Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
Theyve got the best fries. Theyve got the greatest fries. Their fries are very good, too.

Burgers aint half bad they mix it up with specials also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Rally's does have some drat good fries. You can buy a frozen version at stores, too, and I think they're among the best cook-at-home fries options, although I've only baked them and never actually fried them.

I think their best burger is the Bacon Roadhouse, a double with American and cheddar cheese, onion petals, bbq sauce and just enough ranch. Like they really don't overdo the ranch.

I've never had their chicken because why the gently caress would you go to Rally's and get chicken?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
We have them as Rally’s up here. It’s my favorite late night drunk food because when it’s fresh and hot it is delish. My go to is the Big Buford combo. My other go to for late night is Rascal House pizza.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

We used to go to checkers when I was a kid until my mom got food poisoning from em. Based on the reviews the same location is still open and making people sick 20-odd years later so they’ve gotta be doing something right.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

chili dog isn't bad at all. chili cheeseburger + fries is total delicious sodiumbombheartattack

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chief McHeath posted:

Rally's does have some drat good fries. You can buy a frozen version at stores, too, and I think they're among the best cook-at-home fries options, although I've only baked them and never actually fried them.

I think their best burger is the Bacon Roadhouse, a double with American and cheddar cheese, onion petals, bbq sauce and just enough ranch. Like they really don't overdo the ranch.

I've never had their chicken because why the gently caress would you go to Rally's and get chicken?

I will report that the chicken also good, I tried it just to try it (I'm sure at some point I'll probably have a chili dog too) but yeah you're getting a lot less for your money than you do with their burgers. My fave is the steakhouse, but I've never had a bad burger there and might get something different if it's on special.

The fries are the main attraction though, I'm not really a "fry" person but I love theirs.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

WEH posted:

the same location is still open and making people sick 20-odd years later

makes me wonder if there's not a learning problem in the community

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
My local Rally's got permanently closed by the health department, because of repeated Hep A outbreaks. Makes me pretty glad I never really ate there.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Olds like me only remember Rally's because of rap cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSktDO-v038&t=20s

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's a funny picture of some dude's burger on the Wikipedia page.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

15 years ago I had a friend who worked at a Checkers and whenever they would do the $1 spicy chicken sandwich we would go there and buy like 10-15 of them at a time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Getting two surprisingly good sandwiches plus small fries and a shake for under $10 is a helluva thing.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Their fries are really good

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I went to a Rally's in Southern California once and all I remember is this:

Highest Cactus posted:

Their fries are really good

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 23, 2020

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

The mozzarella sticks are good too, because its like the fries but with cheese instead of potato

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
All of the Rally's around here are open until some insane time in the morning which cool if you desperately need chicken wings at 1 AM.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Rallys is the latest to do a Popeyes ripoff sandwich . . . and it's pretty good. I had the honey buffalo version.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Checkers seem to be springing up in SE Michigan. The pandemic has been good to them.

Ordered two spicy double chicken burgers, for $5. Spiciness was minimal, burgers were right out of the deep fryer. Not a ton of meat, but for $2.50 it was a good deal.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 26, 2021

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Did rally's have a roast beef sandwich in the 90s? I remember a lot of companies going all in on that at the time. Arby's of course, plus Hardees and Rax.

It appears Rax has mostly vanished, though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's possible, Rally's loving tries some poo poo.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

whos that broooown posted:

Did rally's have a roast beef sandwich in the 90s? I remember a lot of companies going all in on that at the time. Arby's of course, plus Hardees and Rax.

It appears Rax has mostly vanished, though.

Hardee's Roast Beef is straight up better than Arby's now. As for Rax, there's only like 6 of them left, almost all in Ohio. I ate at one pre-pandemic in SE Kentucky and it's kind of an awesome place. Great shakes, amazing curly fries (I'm usually not a fan) and a huge menu of Roast Beef sandwich variations.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I grew up in east/ southeast ohio so it's good to hear the remaining rax are not terrible.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Their spicy chicken sandwich game is surprisingly strong.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat I haven't been to Rallys in almost a year. I used to be up in Phoenix for one reason or the other like once a month.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Went to Checkers for the first time in forever and it was kind of weird how they changed the "passenger" lane to an order ahead/delivery app lane. Although it is still passenger side so I don't know how well that works for delivery people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not sure if this is a national thing but drove by a Checkers yesterday and they have a 2 for 2.50 deal for spicy chicken sandwiches.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm really disappointed itt

Why are there both checkers and rallys. I have never seen a checkers

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

had some fries yesterday and some mozz sticks today for an afternoon snack. mozz sticks arent as good as sonic but they arent bad

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I love just getting a couple spicy chicken sandwiches and a drink. The local rally’s in the last several times I have been has been closed around 12:45 PM, been out of lettuce, been out of burger Patties, or been closed another time. What the heck

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Food supply chain shortage is some real poo poo and I imagine that Rallys doesn't have the juice that the big guys have to cut in line and get their meat.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

Food supply chain shortage is some real poo poo and I imagine that Rallys doesn't have the juice that the big guys have to cut in line and get their meat.

Drove by one almost at the corner of two major roads and it was closed at 12:30 PM on a Tuesday.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I tried the loaded garlic parmesan fries. They were a hate crime. Tasted entirely of salt.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Went to checkers the first time in April. Pretty good.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

I just had a chocolate milkshake from checkers for the first time. It was pretty good

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
checkers fries are delicious and their chili dogs are tasty!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's been way too long since I've had them. I used to go to Phoenix way more often before the outside became hell.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Went to Checkers this afternoon to get some spicy chicken and they have replaced the drive thru person with an automated voice. Which is dumb because someone still has to stand there by the window.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Went to Checkers this afternoon to get some spicy chicken and they have replaced the drive thru person with an automated voice. Which is dumb because someone still has to stand there by the window.

The robot is accurate though. It always tells me they’re out of sweet tea.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
All the Panda Expresses in town have the robot and every time it features the person on the other end cutting it off as soon as they can to ask me for my order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

What is a checkers