Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I thought Gigi had a really fun take on the lip sync and her performance overall was really good! But it's hard to stack up to someone who's doing the full drag lipsync experience, stunts and reveals and everything. Widow is such a powerhouse performer, I'm really excited to see what else she can bring.

Anyway the first 12 minutes of the next episode are up, we get to see the rest of the queen's intros!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdIiYXfdXDk

We have so many strong queens this season I don't feel like I can pick a top 5 even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Poulpe posted:

Fashion Photo Ruview this week.
They do the entrance looks, and the runway looks. And not the Fashion Show looks. Bizarre.

I have a feeling they're saving those for after the second group of queens does their spring/fall runway. Last time they did the fashion show mini challenge I'm pretty sure the Ruview was split into a few episodes.

In the meantime if you want more Opinions, Yuhua has them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lw8CfrTDms

And there's also the Pit Stop after show, which I don't think I've ever checked out before but I watched this one bc Bob's hosting it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqCzcSZzs4

And Sasha looks loving amazing in it as well.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

The Berzerker posted:

I feel like Jan should have been top two instead of Sherry Pie idk. Every time Sherry is on screen I'm creeped out and it made the show less fun to watch

Yeah, I legitimately felt like Jan performed way better than Sherry. Ross is even like "Jan wants to win! Come on! Jan vs Jaida in the lip sync would have been amazing, Sherry gave such a lame performance it felt like she didn't want to win. I agree that I'm not enjoying the show as much whenever Sherry's on screen, especially since it seems like she's going to be SO prominent this season.

I can't believe the judges didn't like the fart joke. :mad: Joyless!! I think so far my top 4 has got to be Jaida/Jan/Rock/Gigi. I mean I just want to see as much of Rock as possible. She's loving hilarious and I really really love the runways she's pulling out already. That tulle? Incredible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9cqJUEJmYT/
as much of this as possible!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I get you with the Aiden stuff. She came in and everyone's like "oh she's spooky" and shes like oh I'm SO WEIRD but.....is she? I never got the spooky vibe from her makeup, I fully thought she was going for Liza Minelli Time Travels to Star in a Vaudeville Silent Movie. The I'm so KOOKY I have multiple personalities!! line she put in her verse just made me like :geno:.

But like maybe she'll actually pull off spooky weirdo stuff, I dunno yet. It's pretty early to tell.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Aw Rock :smith:

I knew she wasn't going to go far but I hoped we'd get to see a bit more!! I feel like cosplay queens generally don't do very well on drag race; wasn't Dax second out as well?

I wish Jaida had won the challenge, I liked her whole presentation a liiiittle more, but Gigi was great too so I can't complain. I can't believe Aiden wasn't in the bottom. I wish Crystal had gotten critique too, I kind of wanted to see what Michelle and them had to say about her new makeup!!

Leslie Jones was such a good guest judge. She should come back every season.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Riggamorris, girl.

I don't think this got linked, here's the Whatcha Packin' for Rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5_buvBKwk&t=321s

The bitch has some LOOKS, I'm really disappointed we won't get to see these on the main stage.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Widow was so good in Untucked lmao

If Aiden wears that wig on the main stage one more time without being read for it I'm gonna flip my poo poo. I don't get how other queens like Dusty or Max got called out on their signature styles right away but Aiden's worn the same wig five times and that's cool with the judges.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

gandlethorpe posted:

Rock M.'s cape look, excuse the meaty tuck and deviantart aesthetic

https://twitter.com/RockMSakura/status/1243795087785480193?s=19

GOD!!! the Rose of Versailles vibes!

Nihonniboku posted:

Because the outcomes of the challenges aren't purely based on how well you did in a challenge or on a runway. They are still producing a tv show, and keeping Aiden in provides them with a storyline.

Oh, I get that! I'm not saying she should go home solely for the wig, I just wish the judges would comment on it is all. Not complaining about the storyline/Untucked drama stuff.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I honestly thought that was gonna be a double sashay lmao. That magic trick saved Brita's rear end. I always think it's kind of disappointing when queens do broadway songs like they're actual broadway performers, like, you don't have to stand there and belt it out, you're not actually singing, you can dance and do something different.

I hope Gigi switches up silhouettes soon, I've been really enjoying her looks overall but things are starting to be a little too samey. They're still GOOD and amazingly well-executed, I just want more variety. I'd love to see her in a gown or something. Makeup is loving phenomenal though.

Snatch game is usually a pretty rough episode for me to watch, I can't stand watching people flub jokes and improv so badly, but overall I felt this one was pretty good! Gigi slayed, obviously, the physical comedy had me losing it. I hate to say it, but I did like Sherry's gimmick of scribbling answers illegibly then just saying they were a match. Tho questionable why she chose that gimmick.

caligulamprey posted:

I'm 100% on board the Gigi train even if she did come after Heidi (UNACCEPTABLE). How anyone can go after anything that wasn't Widow's runway look is beyond me.

lmao I loved the idea of Widow's look, but what the gently caress was that dress girl?? Period dress? What period!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

blizzardvizard posted:

Improv truly isn't this season's strong suit, though Jaida definitely did the best of the bunch.

I liked Jackie's lipsync! The start was a bit too cute for me but as the song goes she just keeps hitting the beats and it was great to watch.

I personally can't take Firework seriously so Jackie doing a kind of comedy campy lip sync was perfect for me. I haven't been totally on board with Jackie until that performance, now I want to see a lot more of her.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Derrick you already do a Vegas show what is up girl!!

Crystal's runway last night was crazy, I totally loved it. Except the shoes. Someone, please, buy Crystal new shoes.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

esperterra posted:

That beef was just as overly produced as the Alyssa/Coco pageant drama imho. I don't think either of them actually gave a gently caress, at least not at the point of filming.

Cracker for me was just really grating, idk. I had high hopes for her but kept waiting for her to actually be funny outside of the confessionals.

Also 'it's time for dinner' is dumb

I really want to like Cracker but it feels like a lot of her jokes are just yelling really loud.

Derrick idk about. I'm not super impressed by drag queens who just dress like a pop star and do that pop star's songs/dances, it doesn't really feel interesting or creative, and what I like about drag is the insane creativity. If Derrick can't do Britney for her talent show, what else is she gonna do?

This??

https://twitter.com/LeeDawsonPT/status/1261459792578482176?s=20

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 28, 2020

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
That makes a lot of sense, the performance probably works better in context. Not a brief mocking clip on twitter :v:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

gandlethorpe posted:

What's with all the erectile dysfunction commercials? Lol. Then the movie after was This Is 40. Do they assume only aging gays will watch this AS season?

Mariah, Mayhem, Juju....drat, maybe.

One episode of All Stars Untucked and the dang couch is already stained.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Dida Ritz gave a lip sync performance that is still in my top 5, in SEASON 4. I'm really hoping they'll bring her as an Assassin.

I think Cracker was top this week just because she surprised the judges, I think it's pretty easy to assume she'll just do something funny and not a whole dance routine. I was way more gagged by Juju and Blair being safe; i feel like one of them should have been top. I did NOT realize Blair had a voice like that, and I was so happy to see Juju sing beautifully when we all know she flubbed the singing challenge in S2 badly.

Also, I did not expect Derrick to be leaving. My assumption was that the rest of the queens had chosen Mayhem (Juju straight up showing the lipstick she picked, love it), and that India had chosen Derrick. I really thought the producers were gonna rig it to keep Derrick around more and fuel more drama.... but now I'm thinking eliminated queens are going to come back for sure.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Yeah I absolutely gagged over that front roll and slide. I think if India hadn't been up against Yvie she might have had a better chance.

Vintersorg posted:

Glad we dont have to put up with a season of watching Derrick Barry be Britney over and over and over and over and over and over again. ZZzz boring.

Also, Alexis hasn't lost any charm - she's so loving entertaining. BAM!

Derrick IS really entertaining and he DOES do Britney really well but also just... I was rolling my eyes really hard at her in Untucked (and deliberation scene) when she's going on about how she can't just do 'Derrick' without it being Britney... it feels like she doesn't really TRY hard to break out of Britney, like she doesn't really have the creativity to figure out what she can do outside of it? I don't know, I'm pretty stoned rn. I'm sure she does really good stuff outside of Britney!! Bob was even saying on the Pit Stop she's so good at impressions, how was she not able to make that come across in her performance?

gandlethorpe posted:

She does... something

https://twitter.com/bon_abhijeet/status/1220009796134371328

This is apparently from this year. What's she been doing since season 5? lol

Me lipsyncing to Chromatica in the mirror. Legit thought she hit her head after that uh... dead drop and thats why she was staying down. Lmao.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Kameron had such a strange run on the show. Did Production really not like her, what's the deal?

by the way I'm still in awe over how much Shea just completely destroyed that episode. Not that I ever expected her to do poorly, but goddamn.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

esperterra posted:

As an old person who has been watching since the show launched, I am partial to the gang tag being a classique season queen-- someone with a truly iconic legacy.

"get me my pocketbook I'm leaving" and its bob's arm holding a rainbow purse or something. Bam there.

First 15 minutes Episode 3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ythyx4_RTb4

this is the best goddamn season of All Stars ever.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Ugh,. I've been hoping to see Juice as a lipsync song, but what a let down.

The challenge was pretty so so but Mayhem and Blair had me laughing the whole time.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

gandlethorpe posted:

I think it's widely acknowledged as Shea's season to lose. She had the strongest run for a non-winner ever, and her loss was a shock for the ages (though not unfair).

Other strong contenders are Alexis (who made top 3 in arguably the hardest season) and Juju (who made top 3 twice on charisma and lip syncing ability alone). I don't really see anyone else winning the crown, but Blair might get a Naomi-style black horse run.

I think the consensus is it's going to be Shea or Alexis. I agree about Blair, I think she's been really discounted since her original run on the show wasn't really notable, but she's had a really strong performance every episode so far. Since Mariah's gone, I'm rooting for her.

....I really wanted Naomi to win All Stars guys :(

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I would really love a Drag Race/drag content/general homo stuff discord, it would be fun to be able to talk about non-DR queens as well...

please just don't make me use the reddit is all I'm saying.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Raccoonboy posted:

why are all of the challenges this season just all stars 4 again, and why are the producers picking the teams this time
crackers lip sync was awful as well and shouldnt have won

That lip sync was loving dire, I don't see why she won other than she was goofy? Rihanna I'm sorry the gays have done this to you.

I expected to see Blair in the bottom this week too, but it seemed as if they were splitting it up by teams? I'm glad she wasn't because I'm really pulling for her, but I'm also so sad to see Mayhem go, I had so much fun watching her this week even if her performance wasn't a stand out.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Cocks Cable posted:

Not really sure what the point of Cracker's little inquisition of Blair was, but it was just awkward and out of left field. Like, just shut up Cracker and keep all your insecurities to yourself. Now I'm starting to sour on her and I thought she was overall pretty weak this week. Didn't like her maxi challenge performance. Didn't like the runway look. Didn't care for her lip sync. I'm completely baffled as to how she won anything.

I'm really bad for remembering what's happened in last week's episode by the time I watch the current one.... was there anything from Blair in the previous episode or is Cracker just trying to play bullshit mind games every other ep?

I think she did fine in the challenge, but I would have preferred it if Juju won because I like her more. Also I thought Juju looked flawless during the challenge and she looked gorgeous on the runway. Cracker's outfit could have been okay except for the horrible tiny pointy boobs. They looked so bad it threw off the whole thing.

Also I really thought Shea had it this week. Her and Alexis' skit was the funniest to me.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Nothing wrong with naturally having tiny little biscuit titties, it's just they don't look good built onto an outfit.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm such a dork. I got excited about the premiere that I jumped and subscribed to Wow Presents Plus thinking that it was tonight.

What's actually good on here besides the obvious (Drag Race)?

Edit: Drag Race doesn't appear to actually be on there at all.

The Werq the World series is really good and worth a watch. That's about it. Wow Presents Plus is a pretty lovely service.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
What is going ooooonnnn

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Read After Burning posted:

Those were the first words out of my mouth as we were watching the episode last night!

Very interesting that the only alleged co-conspirator (Mayhem) is conveniently not there to confirm or deny. Cracker and Blair claimed they weren't involved, but...

Also, unless I missed something in Untucked (haven't gotten to watch this week's yet): I think some folks are assuming that, by choosing India's lipstick, Shea is confirming that she believes Alexis over India. But I don't think that's necessarily true! After all, Shea doesn't know who is lying, but she DOES know for a fact that India has been in the bottom all those times, so I would think she would pick India even if this conspiracy hadn't been brought up. I'm thinking Shea has her eye on sending Alexis home next.

I think you have a good point!! Alexis is definitely Shea's biggest competitor, but India has been barely skating by the last few eps and that snatch game was pretty....bad. I gotta say if I was in this competition I'd be kicking out the worst performing queens too, it seems like such a pain in the rear end to sit through other people's bad performances. ...but I feel like if Alexis doesn't win next week and Shea does (which might happen, it's a ball!!) she's toast.

Also Shea's looks this season have been loving phenomenal, truly some of my favorite runways I've seen. Crown her.

Roses are red....busses is yellow....i just realized, you are a fellow!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
If Bob talks poo poo about Blair's runway this week im gonna throw hands she looked amazing.

Actually I would say ALL of Blair's runways have been amazing so far. I know people weren't as into her 3-in-1 but I loved it, and I thought her camo look was really creative and looked great at her. Blair has come SUCH a long way from her original season it's pretty incredible. Her and Shea have been blowing me away this season.

Anyway here's the Pit Stop if you don't wanna go look for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2LMrSMohXs

Jinkx!! I forgot how much I love watching her.

E: BOB :mad:

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 5, 2020

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Eej posted:

Also how the gently caress did Cracker win lol

Seriously what the gently caress. Dumb rear end loving show.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Tired Moritz posted:

Ross sabotaged Juju by not understanding the very simple sleep paralysis joke
Miz did well because I'm tired of jokes that are just five hundred burns at people. And she moved and give expression which helped selled her jokes.

Got the worst runway though.

Yeah, I'm not sure why stand up automatically equals insulting the judges, it wasn't really entertaining and got old super fast, Cracker doing something DIFFERENT made her stand out and she was really the only correct winner. Definitely didn't enjoy the runway, though, if she's wearing something that has a skintone on the neck and her face doesn't match, that's poo poo. She could have done a full face paint!!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

A God drat Ghost posted:

Oof, yeah, I always have that complaint about her looks. Why are they so pasty? It can't be hard to find the right shade of tights for her skin tone.

My guess is that it's an issue with the tights reflecting the stage lights or something about the lighting turning them that weird yellow. Because otherwise I can't imagine she would continually wear such lovely, poorly matched tights. They're so bad.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I broke down and subbed to WoW+ for Canada's Drag Race and I have to say, loving worth it. Like everyone else has been saying, it's probably one of the best seasons in a long time. It's really refreshing, and I really love how they're doing the judging. A season only mildly haunted by the specters of Ru+Michelle and the other US judges...

I'm pulling for Priyanka and Tynomi so hard. I love a ballroom queen, and Tynomi has really been giving it in the lip syncs, I don't care if she lip syncs every episode, I want to see it.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Oh yeah, big love for Jimbo as well. I've never seen another queen commit SO HARD, all the time.

I think it was season 3 or season 4 they stopped with immunity.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I've been watching Legendary lately, and I would say the critiques on that show are about as harsh as the DRCAN judges, so it didn't really phase me. I can see why the judges are so harsh, they really want to push the queens away from their comfort zone and get the best performance possible out of them. I was really surprised how hard they went in on Jimbo and Team, though. I thought it was weird they went so hard on team Paper when I think team Metal had less effort put in. I think Priyanka had the best of her team, but Lemon's felt so..lazy and lacking personality.

I'm so bummed that Tynomi left- but Ilona having a full on break down and going on to win the lip sync? Amazing. I really thought she was going to give up. I alllmost expected the double shantay, but I can see why they don't want to do that season one.

Also? the idea of having team design challenges is cool. It was neat they not only had to present individual looks, but be part of a house. Team Plastic killed it so loving hard.

A God drat Ghost posted:

That's where I'm from too, it's fun seeing how much of these references I recognize and often never realized they were Canadian.

Big same.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Shneak posted:

The lack of heating in the building causing mass meltdowns was hilarious. Ilona’s crying over wearing garbage making all the queens crack up was strangely heartwarming.

I would kill to see an actual Untucked for this series, the glimpses we get have been soooo good. Everyone getting to the point where they just started laughing really made me lose it.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Whaat Shea's runway looked fantastic, y'all are nuts. I thought all the top 3 looked incredible for their runway, though, Cracker was seriously next level with that imperial russian princess outfit (and hey, no tights!). I absolutely did not give a poo poo about anything she did in the lip sync, I just kept wanting the camera back on Juju and Shea.

I've wanted to see Make Me Feel as a lip sync song for ages, and Juju and Shea did such a fantastic job with it. I do agree Juju could have won if she had kept up the energy, but Shea, drat.

Also, was this episode the first time waacking's been brought up on Drag Race? It woulda been cool to see a bit more but...oh well...

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Yeah they have filmed multiple crownings since season 4. They also film these reactions to the top 3 finding out the actual winner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDzEkSPxcsU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Agree big time, if they were ever going to do a double crowning, it should have been this season. I love both Trinity and Monet as winners, but I would have been happier if one or the other had won.

Actually, I wanted Naomi to win AS4 but whatever.

MizuZero posted:

also please give us Grimes / Tegan & Sara / Metric / Feist / Peaches lipsyncs on Canada

Better get some Celine in there...

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Yeah, the judges are NOT playing around. Like I do understand that you do need to critique, but it almost feels like they're expecting All-Star level poo poo when this is season one.

I do agree some of the looks are crunchy, but goddamn.

Anyway Illona really really killed that lip sync. Absolutely couldn't take my eyes off her and kept feeling annoyed when they cut to BOA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Trig Discipline posted:

It really, really was. I like Rita but Jimbo took this week and just absolutely ran away with it.

"Jimbo, you were hilarious in the challenge and you look like a perfect denim club kid god on the runway. Rita Baga, you were fine and your rear end is flat......condragulations Rita Baga"

like what?

I also cannot figure out how they are weighing runways this season. Last episode the runway didn't seem to matter much, if Priyanka was in danger after that phenomenal runway. (Otherwise it should have been BOA and Kiara in the btm 2), and this episode it only seemed to matter if the judges felt like it? Like if Priyanka or Lemon didn't win for the video because their looks were iffy, fine. But then Jimbo should have won the main challenge. Just ahhhh I can't figure out what they're loving doing! It must be an editing thing, there must be poo poo we're missing.

I liked Tom Green as a guest judge though. Just for "ah, I like her denim. Her's is also good. Hm, indeed that is denim." lmao