Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, whats wrong with red headed women

Always angry and always finding fault. No matter the $$$ or pleasure, there is always something.. I blame the skull fire they suffer from whatever prion disease they suffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Truck Stop Stall posted:

that's true. lots of people's lives are more full of self-expression and happiness when they're single. but happily-single-by-choice is more of a lifelong orientation, like gayness or possibly polyamory. people who are single because they're afraid of relationships are generally unhappy.

I'm not afraid of relationships, I just have no idea how I would enter into one and it doesn't seem to be making me unhappy so I don't really care?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Edgar posted:

Always angry and always finding fault. No matter the $$$ or pleasure, there is always something.. I blame the skull fire they suffer from whatever prion disease they suffer

Hmm... Ok thanks for the heads up, friend. Will stay away from the fire crotch

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hmm... Ok thanks for the heads up, friend. Will stay away from the fire crotch

You can taste the fire, but don't marry it or show it long term interest.

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

pepsi lover posted:

I'm not afraid of relationships, I just have no idea how I would enter into one and it doesn't seem to be making me unhappy so I don't really care?

sounds like you have simple needs - and most of them sorted, at that. i guess the question is whether you feel like your life would be improved by having extra e.g. a relationship with someone who you genuinely, no bullshit, enjoy having around, and now and again a drink at a bar that serves $8 beers

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Our lives have meaning only to the extent that we give them meaning, op. It sounds like you've found the courage to accept the world for just what it is and not what you wish it would be, which is admirable. But no you're never loving ever again.

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Truck Stop Stall posted:

sounds like you have simple needs - and most of them sorted, at that. i guess the question is whether you feel like your life would be improved by having extra e.g. a relationship with someone who you genuinely, no bullshit, enjoy having around, and now and again a drink at a bar that serves $8 beers

that sounds nice, ill welcome it if it happens somehow, but i'm not about to start hitting the gym and cruising bars to find it

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

pepsi lover posted:

that sounds nice, ill welcome it if it happens somehow, but i'm not about to start hitting the gym and cruising bars to find it

that's wise. just do whatever makes you happy man. there's lots of cool jobs that you can do that pay say, $50k a year. more than pizza money. jobs around 50-70k don't ask you to eat poo poo as much as jobs that pay more than that.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
You're wrong, learn to code so you can buy more stuff including human compassion, OP. 'Tis the goon way.

Seriously, if you're happy and living in a sustainable way, gently caress it. Also there's no reason you can't attract a partner, don't listen to dumb goons who have no personality who have to rely on a big paycheck to attract a mate.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

pepsi lover posted:

You should just find some new social hobbies anyways. Just go out and do stuff and talk to new interesting people. Relationship will probably happen as a nice bonus.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'm probably the dummest person around, ask other goons who met me in REAL LIFE, but I touch computers and they throw money at me because I know python and know buzz words. Go to your community college nad get that associates in computer science and apply at a company as a jr whatever and eventually they just give you money. Also construction is good, I did 13 years of industrial sandblasting and painting before I touched a computer and it paid for my ex wife (who is a red head of danish ancestry ) BYU mormon education.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

pepsi lover posted:

I hired a guy 3 years ago who was a total nomad previously, he lives out of his car by choice, camps maybe 70% of the year and works outside most of the time and I pay him around ~50k a year while we travel from job to job building trails. I don't care how many weeks off a year he takes, and he works harder than most. He told me in January he's more satisfied now working for us than he's ever been before.

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Kibbles n Shits posted:

You're wrong, learn to code so you can buy more stuff including human compassion, OP. 'Tis the goon way.

Seriously, if you're happy and living in a sustainable way, gently caress it. Also there's no reason you can't attract a partner, don't listen to dumb goons who have no personality who have to rely on a big paycheck to attract a mate.

i dont really have a personality either

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

i think your simple tastes are a huge benefit in your corner. what some people would consider necessities, you'd consider bonuses. that's a loving awesome position to be in. it means that you can be a graphic designer or wedding photographer or something like that and still get by. these jobs are fun and are a pay scale above delivery driver.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

pepsi lover posted:

Neither do the dozens of "engineers" i work with!

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

thatguy posted:

I hired a guy 3 years ago who was a total nomad previously, he lives out of his car by choice, camps maybe 70% of the year and works outside most of the time and I pay him around ~50k a year while we travel from job to job building trails. I don't care how many weeks off a year he takes, and he works harder than most. He told me in January he's more satisfied now working for us than he's ever been before.

yeah, working a job you like is way more fun than doing nothing all the time. and being a "respected member of the community", monkey-brain poo poo or not, feels good

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Truck Stop Stall posted:

i think your simple tastes are a huge benefit in your corner. what some people would consider necessities, you'd consider bonuses. that's a loving awesome position to be in. it means that you can be a graphic designer or wedding photographer or something like that and still get by. these jobs are fun and are a pay scale above delivery driver.

i just have no idea to figure out what else i would like doing

if i had a job that paid more and i didnt like it i would absolutely just quit and go back to delivering pizza

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

pepsi lover posted:

i just have no idea to figure out what else i would like doing

if i had a job that paid more and i didnt like it i would absolutely just quit and go back to delivering pizza

there's a word for that dude. it's called freedom. you can do whatever the gently caress you want. what i'm referring to is a mental shift where people go from "all my needs are met" to "i want a bit extra now"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Smoking weed and driving is dangerous to yourself and others, OP.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
if you can handle a sudden car issue bc there is always one around the corner, then it all sounds fine.

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

ANUSTART posted:

if you can handle a sudden car issue bc there is always one around the corner, then it all sounds fine.

i have a toyota camry, thing is a loving tank

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Truck Stop Stall posted:

there's a word for that dude. it's called freedom. you can do whatever the gently caress you want. what i'm referring to is a mental shift where people go from "all my needs are met" to "i want a bit extra now"

yeah theres nothing else i really want so im probably gonna just keep doing what im doing

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

pepsi lover posted:

yeah theres nothing else i really want so im probably gonna just keep doing what im doing

good on you man. you're in a great position.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

have fun man :)

also bus unions are usually pretty good so maybe look into that if you wanna do more or less same thing bigger car

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Like I work with DME and the pay isn't great but traveling around and working independently and having my own company vehicle is awesome and even though I probably could just sit around in the same boring office every day pretending to write javascript, what I'm doing is the most enjoyable work thing I've ever done. I'm also happily married for almost 7 years now and I have a lot of dumb poo poo that I don't really need like musical instruments that I don't really know how to play and a high end gaming PC, and I never bat an eye at a bill because we live well within our means.

Point being that you get so many laps around the sun and if you don't want or need to aspire to more lucrative pay and would rather do other things (including sweet fuckall) then don't. Your worth as a human is not linked to your ability to consume, and if you're paying your bills and poo poo and living the way you want then it speaks volumes about the blight affecting our society that you seem to harbor some guilt for it, and felt the need to post on a dying comedy forum asking for absolution for not having the gall to earn as much money as humanly loving possible. Not blaming/attacking you, but for a long time I felt guilt over this as well.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Isn't Pepsi man a jastiger?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Truck Stop Stall posted:

A wedding photographer doesn't have a "pay scale", it's a business with considerable startup costs (cameras+lenses+lighting is loving expensive) and you live or die by your ability to market. You'd probably be making less than a pizza man for a while until you're established. Agreed 100 percent on the first point though.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

pepsi lover posted:

welp

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

Kibbles n Shits posted:

A wedding photographer doesn't have a "pay scale", it's a business with considerable startup costs (cameras+lenses+lighting is loving expensive) and you live or die by your ability to market. You'd probably be making less than a pizza man for a while until you're established. Agreed 100 percent on the first point though.

good point

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

GolfHole posted:

have fun man :)

also bus unions are usually pretty good so maybe look into that if you wanna do more or less same thing bigger car

that actually sounds pretty cool

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ANUSTART posted:

That's what e-begging is for.

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Pick posted:

Isn't Pepsi man a jastiger?

this accusation has been leveled at me before. the mods have my payment info and IP address.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I think I could be pretty happy with a life like that as long as I’m not stressed about finances OP. I like to do the occasional travel though, but I barely do that when employed full time anyways because I’m loving exhausted all the time.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
i used to have that life where i worked at a movie store and made nothing but got by and it didn't matter. then i went to school for 13 years and got a super stressful job making a lot of money and i think about killing myself regularly.

just be a pizza delivery driver.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
OP, if you are happy, then just keep being you. :) We don’t all have to live the same cookie cutter lives. And having any job at all is still attractive to potential mates!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Life is without any inherent meaning just do whatever idk

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Your life sounds good OP. DON’T learn to code or graphic design or some dumb office job thing, it just means you have to spend all day pretending to give a poo poo about someone else’s company.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't do jack poo poo for 2 years after college. It was really good until I saw myself waking up at 40 being the same and noped out

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
how much money do you save a month op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, whats wrong with red headed women

its not red headed women its irish women there's just a lot of crossover