Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Gigi Goode's rap, the 'good morning campers' bit was so loving effortlessly cool and I loved it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

How was untucked? I haven't been able to get through it the last few years just due to I think bad chemistry (and maybe because the memory of season 2-6's vastly superior Untucked burn in my mind) but this seems like a friendly bunch?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Pan Dulce posted:

I get that feeling too, Rock earlier than Jan. It's not fair since they're both very talented queens! What made them think "This year, hey, let's make it a Sherry year."?

ABSOLUTELY not to say the two are similar in anything other than campy aesthetic, but maybe the response to Nina West's elimination last season? She was a fun campy queen and I think the narrative she went too soon was pretty universal?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'd really like to see Jiggly back. I've followed her career ever since S4 and she's remarkably polished these days, and just exudes confidence since her transition.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Please go back and watch breastworld - this was not as bad. It was bad, but not AS bad.
Garbage episode though, my hopes for the rest of this season are in the dumpster now

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

esperterra posted:

Phi Phi was top 3!

She wasn't really doing cosplay on her season though. She did that loving insane space look with the gun in AS2 though and that was exceptional.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I think the only Rusical (if this even counts?) that was really good was Glamazonian Airways, and that was only because it was before Lucian Piane had his meltdown. That said the two opening musical numbers were solid as was the UK Drag Race one so it might be good?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

resting mitch face posted:

I like Jan a lot but she was more a RPDR Turbo-Fan than she was a contestant.

Mmm sorry I have to disagree here, Jan was a lot but also bitch delivered solid performances throughout the entire show. She wasn't out of her element at all, she just wasn't what production wanted this time around. She reminds me of Shuga Cain in that everything she did was solid and well put together but she never quite got her own storyline going.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Goddamn this makeover episode was so loving good. Just start to finish a good time.

The makeovers have been a low point for years (even in seasons where the whole season kinda stunk) so I was nervous coming into this - especially as I kinda assumed the drag race superfans would be unbearable catchphrase machines, but it was really solid and they all seemed just super appreciative to be there. Cool ep, would've gone for a Crystal win over Jaida but Jaida's absoloutely my pick to win now so I'm fine with it.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Derrick has a really quick and clever India read on whatcha packin and is generally a cool interviewee

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Zvahl posted:

first of all i want to thank miss thorgy shore, this is the most exciting thing that she's ever happened to her

ginger minj I love you I will never ever disrespect what you have done for the community- she has worked with Jennifer Anniston

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Holy gently caress that Shae runway just crown the bitch right now

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hug in a Can posted:

Shea Coulee gave a powerful speech yesterday at Chicago’s Drag March For Change.

Pearl posted this video clip with the speech’s climax.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBcIvmnJzGT/?igshid=1wzdlkilgayoa
“Black people: I want you to look around you at everything here. We built this! And I shouldn’t have to stand here on a loudspeaker and ask you for loving permission to walk through the door!”

Although she’s not a drag queen, I want to share this earthquake of a speech about uplifting black trans women from Chicago’s Zola. (Shea co-signed it if you need a reason to at least watch 2 minutes.)
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBcKaJrgui4/?igshid=1s5ey6zzbuatv

Honestly can't think of someone better to spearhead a movement. Shea's command of the stage and the way she communicates is just incredible.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Eej posted:

Don't think Silky's weird racist poo poo towards Plastique counts as "shifty" edit

Remember when Michelle told Plastique to stop using that pesky Vietnamese accent and the editors left it in lol

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The saddest thing about AS5 as we're all hype at... Alexis and India having a little argument and Shea "calling them out", which is weak as poo poo compared to Naomi murdering Manila the second she got the chance, Ben's self-elim, Phi Phi vs Alyssa etc. Honestly I am hoping one of Juju or Shea gets suddenly axed because otherwise the season's going to end in the way literally anyone could have predicted.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Weird that all these overseas RPDRs make positive changes to the formula and yet the US series has done the same thing since... I guess they brought in the finale lipsync in 7?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I don't mind shady hoes like Gia (although her anti-covid bullshit was horrendous) but I cannot stand camera mugging and sucking the oxygen out of the room. Eureka and Silky are 100% the two worst for this and just seem like unbearable people to be around, but it IS reality TV so who knows how they really are. Bob TDQ could kinda be pointed at for this too but at least her constant stream of noise contained some pretty great performances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Eej posted:

Season 11 upset me a bit with all the random racism towards Plastique. Maybe it hits different cause I'm Asian myself but I'll never get the image of Silky yelling stop stop stop in Japanese at Plastique, a Vietnamese person from Vietnam, out of my head

Also Michelle scolding someone raised abroad for accidentally dropping their cover accent