Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

It is becoming pretty clear that Jimbo was supposed to be the quirky one that surprises people. Instead she's an absolute beast that is just murdering the competition, but if they were really giving her props it would literally be impossible to believe any other queen could win by this point. This is All Stars 3 again, where Bendelacreme was such a clear frontrunner that only drag martyrdom could change destiny.

Also Hayden Christensen just because I always though he was cute and he would definitely fill the "wait, he's Canadian?" energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
I wasn't super thrilled by jimbo in the challenge. She mostly just bellowed its my special day.

Marathoned legendary over the weekend. Holy hell they are incredible dancers. Never have a watched a show where I have so consistently disagreed with a judge. Law just consistently had bad takes.

It bugged me that Jameella never pronounced Lanvin correctly. I cringed every time she said "Lan van"

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Gelf posted:

If the only requirement is to be a relatively well known Canadian then who else would you all like to see as a guest host? I would like to see Joshua Jackson, Carrie-Anne Moss or Kim Cattrall because they'd be great. I'd also like to see Pam Anderson or William Shatner for car crash television potential.

Nathan Fielder from Nathan For You.

Or Norm MacDonald to see what a trainwreck that would be.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

goodog posted:

Nathan Fielder from Nathan For You.

If he stayed in character this would be amazing.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

the escape goat posted:

Jared Keeso from “Letterkenny”

Not wildly famous, but gorgeous.

Same, but K. Trevor Wilson. :biglips: He is incredibly My Type when it comes to the menz.

Also, absolutely seconding/thirding Nathan Fielder.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

In other news, EFFY (popular gay independent wrestler) had Mrs. Kasha Davis cut a promo for him on his upcoming match vs Gangrel...

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1293033229155553280

I'm in awe and love and :allears:

(I wish the audio mix was better but I still live)

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

my partner and I have just passed the halfway point of Drag Race Thailand S2 and :piaa:

I was utterly gooped at Gimhuay’s disqualification. My jaw did not close until the episode ended. That’s got to be top 3 most shocking things to happen in drag race herstory. holy poo poo... piss

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

EFFY is an absolute gem, and his Big Gay Brunch events are something I eagerly look forward to whenever events are back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEsVktn0AM/?igshid=agodqzeoc0x6

Another wrestler I adore is Sonny Kiss; he works for AEW and occasionally has Jaguars cheerleaders do choreography with him for entrances. Those splits, my god.

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1283553534861082626?s=21

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The judging this season has been so erratic and shorty idk who I should pick to win/go home.

Rita/Jimbo to win, Ilona going home?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Happy Stacey McKenzie's Canada's Drag Race Day everyone!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Aaaaaaaaaaa the fighting :woop:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Jimbo CRACKED me up tonight. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I think that the judges were overly harsh on her runway outfit, and she right to call them out for it not being her aesthetic.

I enjoyed Bobo expecting the win, only to be bummed out by losing again. I don't think we've seen a queen more bitter about never winning a challenge since Thorgy. And Bobo is less likeable.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Jimbo has a surprisingly petulant side to her that we saw glimpses of in earlier episodes and had a big taste of in this one’s mini-untucked and it’s not cute. Good on her for calling out Jeffrey on his subjective and hyperbolic judging but holy poo poo, she went in on Rita’s hair

I’m disappointed at Priyanka being unable to deliver the funny in improv challenges because her personality is so bombastic but if it means we get to see her lipsync more I’m for it. She is a veritable assassin

Also I missed Allie X in my wishlist of canadian chanteuses. I apologize

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

omg it's snake

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RIP Jimbo's terrible runway. I think she woulda won over Lemon if not for that dress, though they both killed the challenge and Lemon's runway was a great direction to take. Those are my top two of the whole season at this point.

Priyanka better have a fire under her rear end now b/c oof it sucks to see her slippin'. Though I do love watching her lipsync.

Bobo looked amazing tonight good lord.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

On the one hand, haha, best revenge ever, getting the top position after being told by a lot of queens you should go home, so good on you Lemon! On the other, :drat: Bobo's never gonna get a win, is she?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bobo is such a mixed bag because her runways have often been my fave but she's usually just okay in challenges. She's been the definition of safe.

I'm going to miss Ilona but it was her time.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Does the theme song sound like "Rag rag rag race" to anyone else?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I wish we got a Degrassi improv challenge this season. Maybe next time.

Priyanka has to be one of the best lip sync queens on Drag Race. I live for every performance.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Between Adam Page's look of despair on AEW and Priyanka's look during the Rita/Jimbo fight I'm full up of amazing facial expressions for the week.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Jesus. I still love Jimbo but holy poo poo that was a bad look.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
All these talents are making me lose my poo poo, maybe I'm just really high but god they're so dumb and funny. I just loved how stupid this episode was, possibly one of the better recent improv challenges?

So, Rita, Jimbo and Lemon for top 3?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

big dyke energy posted:

Rita, Jimbo and Lemon for top 3?

I would be quite happy with this. I thought Lemon just absolutely slayed this week.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Between Adam Page's look of despair on AEW and Priyanka's look during the Rita/Jimbo fight I'm full up of amazing facial expressions for the week.

well poo poo, now I want Hangman as a judge on any of the drag race shows.

...he’d be allowed to have his whiskey on the judging panel, right?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Never forget

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jimbo was boring AF. One note as the rest of them. And does not like being told they aren’t amazing.

Grats to Lemon though - solid as hell! Bobo such a sour puss - I thought they’d rip that crap runway.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

as much as I should dislike the white nyc twink professional dancer queen being a front-runner on the inaugural season of canada’s drag race, I really gotta hand it to her. she talented

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I expected a boring look queen who can dance but goddamn Lemon is just so talented and endearing tbh, and her looks are in fact poo poo. Give her and Priyanka a low budget Canadian TV show thx

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Pinwiz11 posted:

Never forget

These eyes would make an exceptional forum smilie

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Chewbecca posted:

These eyes would make an exceptional forum smilie

Those eyes would make a better tag under the user name the way esperterra has for malaka.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nihonniboku posted:

I don't think we've seen a queen more bitter about never winning a challenge since Thorgy.

?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jan was supreme. The face that launched a thousand memes.

I need to get that shirt she was selling of it.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Vintersorg posted:

Jimbo was boring AF. One note as the rest of them. And does not like being told they aren’t amazing.

Grats to Lemon though - solid as hell! Bobo such a sour puss - I thought they’d rip that crap runway.

Are you saying you thought Bobo's runway was bad? What??

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Real glad Ilona is gone. Yeah yeah I know she's two-spirit or enby or trans but that don't mean I gotta like her on the show or excuse her weird racist/bullying stuff that got her blacklisted from Vancouver

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Eej posted:

Real glad Ilona is gone. Yeah yeah I know she's two-spirit or enby or trans but that don't mean I gotta like her on the show or excuse her weird racist/bullying stuff that got her blacklisted from Vancouver

I keep seeing mentions of this (the racism), but don't know any details. Got a source?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

she had every right to be plucked af; she outperformed everyone has losing a Michelle impersonation challenge to someone who didn’t even pad?!

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

esperterra posted:

Give her and Priyanka a low budget Canadian TV show thx
Would 100% watch this.

And dammit Priyanka is so hilarious in her talking heads, it sucks that she wasn't able to show that in the improv challenges.

Vintersorg posted:

I was gonna say, am I the only one who doesn't find Jimbo that funny? Guess not!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Read After Burning posted:

I keep seeing mentions of this (the racism), but don't know any details. Got a source?

I would like to know more as well, especially since I found Illona really endearing and enjoyable to watch. Yes, even all the drama.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

the escape goat posted:

she had every right to be plucked af; she outperformed everyone has losing a Michelle impersonation challenge to someone who didn’t even pad?!

i didn't say she was wrong, just that that particular bitterness was absolutely beautiful and a crown jewel of the season and forgetting it feels wrong~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

here’s a reddit thread I googled up

tl;dr poster in thread alleges Ilona’s poor attitude and bullying of other performers caused them to get blacklisted in vancouver.

re: racism- apparently 5ish years ago they posted a picture of themselves with braids, were accused of appropriation, then posted a self-defensive screed afterwards that included, among other hashtags, #lynchme

maybe the poster who brought this up in this thread can elaborate a bit more