Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I like the twist. The producers want another Naomi moment and are trying their damndest to get a frontrunner booted early.

life's not fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I thought India was full of poo poo until Juju's deliberation scene. She had a good point about her acting ability.

But probably the most generous explanation is that Alexhem did float the idea to India without being aggressive about it. Then India interpreted it as a conspiracy.

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

That near-kiss between Ru and Jeffrey made me actively homophobic.

Probably the most uncomfortable thing I've seen on the show.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Wait, Alexis made up the military boyfriend, lol. She's a shady ho, and I love it.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsXeHvQyus0

I just wish she were funny on the show...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Going off just the main episode, I feel like Alexis is being honest, and India is either playing a mind game or misunderstood something. Alexis was pretty clear that week about thinking Shea had some of the worst critiques of the bunch, and has been open about not wanting to eliminate Mariah or India. I don't think she was trying to get rid of a strong competitor personally.

If Alexis was trying to get rid of her best competition I honestly would expect her to just say it lmao

Either way I'm loving living for this drama and hope Untucked is as fun

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God it would be so iconic if Alexis has been playin the game that hard this whole time tho

god i love alexis

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Also that was one of the best Snatch Games and most dramatic episodes in recent history. With the rule changes too, this season finally got interesting. Would be fun to have some of the queens back though.

And lol that Titanic is following it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wish I had enough room to make the title 'You're a liar, and this is why Derrick don't like you.'

Maybe throw an 'eh' on it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i thought ru was just wearing another flashy dress that hadn't been light tested this week but whoever was doing lights on the runway stage should have been fuckin fired

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gandlethorpe posted:

I thought India was full of poo poo until Juju's deliberation scene. She had a good point about her acting ability.

Disagree, acting has nothing to do with a snatch game. Pathetic of India to attempt the fuckery. Why NOW? Why hadn't she told Shae before? We know why but if I was Shae, and I might be, I'd be asking her why she slept on that info for 3 weeks.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
After talking poo poo about Alexis last week she goes and turns in a great snatch game, dang. Still, Shea and Juju put out all time great performances, I only wish they could have both won.

I'm wondering if they're holding footage for the end of season rehash that establishes who's full of poo poo here.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

esperterra posted:

God it would be so iconic if Alexis has been playin the game that hard this whole time tho

god i love alexis

I would honestly love this more if Alexis was lying. Trying to take Shea out, successfully lying to the cast, and stirring up all this drama? I have to respect the hustle. The same with India, good for her for throwing a bitch under the bus instead of giving up.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why NOW? Why hadn't she told Shae before? We know why but if I was Shae, and I might be, I'd be asking her why she slept on that info for 3 weeks.

Those were the first words out of my mouth as we were watching the episode last night!

Very interesting that the only alleged co-conspirator (Mayhem) is conveniently not there to confirm or deny. Cracker and Blair claimed they weren't involved, but...

Also, unless I missed something in Untucked (haven't gotten to watch this week's yet): I think some folks are assuming that, by choosing India's lipstick, Shea is confirming that she believes Alexis over India. But I don't think that's necessarily true! After all, Shea doesn't know who is lying, but she DOES know for a fact that India has been in the bottom all those times, so I would think she would pick India even if this conspiracy hadn't been brought up. I'm thinking Shea has her eye on sending Alexis home next.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Vanjie looking cute. Anyone else thought her lip sync was kinda better? Anyway, I hope India and Alexis get compensation for preventing this season from being a full coma fest. They better be playing games because I'm kinda bored of Rupaul's best friend race.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

Also, unless I missed something in Untucked (haven't gotten to watch this week's yet): I think some folks are assuming that, by choosing India's lipstick, Shea is confirming that she believes Alexis over India. But I don't think that's necessarily true! After all, Shea doesn't know who is lying, but she DOES know for a fact that India has been in the bottom all those times, so I would think she would pick India even if this conspiracy hadn't been brought up. I'm thinking Shea has her eye on sending Alexis home next.

I feel the same way. She didn't know who was telling the truth and so defaulted to track record. Either way this drama better continue, lol

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Those were the first words out of my mouth as we were watching the episode last night!

Very interesting that the only alleged co-conspirator (Mayhem) is conveniently not there to confirm or deny. Cracker and Blair claimed they weren't involved, but...

I think you have a good point!! Alexis is definitely Shea's biggest competitor, but India has been barely skating by the last few eps and that snatch game was pretty....bad. I gotta say if I was in this competition I'd be kicking out the worst performing queens too, it seems like such a pain in the rear end to sit through other people's bad performances. ...but I feel like if Alexis doesn't win next week and Shea does (which might happen, it's a ball!!) she's toast.

Also Shea's looks this season have been loving phenomenal, truly some of my favorite runways I've seen. Crown her.

Roses are red....busses is yellow....i just realized, you are a fellow!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I think Vanje won

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Yeah I think Vanje won

Agreed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Big same. I think Shea didn't have enough time to weigh all the information and went with the easiest option on who to kick out. She's going to have her eye on Alexis from now on.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think they were equally good. Shea was selling you Madonna's music video and Vanjie was selling me entertaintment.

Vanjie is not a LSA tho imho. I mean ffs she was sent home by Kalorie on her season. A LSA is supposed to be someone who clawed their way to the top half of the season despite being in the bottom all the time, damnit! I'm pretty sure the show's criteria however is 'was in LA while we shot this'.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

esperterra posted:

Vanjie is not a LSA tho imho. I mean ffs she was sent home by Kalorie on her season. A LSA is supposed to be someone who clawed their way to the top half of the season despite being in the bottom all the time, damnit! I'm pretty sure the show's criteria however is 'was in LA while we shot this'.

Hence why my fav Kameron Michaels should be one of the LSA's.... :colbert: ...And probably won't be, because I can't have nice things.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hence why my fav Kameron Michaels should be one of the LSA's.... :colbert: ...And probably won't be, because I can't have nice things.

Kameron and Peppermint are two of the rare late seasons queens I would argue are LSAs.

There are definitely queens with amazing track records who have the lip sync quality of an LSA as well, like Trinity for instance, but I personally wouldn't categorize them as one myself.

It's a silly thing for me to be annoyed by at any rate tho lmao

Mostly I'm just salty we haven't gotten Dida Ritz or TKB because those are the kinds of queens I think of when I hear LSA. People who should have gone home early but kept winning lip syncs.

e: can't wait to see how Bob defends his daughter while tearing down another dope Blair runway in this week of The Pit Stop

Also my gay conspiracy theory mind keeps telling me that all of the Pit Stop guests being winners this year might be leading to finally announcing an All Winners season and my heart is gna break when I'm wrong

esperterra fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 4, 2020

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
If Bob talks poo poo about Blair's runway this week im gonna throw hands she looked amazing.

Actually I would say ALL of Blair's runways have been amazing so far. I know people weren't as into her 3-in-1 but I loved it, and I thought her camo look was really creative and looked great at her. Blair has come SUCH a long way from her original season it's pretty incredible. Her and Shea have been blowing me away this season.

Anyway here's the Pit Stop if you don't wanna go look for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2LMrSMohXs

Jinkx!! I forgot how much I love watching her.

E: BOB :mad:

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 5, 2020

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I think some folks are assuming that, by choosing India's lipstick, Shea is confirming that she believes Alexis over India. But I don't think that's necessarily true! After all, Shea doesn't know who is lying, but she DOES know for a fact that India has been in the bottom all those times, so I would think she would pick India even if this conspiracy hadn't been brought up.

Yeah I thought this too - even if she believe India there's no question that India should go home based on performance.

e: And I absolutely agree that Blair has stepped her game up to a huge extent. I don't think she's done well enough in the challenges to win the crown, but every one of her runways has been excellent.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 5, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think Blair has done well enough this season to be a lovely runner up in a less stacked All Stars. But she's up against the likes of Juju, Alexis and Shea so while I'd like to see her in the top 4 I imagine she'll probably be gone next week, unless someone cuts Alexis or Shea for a gag.

I think she's performed far better than Cracker but production clearly wants Cracker in the top.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Comedy queen Miz Cracker bombing two Snatch Games, lol

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

We finally watched episode one of Canada, and as someone whose exposure to Canadian television is pretty much just Letterkenny...I was completely lost.

I am still absolutely baffled at the lip sync outcome. Lemon by no means made an rear end of herself, she did Fine, but...the winner? Really?

Edit: I was already rooting for Scarlett Bobo because I love me a good circus queen...then my partner pointed out Scarlett's Majora's Mask tattoo and I am now officially a stan.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 5, 2020

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finally caught my breath and ... wow, that was an All Stars Episode for the AGES. Legendary performances, Ru acting high as gently caress, Drama to the nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnth degree.

I like seeing titans fall and more drama, was hoping Alexis was gone.

E: :lol: Just saw this on reddit:

74C is about 165F.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 5, 2020

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The saddest thing about AS5 as we're all hype at... Alexis and India having a little argument and Shea "calling them out", which is weak as poo poo compared to Naomi murdering Manila the second she got the chance, Ben's self-elim, Phi Phi vs Alyssa etc. Honestly I am hoping one of Juju or Shea gets suddenly axed because otherwise the season's going to end in the way literally anyone could have predicted.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

curiousTerminal posted:

The subtitles are still pretty...suspect. But this gem from season 7 untucked got me good.
Context: Violet's tuck is tight as gently caress and she's sweating in latex so she says something about juicy pussy

We have a new addition to the list! During UK, the BBC iPlayer subtitled "To the moon" as "Do the move! Do the mooooooove! They're gonna take me away!" I didn't get a screencap of that one, but Season 9 got one that I can't even begin to hear

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Not a subtitle error in the same way, but....Morgan's title card in her lip sync vs Cracker listed her as being from Season 3, not Season 2.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

For some reason I fully expected that episode to end with Ru singing, “I am Canadian~”

^burtle fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 5, 2020

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Yeah I think Vanje won

I completely disagree. This was more in the line of Kenya Michaels versus Latrice Royale singing Natural Woman. Vanjie didn't get the tone of the song at all. Vanjie was just leaping around the stage to a much faster song than what they were lip syncing to. While it was flashy, it was just wrong for the song. And her lip sync seemed off by a split second the entire time. Shea got it. Shea deserved that win.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

I completely disagree. This was more in the line of Kenya Michaels versus Latrice Royale singing Natural Woman. Vanjie didn't get the tone of the song at all. Vanjie was just leaping around the stage to a much faster song than what they were lip syncing to. While it was flashy, it was just wrong for the song. And her lip sync seemed off by a split second the entire time. Shea got it. Shea deserved that win.

I don't think Vanjie won by any stretch, but I definitely feel this week was more deserving of a double win than Morgan vs Cracker.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I mean let’s be real; Shea could have pulled a Charlie Hides and they still would have given her the win because there’s absolutely no way they wouldn’t have her be the one to send someone home after this week’s drama

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Aerox posted:

I mean let’s be real; Shea could have pulled a Charlie Hides and they still would have given her the win because there’s absolutely no way they wouldn’t have her be the one to send someone home after this week’s drama

Although if the group had picked Alexis and Vanijie had to send her home, that would have been salacious

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
India was a producer plant trying to make that moment but the girls didn't fall for it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Finally watched DRCan and god drat that was the best first episode of a season in a while. I do hope Kyne gets the boot soon though. She turned out an all right look but the attitude is just ugh.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
US: I think the top queen should be able to eliminate anyone from the beginning, it would make better tv, i think India was lying because we would've 100% seen that clip if they said it

CAN: Kyne shouldve been in the bottom but her frantically picking up the balls made me laugh, Jimbo to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Tired Moritz posted:

India was a producer plant trying to make that moment but the girls didn't fall for it.

tfw you're iconic

https://twitter.com/DerrickBarry/status/1279224900612288512