Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

cough louder and more frequently to establish your workplace dominance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
My coworker with misophonia uses these headphones and credits them for keeping her out of prison: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E3XLNA0/

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Start farting as much as they cough

then when they bring up the farts go Hey, I felt the same way about the coughing!

ice breaker!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

suck his dick!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
suck a fart out of his rear end while hes taking a piss at the urinal OP!!!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chinatown posted:

suck a fart out of his rear end while hes taking a piss at the urinal OP!!!!

ewwwwwww!!!

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Rabbit Hill posted:

My coworker with misophonia uses these headphones and credits them for keeping her out of prison: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E3XLNA0/

Interesting. So how many hours of desensitization did it take before they were cured?

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
Everytime I look around, I see
So much fakeness goin down
stare them straight in eyes and ask CAN I GET YOU A GLASS OF WATER

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
The 'clearing throat constantly' thing mentioned upthread might be tourettes, I used to know a guy who had that as a tic and I just thought he was trying to get a word in.

Maybe just ask coughing guy what's up?
It might be something he's not even aware of. Or it might be something he's self-conscious about because of how annoying it is for everyone else. You'll needle him about it, and he'll break down in big blubbery tears, wailing about how his wife left him and took the kids because of the constant coughing, the ceaseless fits of respiratory rage. His parents shun him, fearing his never-ending hack will reflect badly on them for providing him with an upbringing so bad that he never learned manners, or went without care so often he is chronically ill, or worse, he just has bad genes. And now, with him already a pariah at home, you set out from atop your high horse in the next cubicle over, and begin the grim quest of ostracizing him at work as well.

Or it might be that secret alcoholic thing, too.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You don't come to work to make friends, you do it to raze your enemies and totally dominate the landscape. Right now the coughing guy is winning - are you badass enough to beat him down?!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Might have cystic fibrosis, op. Have you checked to see if he has a vas deferens? Is his pancreas insufficient? These are clues op

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So has the OP done anything yet or what

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

Drop kick them right in the larynx when they get up to go to the printer or use the bathroom or whatever.

:hmmyes:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Report him to the CDC

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Is your office located in a coal mine or teflon manufacturing facility op? Have you checked for incursions of alien mold spores coming through the portal op?

Turpitude fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 28, 2020

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Put a big bag of cough drops on his desk.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Throw a blanket over his head and beat him with a bag full of cough drops

Mr Tall
May 6, 2009
I used to work with a guy who'd clear his throat ALL loving DAY. It used to drive me absolutely crazy.

Anyway, turns out he has tourettes. He couldn't stop himself. Mind you, I can't stop myself being driven to blinding rage by it either.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Has OP shot them in self-defense yet or are they not from the US?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Have you tried leaving a red potion on his desk?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I consulted the I Ching on this matter and got hexagram 23.
code:
Removing something. Before this is 
done it is not practical to make plans.
Have you tried removing his trachea?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Turpitude posted:

I consulted the I Ching on this matter and got hexagram 23.
code:
Removing something. Before this is 
done it is not practical to make plans.
Have you tried removing his trachea?

OP could let go of (remove) his resentment then actually talk to the cougher about the problem.

crystal Ghost
Sep 5, 2019
he smokin dat juju

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This OP is dead

somethingrofl
May 1, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this definitely concerns me OP. I don't know what to think anymore. part of what I love about these forums is the love and care we share for each other. I knew poo poo was hitting the fan when I heard someone on the forum caught it.

I heard their is no escape plan. They are building a loving DEATH STAR. I might get drafted someday, I am a paranoid schizophrenic with bi-polar type 2 with emotional problems. I love peace always.

If I were you. I would quit and quarantine immediately. I wil pray for you.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

somethingrofl posted:

this definitely concerns me OP. I don't know what to think anymore. part of what I love about these forums is the love and care we share for each other. I knew poo poo was hitting the fan when I heard someone on the forum caught it.

I heard their is no escape plan. They are building a loving DEATH STAR. I might get drafted someday, I am a paranoid schizophrenic with bi-polar type 2 with emotional problems. I love peace always.

If I were you. I would quit and quarantine immediately. I wil pray for you.

You're too late baka

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Tell your boss you don't feel comfortable working next to someone coughing all day during a pandemic and you're going to go home and apply for unemployment.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He dead, didn't you hear

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Milo and POTUS posted:

This OP is dead

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I work with somebody that uses the word "like" 4 or 5 times every sentence when she gives presentations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Amarcarts posted:

I work with somebody that uses the word "like" 4 or 5 times every sentence when she gives presentations.

Better or worse than people that use "uh" every 3rd word?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Better or worse than people that use "uh" every 3rd word?

It's worse. Probably because I catch myself falling into it sometimes in casual conversation. If part of my job involved public speaking though I would definitely be more enthusiastic about stamping it out.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Something similar happened to me, it's a bastard to break habits like that when they insidiously infect you.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The OP is not dead, the OP is a space alien and went home (to space). And frankly, who can blame them.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I have a feeling that when (if) quarantine ever gets lifted people who cough constantly in an open floor plan office will get written up and fired on a flimsy pretense even faster than if they started talking about unionizing

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm ok with that.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I cough after i eat sometimes
I think i have acid reflux

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
"its just a weed cough" should an acceptable excuse.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Mooey Cow posted:

The OP is not dead, the OP is a space alien and went home (to space). And frankly, who can blame them.

OP died on the way to its home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I pmed the op and asked them if they were dead