busy fracking off to do Canada?

So far I'm liking the breadth of queens but I'm a bit disappointed we don't have a hard Newfie accent in the mix eh! I don't imagine their area has a ton of drag queens but STILL

As much as I'm loving that they're doing Canadian History Moments next week I'm also a little bit SLOW DOWN you burned through like 12 hard Canadaisms last week, let's pretend we're going to have more than two seasons here! Most of those boxes could have been a challenge alone

A few notes on the judging:

- What on earth was potato dress doing in top 3, I am actually baffled
- As much as I think that the rainbow dress queen is neat, that dress was a solid safe when there was poo poo like the scarecrow outfit in the mix
- The gold jumpsuit was honestly pretty impressive, but putting all the balls at the bottom like that was an obvious and considerable problem. If she just shut her idiot mouth and accepted the criticism with a like "yeah I thought it looked good in the moment but obviously not so great in execution!" that would have flown so much better. I'm iffy on it, but there were a few uggo outfits in there that could have changed out for hers.

It was really nice to have a perfectly standard and solid first episode! And weird to be like I KNOW ALL OF THESE REFERENCES

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Like two minutes in and we already have Vancouver throwing shade at Toronto.

accurate

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

elisha cuthbert is a loving kween

tfw at least canada's drag race has a first episode awkward photoshoot mini challenge

OUR HOMO AND NATIVE LAND THO

i didn't realize i missed stacey mckenzie on my tv so much. cycle one of canada's next top model was lowkey iconic tbh

e: man much music video dances were the poo poo

esperterra fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 3, 2020

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

esperterra posted:

tfw at least canada's drag race has a first episode awkward photoshoot mini challenge

As someone who has been begging for these types of mini-challenges back (not really done since season 6, although S10's runway-with-hella-previous-queens mini challenge was so fun), I was squealing with delight at the mountain photoshoot!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I really dig how much attention the guest judge gets, since the three main judges are all our RuPaul.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Wait is this not on OutTV?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mia Kirshner as a guest judge when btw

e: it's a Crave original

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

esperterra posted:

Mia Kirshner as a guest judge when btw

e: it's a Crave original

Yay! I have crave! Thanks

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Omg Jeffrey Bower-Chapman is adorable!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

MAN OF GREEN GAY-BLES

I haven't read the posts because I'm still watching but that was the best dumbest pun.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I think I love every queen on Canada's Drag Race? I think I love every queen on Canada's Drag Race.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Great first episode but gently caress Kyne -- go home. It's the same ol producer poo poo wanting to keep some drama as the rest of the queens seem chill.

Poor Juicebox. :( Shouldn't have been you - but that outfit was pure poo poo.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Vintersorg posted:

Poor Juicebox. :( Shouldn't have been you - but that outfit was pure poo poo.

Maybe Juicebox can delete that outfit from our memory like all of Ru's social media posts...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pinwiz11 posted:

Maybe Juicebox can delete that outfit from our memory like all of Ru's social media posts...

I was like hmmmmm? But... WOW.

https://screenrant.com/rupauls-drag-race-deletes-twitter-wipes-out-instagram/

quote:

RuPaul's Drag Race host, judge and executive producer RuPaul Charles has deleted his Twitter account and wiped out his Instagram profile, following a three-month social media hiatus during which he was criticized for not using his platform to spread awareness of the Black Lives Matter movement. Judging from his drag persona, it may seem to some that RuPaul is an extrovert who uses a lot of social media. However, RuPaul is quite different from his drag character, often describing himself as an introvert who does not even have social media apps on his smartphone.

Something coming out.....

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I guess I'm here for RuPaul getting milkshake ducked but 2020 is really overdoing it. Save some for 2021 there Father Time.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
They really went out of their way to make sure everyone knew this was NOT Brook Lynn Hytes’ Drag Race.

I’m glad Lemon stayed. Her confessionals looked mighty teary-eyed, but she seems like she’s fun. Jimbo is probably going to stick around and annoy me for most of the season.

Trying to decide which Alanis Morissette song I want to see in a lip sync. Or Bare Naked Ladies?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Angry lipsync to You Oughta Know, thx in advance

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Good lord I haven't seen you in a while Zvahl, how's digs?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I know Ru has been getting hit hard on social media for allowing fracking on his ranch.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

angerbeet posted:

Good lord I haven't seen you in a while Zvahl, how's digs?

old fat and hairy and still prettier on irc, ghosts of days forever gone

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

SHEA'S SNATCH GAME CHOICE I'M DEAD

e: THIS IS WHAT I'VE WANTED FROM ALL STARS SINCE SEASON 2 I LOVE IT

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 4, 2020

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
That was some of the best Snatch Game that we've ever seen. Alexis, Juju, Shea, phenomenal. Alexis did better than her iconic pregnant lesbian Alicia Keys.

Also, Team India or Team Alexis?

I think it's probably a little of both. I'm usually not someone who buys into that adage of, "There's three sides to every story..." I think that far too often one party is lying, or misremembering, and that it's quite likely that the other party is telling the truth, and if you were to take a little bit of A, and a little bit of B, you come up with a falsehood. But I think that the adage applies here, and that they were both lying.

I think what probably happened was Alexis and Mayhem did broach the topic of voting out Shea because they saw her as competition. But I don't think it was some major conspiracy, they never actively tried to get the numbers. Maybe Alexis just thought that since she, Alexis, and India had that season 3 connection, and she floated the idea with her.

And I think that India knows that it wasn't some active campaign. I think that this was just India's last ditch effort to stay in the game, and she didn't mind throwing Alexis under the bus to do so. And I think that Alexis couldn't just admit to what happened because what India was saying was partially true. So the only thing she could do was accuse India of being a liar.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I believe India only because we've seen Alexis be strategic and manipulative for three seasons. I'd agree that India probably amped up the drama.

Great episode, overall. Loved Alexis, Juju, and Shea.

But also, just crown Shea already.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Master Wato drag this fast? Impressive, Canada.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Alexis seems more upset by India telling the others than India supposedly lying. I'm sure she tried to pull something strategic.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Watching now and India's J* voice is kind of uncanny ngl

can we just ban people from being Gaga and Beyonce

e: nvm it was only the hi how are ya lmfao

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
"Do you feel proud [of your performance]?" "Eh"

I connected with India so deeply at that moment, lol.

An actual memorable Ru look tonight, I could not believe it.

Blair is 5 for 5 on runways for me so far.

Edit: Oh snap, that midseason twist

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 4, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

jujubee and shea are loving killing me this is amazing

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm not even done Snatch Game and if they don't both win I'ma riot

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Someone's definitely lying, but I don't condemn anyone because this is the juiciest shade in a long rear end time.

Juju mind gaming herself, omg

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
What is going ooooonnnn

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Vanjieeeee! I'm actually looking forward to Untucked. And about time for this lip sync song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

That near-kiss between Ru and Jeffrey made me actively homophobic.

I'm not a Shea-stan but she deserves the world (or at the very least a week in France) for Snatch Game.

Once again, Juju's talking heads are my favorite thing ever.

Lastly, DRCAN is a loving cute good time. Jimbo for the crown, but I don't hate anyone ... yet.

Regarding the midseason twist, idk. I think it'd be more interesting if the queen who won could be booted by democracy. :devil:

edit: Watching Untucked, I wonder how big of a surprise the assassin really was, because ... that voice DO carry.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 4, 2020