Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Hey goons!

Few might remember that several months ago i posted a thread about my road trip from Washington to California. Well the trip went great (despite breaking my ankle) and i even had the pleasure of meeting sir Literally a Person, in person! It was a lot of fun and LAP is a great fella with cool interests and stuff! I hope he ended up checking out the "Hand Tool Rescue" youtube channel cause I think he'd really like it.

Well anyway i have a vacation planned from the 1st of march through the 7th of march, going to Colorado this time! Ill be landing in Denver and mostly hanging out around Colorado Springs. Y'all have any suggestions for places to go, or things to do? wanna grab a drink or something while im there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Here's a suggestion, keep your self serving bullshit threads out of gbs y'wanker.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Feb 26, 2020

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
sure
no

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Here's a suggestion, keep your self serving bullshit threads out of gbs y'wanker.

Im sorry my whole family is wankers, its in my DNA and im stuck making awful threads because of it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
smoke da herb jah prayze rasta
good for the soul chyant down babylon one love

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Dear diary,

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
There’s a place called McDonalds out there, check it out.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
The Denver Art Museum is pretty cool, if you are into that sort of thing!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

RepeatingMeme posted:

Ill be landing in Denver

make sure to bring your strongest wards to protect yourself from the hex of the heinous blue stallion
https://www.google.com/search?q=heinous+blue+stallion&tbm=isch

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I suggest going to the Columbine Steak House and Lounge. Maybe you’ll get propositioned by a prostitute on you way in. Fun for the whole family!

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I have real answers for you OP! I have family there. Go to Manitou Springs, it's a very silly place. The penny arcade's cool, and check out the incline if your ankle's better. Make sure you at least drive through Garden of the Gods! The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is a neat place. Oh, and maybe go see the Broadmoor (it's ridiculous but worth a visit.) Pike's Peak too if you're up for it (might be dicey in March.) Those are my suggestions, have a nice trip!

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Definitely check out Casa Bonita while you're here.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Colorado Springs is a great place to convert to Evangelicalism before signing up for the Air Force and getting married.

Oh yeah also don't forget to buy an automatic Mustang or Charger.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Feb 26, 2020

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Casa Bonita, what a great place. Great neighborhood too, last summer they only had to close the entirety of Colfax in front of it because someone was stabbed to death in broad daylight by the plasma donation center!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
That weird sausage place had good food and interesting novelty meat sausages, that's good. I didn't do much beyond eat and smoke weed when I was there, I definitely recommend the same.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Colorado means Red Colour, because it's where women's periods were invented

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Don't do drugs OP.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
get high

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
The first step is to get the hell out of Colorado Springs unless you love a culture spawned from a collision of the military-industrial complex and mega churches rife with conservative values.

So come to Denver, maybe Capitol Hill, there are heaps of things to do!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

drop by downtown littleton and drink yourself stupid

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Smoke the weed

snappo
Jun 18, 2006
Red Rocks amphitheater is freely accessible during the day so you can climb on stage and pretend you're John Tesh playing contemporary symphonic crossover pop for moms in 1995

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

There is nothing in the Springs, despite what the chamber of commerce will desperately try to tell you at every opportunity. Go to Denver! The botanic gardens, zoo, and museum of nature & science are all within walking distance of one another and are very nice. The museum has a famous huge T. Rex full-body posed fossil casting right in the entry from the specimen that had the first complete skull ever found (and it was designed, posed and mounted by Robert Bakker, if you care). It's really a great museum for a general dinosaur-leaning focus and is exceptionally good for a most-of-the-day visit if you have kids hanging around. On your way back south, take Colorado Blvd. to Cherry Creek Dr. South and stop by the Bull & Bush for excellent chicken fried steak and an extensive scotch/whiskey list, and then continue S on CO directly to the highway home. Denver is neat and please enjoy it!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Make sure your car doors are locked and windows up. Elderly couple my brother does landscape work for says it's a hell zone since they legalized weed. Be careful OP!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Yes, OP. I am mighty awesome...

Surely some goon is going to offer to hang out with ol' Memey? I mean, what kind of goons are you?

Please do not murder repeating meme

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

LAP when RepeatingMeme visited you did he violently assault you and eat your rear end mercilessly without your permission?
This is a safe space and I don't want other goons to fall victim to RM's country wide swath of abuse and rear end consumption.
Please tell us in graphic detail about all of it so that we can stop this. All the details, like did he tie you down with bungie cords and whip your exposed buns with an anime body pillow cover before diving in like Scrooge McDuck to his money bin? Because that'd be...just...awful and we all need to know more about these events. Right now.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

LAP when RepeatingMeme visited you did he violently assault you and eat your rear end mercilessly without your permission?
This is a safe space and I don't want other goons to fall victim to RM's country wide swath of abuse and rear end consumption.
Please tell us in graphic detail about all of it so that we can stop this. All the details, like did he tie you down with bungie cords and whip your exposed buns with an anime body pillow cover before diving in like Scrooge McDuck to his money bin? Because that'd be...just...awful and we all need to know more about these events. Right now.

I mean, yeah. But it was pretty fun all things considered.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

if im staying at the broadmoor how can i smoke weed without going to jail

thank you in advance

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Very carefully

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

GolfHole posted:

if im staying at the broadmoor how can i smoke weed without going to jail

thank you in advance

Get a disposable vape cart, smoke in the bathroom with the vent on. Vaping is light enough to get away with almost anywhere with somewhat decent ventilation, and only makes the immediate area smell for at most an hour, but more like a few minutes if you're not huffing crazy clouds or anything.

Plus, if you're not used to it, vaping will rock you hard with just a few puffs, so it'll be impossible to detect unless you're an absolute idiot.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Did yall know Colorado is named after a word in Spanish?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I dunno about hiking this time of year but if you get a good weather day, whatever scenic highways are open in the mountains are always a good use of a day.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah hike whatever looks vaguely like a trail on whatever mountain pass you can find in the winter in Colorado while vaping weed.
Don't bring a pack or extra gear or whatever that poo poo will weigh you down and tire you out. *taps temple*

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
If you're in Springs my band is supposed to play @ Oskar Blues in downtown Colorado Springs March 6th.

Drink lots of water, take it easy the first day or two, and you will get winded/drunk/tired much more quickly than usual.
Wear layers and sunscreen.

Here is local Denver alternative *newspaper https://www.westword.com/
Come up to Arapahoe and take the train into downtown, take a beer tour, see a sport thing. if the sun is out then scooter/bicycle your way around.
as mentioned previously Denver Art Museum, and three other museums are all in a quarter mile radius, some good art there.
The Botanic Garden is 5 miles away from downtown, but is neat to see not sure how flowery it will be in March, but the tropical greenhouse is always nice.
There is a transportation musuem uptown, colorado history musuem, tourist pedestrian mall.
Nature and Science is neat, IMAX is relatively cheap. If you have a library card that has exchange privileges you might be able to get a free pass.
There is a airplane museum out east in Lowry, if you like old deadly metal.
Red rocks is neat and a nice stretch to walk up and down.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Smoke some hikes. Walk some weed.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
visit golden on a saturday, walk around downtown, grab a drink at ace hi tavern, if you want a decent hike that’s close to the city that doesn’t have snow, go to south/north plateau or green mountain.

for one that most likely will have some snow/ice but be super scenic - go to mt galbraith. for a bit of a scenic drive/walk, go to echo lake at the base of mt evans and hang out for a bit or for the pro move, go to breck for one of the many continental divide trails

have fun and please don’t freak out when you see snow, i need to get to work and all these accidents don’t help

dk2m
May 6, 2009
quote is not edit

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

If the weather is nice, you can drive to the summit of pike’s peak in an hour or two. Pretty neat. I suggest bringing a joint w you to smoke on your drive back when you inevitably get turned around at 12k feet for wind/weather.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
There's nothing to do in Colorado besides smoke weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Pontificating rear end posted:

There's nothing to do in Colorado besides smoke weed.

They sell it in candy form too