Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Dang that was a great episode. Widow had me gagging at how epic her dance moves were. Really used the splits for impact and not just for show because she could, you know what I mean?

Also, I love the name Heidi N Closet (although Heidi Nina Closet is better), I don't see why the judges are so uppity over it. Just kinda hope Heidi cleans up her makeup game for the next episode or else she's gonna be cut soon and I like her talking heads too much to lose her so suddenly.

Really, I like everyone from the first episode. How am I going to survive eliminations when all these queens are so likable and good?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

UGH, why did Sherry have to loving ruin my show? I can't see the episode without being majorly skeeved out by her. Only Rock M. perks me up. I love her.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

I have the sinking feeling the producers are gonna do Jan and Rock dirty, a la Shuga

I get that feeling too, Rock earlier than Jan. It's not fair since they're both very talented queens! What made them think "This year, hey, let's make it a Sherry year."?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Wow. This performance is inspired, timely, and just drag to a tee.

https://twitter.com/FloridaManly/st...sherry-pie-clip

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That lip sync was so drat boring though. I thought for sure Ru was gonna send 'em both home. It just proves they're both look queens who can't lip sync.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

How the gently caress was Aiden safe?! She should have lipsynced and gone home for those final two looks. Wow. What a joke.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

You know it was just producer shenanigans to get a strong queen to take out another strong queen that might rival their favorite later on. Aiden can barely walk in heels and doesn't practice drag in real life, probably, so I doubt she's good at lip syncing, especially that song.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Yeah, I don't argue that Rock shouldn't have been bottom two. Her ball outfit was bad and her padding was suspicious in the baller wife challenge too. I liked her first outfit, but the bottom was just a plain gold leo, which Michelle frowns upon.

I argue she should have been bottom two with Aiden, who had two awful outfits.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Read After Burning posted:

Not seeing a lot of praise for Jackie's third look, I thought it was GORGEOUS. Very "Meg from Hercules".

I loved it too, although I don't like the stretchy blue fabric she made the dress out of. It looked cheap, but that's a fault of production not buying nice fabrics for the queens to use.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

LMAO, drat, Untucked was fresh as hell! It was so good!! Production knows what they're doing; by keeping Aiden safe they piss off the rest of the girls. Hahaha, smug Brita can't take being in the bottom.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

blizzardvizard posted:

Each time they give Sherry Pie a win I die a little inside.

This. All of this. Ugh, I don't even get why when people with meatier parts did way better.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Anyone else watching Werq the World online right now? Gigi Goode was such a great act! Kameron is on right now and her PCD Buttons act is cool too!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Ugh, it's so gross [REDACTED] did the Madonna of acting. It hits too close to the situation.

Also, WTF with Jan being safe and not the winner? Rigga morris. It was rigga morris!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I loved Celebrity Drag Race. It was cute. Charity got money, we got entertained, everybody wins.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

How in the gently caress was Jackie in the bottom when Gigi snoozed her way thru another fuckin episode. Christ.

Easy. Ru wants her on top as one of the four contenders and knows she lost a lipsync to Widow earlier in the season. Has she gone up against Widow in this song, I'm sure she would have lost too. Ru doesn't risk her queens anymore after the Valentina fiasco...

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

I kinda want Heidi to not win so we can get her in All Stars, Monique style. She's got Miss C written all over her, though, so her bank account can be $5000.33 + whatever gift card they win nowadays. Either way, she's coming out of this a beloved fan favorite, and I could not be happier. When I first watched her MtQ, I fell in love immediately.

I'd agree except her makeup skills aren't up to par with other queens. That takes time to develop the craft and this next cycle of All Stars is too soon for it to get too better. She wouldn't be able to WIN and I want her to win something.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Weird they cut Shannel's involvement from the show... I'd think it'd add more fun to it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

esperterra posted:

I honestly just want an excuse to post this somewhere 'cause it's fab asf, but a couple days ago Chung Ha blessed the gays with this banger:
:words:

Plastique Tiara posted about it on his Instagram when the music video hit. I'm in love with the song and just want him to do it!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I mean, props to Jaida, her look was amazing, but Crystal was robbed. She took a huge risk creatively and it paid off in spades. Her drag daughter did the best in the lipsync too.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

THIS IS BULLSHIT! How the gently caress was Sherry Pie not in the bottom?!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That was an awesome episode of Celeb Drag Race! Although, personally, I would have given it to two out of the three, but that would have been awful so I'm glad it turned out this way.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

esperterra posted:

Rachel McAdam's Apple :discourse:

All those names sent me

His name was tip top. Kinda sad he's not a real, honest-to-God, drag queen erryday because that name is wasted on a one time thing.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Fritz the Horse posted:

Cripes, pay someone a few hundred to write some jokes for you. That's worth way more than whatever clothes you'd otherwise spend it on.

Honestly, it feels like that's what Gigi did, but it bit her in the rear end because everything sounded badly rehearsed and nervous, not off the cuff and natural.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Ugh. Production was GUNNING for Sherry to win. They kept her even though she should have been bottom with Jackie and lipsynced but in that dress she would have lost. Her lipsyncing was an unknown variable to Jackie Cox's proven success rate.

I hate the fact that we didn't get Jackie trying to get to Top Four because production's nasty over reaching hand.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 5: Look Over There!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Float like a butterfly, sting like a Jujubee!

I worry because of how bad she did in the reading challenge and the talent show that Ongina is not long for All Stars, which sucks cause she's so cute and entertaining!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Had she not gone for BRIGHT PINK skin, I think Blair may have been able to take Shea's spot at the top this week. I absolutely died laughing at her lines in the song and her outfit was cool, sans the color, which didn't fit the brief for some.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I for one am a fan of Cracker's and loved her acting and her dancing in the end. She deserved the tie. :colbert:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

:emptyquote:

Where the hell did the licking come from? Shoplifting the vases, sure. Licking?

Arianna Grande, when she licked the doughnuts ages ago.
https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/09/entertainment/ariana-grande-donut-licking-america/index.html

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

fadam posted:

What was the reaction to season 11 while it was airing? Idk htf Silky has made it this far lol

The thread hated Silky apart from a couple of stragglers who were fans. It was frustrating to watch her constantly be saved for stupid poo poo others would get reamed for.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZKMwjoD2yc

Well that was strangely satisfying...

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Okay, I know this is an older video, but we were talking about Silky earlier and this came up in my YouTube feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoRQzTSiy00

I knew her way of doing makeup was odd! The Sharpie was suspect for sure, but that foundation, drat!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I hope they stop the love affair with Boa soon. She's such a dumb, messy queen. I dislike that vehemently.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

My God, y'all are such haters! Cracker was legitimately funny and her runway was different than the rest and kooky, so it fit the brief. She deserved the win over Shea, who was really the only other competition with the great comedy set, but middling runway. Juju had the best runway, I think, but her challenge was off so that wasn't going to give her any prizes.

I like the top three and wouldn't mind any of them winning, personally. They were the strongest contenders from the start and I like that they fought their way to the top. I hate reality show moments like last season where Manila left or the season before that where Shangela got ix-nayed out. They're "moments" to be sure, but that's not why I watch. I watch for the competition portion of it, to see who's the best and when stuff like that happens it embitters me to the whole production.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

drat. For a hot second, I really thought it was gonna go to Juju; her lipsync start was so fierce! That makes me a little sad, I mean sure, Shea had a rough go of it losing the crown once, but Juju lost it twice and now THREE TIMES. Dang...

This was the season that deserved the double win, not AS4.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Re: Drag Race Canada

I liked Priyanka's and Lemon's looks, but I did agree with the judges that the looks weren't cohesive and that Lemon gave a weak runway walk. I also agreed that it was Tynomi's time to go. Technically, I thought she should have left last episode (Anastarzia would have killed this challenge), but producers probably wanted to suck the marrow out of the drama she could give in this episode if she predictably failed again.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 25, 2020

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Okay, I loved the lipsync and thought the right person went home, but goddamnit, why wasn't Boa in the bottom? Her Celine look was formless, her Snatch Game was bad, at least Priyanka had a good Celine. So not fair and it pitted the PoC's against one another.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 5 & Canada: The only thing you're loving... is Stupid

:perfect:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Just posting this in case y'all didn't know either. Wow. That makes so much sense for her difficult time accepting how the judges perceive her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Woah! Just saw this posted on a Facebook ad.

Gag! #DragRace seasons 1-10 and #AllStars seasons 1-3 are sashaying to CBS All Access!