Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Does Aiden Zhane know that ear gauge tunnels, glasses like those, and the name Aiden are all trans guy stereotypes? Cuz lol that she's also apparently trans-exclusionary re: drag race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Hol up, just to confirm, Aiden is a transphobe? Receipts? Ugh ugh ugh

The Berzerker posted:

I hadn't heard this but googled and found this article which has the screenshots you're probably looking for re: Aiden and also Dahlia
Yeah, this is what I was referring to. Certainly not as bad as it could be, but it was pretty disappointing to find out. :(

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

esperterra posted:

Or an iconic BAM! or Sickening, no?

I'M A loving DRAG QUEEN
or maybe I'M A FRACKING DRAG QUEEN :v:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Just one long scroll of

"After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session so he had gutted me and set me on fire. But you know I didn't die. I had crystallized. And now I'm a glamazon, bitch, ready for the runway."
lmao a marquee of this would be fantastic

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

GrandmaParty posted:

Vanjie had no chance at winning but she made such great TV. I wish vanjie would get a TV show where she does science experiments. Or reads to kids.
I would 100% watch either of these

Can someone summarize the Alexis stolen valor/pretend bf drama?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

esperterra posted:

Give her and Priyanka a low budget Canadian TV show thx
Would 100% watch this.

And dammit Priyanka is so hilarious in her talking heads, it sucks that she wasn't able to show that in the improv challenges.

Vintersorg posted:

Jimbo was boring AF. One note as the rest of them. And does not like being told they aren’t amazing.
I was gonna say, am I the only one who doesn't find Jimbo that funny? Guess not!

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

gently caress. :( I knew she was hospitalized but hoped her condition would improve...

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I dunno, I think that while Jimbo and sister looked fantastic and performed amazingly, you can't put your sister in 100% exactly the same outfit as you. There should be some difference between them, like everyone else's at least had a different color.

But I admit that I'm also kind of biased against Jimbo, because even though she's immensely talented and I wouldn't mind seeing her in the top 3 at all, I find her particular flavor of the sexy clown schtick off-putting in a creepy uncle way and I'm kinda bored of the one note bimbo act.

e: Also I'm gonna miss Lemon and I thought her lip sync wasn't bad, but it didn't quite knock the emotion of the song out of the park the way Rita's performance did at all for me. (Again with the bias, there, though, I went to uni in Montreal so I feel the need to root for the Quebecois(es).)

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 24, 2020

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Read After Burning posted:

Fair point to the Bella Thorne issue, I had definitely heard about that. I guess I'm just salty that someone would balk at a gig-based LGBT+ performer (probably hasn't had a major gig since the pandemic started) who is also a recovering addict (a class of people that have had a real rough time during the pandemic) trying to supplement their income with an OnlyFans.
IIRC Katya actually did do some sex work in the past, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

Gripe spoiled: "First transgender contestant since season 9's peppermint" So we're just gonna gloss over Eureka, The Vixen, Yuhua, and Gigi, huh? I am also genderfluid and the separation of nonbinary trans people from binary ones, where we're not labeled trans is really annoying, ESPECIALLY on a show with the transphobic history Drag Race has.

Anyway the interviews I saw from them makes me excited, there's a couple I've got my eye on especially but I'm not spotting any really obvious first-outs this time.
Gotta agree with this. I have to assume it's because of cisconceptions (:v:) around "in order to be trans you have to medically transition" (false) or that a subset of non-binary people not identifying as trans means that non-binary identities don't fall under the transgender umbrella (also false). I suppose a number of the nb queens didn't actually talk about it on the show or weren't out at the time, but that doesn't make them any less trans.