Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Nice one thanks guys, I’ll save my money for now on the seasons thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I remember they disabled "control points dynamically being lost/gained in the background". Did they re-enable that, or did I just experience a bug in real time, because as soon as i finished the first part of the Manhunt investigation, which capturing all 4 control points in East Mall, I lost 3 of them after doing the American History Museum, one by one: first The Metro, then Solar Mall, and finally Crash Site

The only one I didn't lose was the one I teleported to. :ohdear:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Do the East Mall bounty before capturing any of the control points (or after they've all turned back). It's a gigantic clusterfuck and I love it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As far as I know there are still squads that will attack and capture CPs but it happens far less often than it did in the past.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So is there a good way to sustain yourself when playing all red DPS, since all your healing skills suck? Assuming I'm playing solo and also have an alarming tendency to get shot. Just bite the bullet and use a healing drone (which means giving up the soft CC of the Striker, which I like) or hive? Aquire friends who are willing to get shot in my stead? Simply git gud and stop getting shot as much?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Insert name here posted:

So is there a good way to sustain yourself when playing all red DPS, since all your healing skills suck? Assuming I'm playing solo and also have an alarming tendency to get shot. Just bite the bullet and use a healing drone (which means giving up the soft CC of the Striker, which I like) or hive? Aquire friends who are willing to get shot in my stead? Simply git gud and stop getting shot as much?

If all red and playing above heroic I pretty much have to have a hive and healing drone. I suck though and also using perfect Glass Cannon.

jabro fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 29, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Insert name here posted:

On 6 red there isn’t really a way in the sense of staying alive while actively getting shot. The most sustain you can get on 6 red cores is rolling a few, probably 4 or more, armor regen minors. Again that’s not going to save you from going to full health to 0 in a second if you’re caught in the open but it does allow you to grab cover and get enough armor back to survive a bullet or two after a few seconds. That can be enough time to pop up and get an enemy at low health (removing an enemy that can shoot you is a kind of sustain), survive a flank from a rusher, outpace enough of a fire effect to live, stuff like that.

If you aren’t using LMGs you can also use the Crusader or the firewall spec shield to give yourself just a bit of extra health from enemies in the front while still doing full gun damage. The firewall shield also gives you a decent amount of bonus damage to enemies in the highlighted area. A tier 0 shield will of course fold almost immediately but like armor regen minors it lets you survive something that would have killed you without it.

The new Hunters Fury set also comes with its own on-kill bonuses and crowd control that can help keep you alive as long as you can kill something.

Other than that the best “sustain” you can do in a full damage build is smart use of cover, which doesn’t necessarily even meaning “entering” cover. If you’re in a close range build and charge into a group of enemies but get a decently sized piece of high cover between you and half of them that gives a good couple of seconds for you to kill one half without exposing yourself to the other half. For longer ranges builds you’d use the angle of the edge to block shots. Entering cover and stepping out exposes you to everyone in a 90 degree cone relative to the edge of the cover but staying further back and shooting without entering cover exposes yourself to only what you can see.

Basically you manage the damage you’re exposed to while trying to outpace what you are exposed to.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
OK, so I really do have a brain injury or something, because the new Manhunt target does *not* require LI as a prereq. It's the weekly "East NYC Sweep" that wants it on Hard.

Which I did.

Only three wipes, one of which got Keener down into his health bar before I got got incinerated, and then I found the sweet spot of murdering robots for AoK, running up to the parapet edge to magdump Chameleon into rear end in a top hat Prime for bleed or blind, then run back to safety/more robot murder. Kited his rear end up to the parapet for shorter-range magdumps and him not dodging into cover which finished him off, as he whined about how his 1337 skillz didn't need visi oh hey you died there.

Then I ran Tanker and it was a walkthrough with gunfire and explosions. hosed off to Haven, cleared inventory, then equipped Big Bad Shield and Big Fuckoff Revolver to wander around. Ended up clearing two Territory Control and one Elite Patrol that way, but had to go back to Chameleon/Grudge for an Elite Territory Control at that one garage, which paid off big between the enemy drops and the loot crates.

Two Hardwired masks.
Two Hardwired holsters.
Two Hardwired kneedpads.
Two *Seven* Hardwired and c-c-c-combo breaker one Negotiator's gloves.

Tanker also gave me a couple rogues inside, who got kinda reamed my my piddly Tier Zero turret and drone. :cylon:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Oh yeah I should mention that I'm playing on Heroic, and am currently using a red-rolled Everyday Carrier and Perfectly Efficient is a great talent when it works but sometimes you just roll four 25%s in a row like a champ and it feels bad. I'm sorta looking for something less reliant on RNG and also since I'll likely be swapping over to an Obliterate chest soon-ish.

Kibayasu posted:

On 6 red there isn’t really a way in the sense of staying alive while actively getting shot. The most sustain you can get on 6 red cores is rolling a few, probably 4 or more, armor regen minors. Again that’s not going to save you from going to full health to 0 in a second if you’re caught in the open but it does allow you to grab cover and get enough armor back to survive a bullet or two after a few seconds. That can be enough time to pop up and get an enemy at low health (removing an enemy that can shoot you is a kind of sustain), survive a flank from a rusher, outpace enough of a fire effect to live, stuff like that.
Sorry I meant more like, getting your armour back after being lit up. Obviously I'm under no pretense of being able to face-tank enemies with a 6 red build.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Insert name here posted:

Oh yeah I should mention that I'm playing on Heroic, and am currently using a red-rolled Everyday Carrier and Perfectly Efficient is a great talent when it works but sometimes you just roll four 25%s in a row like a champ and it feels bad. I'm sorta looking for something less reliant on RNG and also since I'll likely be swapping over to an Obliterate chest soon-ish.

Sorry I meant more like, getting your armour back after being lit up. Obviously I'm under no pretense of being able to face-tank enemies with a 6 red build.

That’s what I’m getting at. There is no way besides armor kits to do it quickly. Your skills will suck and any armor regen you have, minor rolls or brand bonuses, will always be low. The best thing you can do is put as much damage as possible in the shortest time possible to remove enemies as quickly as possible. Usually even forgoing talents like Unbreakable or Efficient because you sacrifice damage talents to use those. Full powered Focus is the equivalent of another 3 maxed damage rolls. Vigilance or full power Unstoppable Force is another 1.5 damage rolls.

If you’re 6 red you basically have to go all in on damage, with the possible exception of a few armor regen minors. Your armor will die quickly and without armor on kill (which is unreliable in groups) or armor kits it won’t come back quickly, you have to work around it.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Answered the call in the hopes of some hammers looking to roll some CP's on Heroic for the current phase of the Manhunt and was NOT disappointed ... at first. It's one dude somewhere in the 1000's, someone in the mid 40's, a guy just below 100, and me in the 300's. Can't be that bad, until I realized all the CP's they were doing are the super loving obnoxious fights. I popped in the middle of taking the hole in the ground (I forget the name) and it was manageable. I joined into a bad spot though and the flanking was gnarly but was able to pull myself out of the muck. Hit up the solar farm next and even MORE flanking and getting wailed on from all directions (thank you sweet nothings that the session owner didn't have fog of war on). We followed that with the Choke and that was probably the easiest, even if those elites just hang out in that back room WAAAAY too loving much.

And then we did the metro, and come to the MEAT of our story. I'm not a fan of this CP much in the first place, and it seems to be one that I RARELY find myself wanting run and rarely see a group that's doing it just for the loot. You're fighting up and they have ALL the cover. We manage (PAINSTAKINGLY) to clear it AND defend and I'm ready to get the "investigation advanced" and hit the supply room when of COURSE 5 rogue agents pop.

It was at that moment I actively started to hate my situation. On heroic, those guys are almost game breaking unfair. It was a super gross meat grinder and will haunt my days. After that debacle, I straight up /quit and went to HADES. Didn't even bother with the supply room.

Still sort of digging this Negotiator's Dilemma build. Trying to get something together with HF and the Lady Death I have but I don't have firewall even started and it seems like that's the most effective to run with the set. My DPS build is in a sad state. I'm actively starting to hate focus and the M1AC since staying scoped so long can get hairy on heroic and the Chameleon really is a situational option at best. I need better Providence and Fenris gear. :(

TL;DR: Needing those few select pieces of GOOD gear can be frustrating. 5 Rogue Agents on heroic with a PUG and no attempt at coordination is flirting with rage quit.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 29, 2020

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Insert name here posted:

There's two mindsets on this, and kiba has posted basically both: One is the defensive/regen option and the other is the all-in on kills option.

I prefer that second option, going for gigantic piles of crit to try to deal with incoming enemies as fast as humanly possible. If the enemies are all dead, your armor restores itself as you exit combat state! Rather than armor regen minor rolls I just park a heal drone over my head, even at t0 it's basically 4 armor regen minors all by itself. Gunner spec is probably "the best" for this - ROF on kill to help chain kills, a tiny amount of armor on kill to give a tiny extra bit of sustain, ammo regen, reload speed boost, and handling bonuses just make it that tiny bit easier to get kills. But that's a very small set of bonuses all told, other specializations are just fine.

also grenades. I use a lot of grenades to flush enemies so I can avoid the snipe-through-cover game, because a PGC build loses that.

beyond that it really does just come down to this:

Kibayasu posted:

Basically you manage the damage you're exposed to while trying to outpace what you are exposed to.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

How often does this game go on sale? I hated the D2 demo a year and half ago and never bought D2. Have over 1400 hours in D1 and really loved it. On a whim, I recently tried the 8 hour trial of D2 and really liked it. I could have bought the complete game with expansion for $20 2 weeks ago but I didn't (was in between building a new PC) and now it is $29 for base and $59 for base+expansion. It looks like there was a black friday sale last year. How often does this go on sale? I would pick it up for $20 but I'm not paying $59.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
gently caress healing drone - throw out your decoy, tag three guys with Negotiator's while they shoot it instead of you, then unload your Sleipnir into the biggest one to take them all down. Tag new enemies as the first few die. When you finish them all and a new monster closet opens, you should be halfway through your reload animation and your new rate of fire will rip the fabric of space.

DO NOT run this with Perfect Glass Cannon.

boscoman
May 14, 2004

Eats like a meal...

Shumagorath posted:

gently caress healing drone - throw out your decoy, tag three guys with Negotiator's while they shoot it instead of you, then unload your Sleipnir into the biggest one to take them all down. Tag new enemies as the first few die. When you finish them all and a new monster closet opens, you should be halfway through your reload animation and your new rate of fire will rip the fabric of space.

DO NOT run this with Perfect Glass Cannon.

Ran around with 3 piece Striker + a Hard Candy Pink dyed Sleipnir for awhile. The ROF after reloading from empty was :staredog:

Edit: Oh, and the 3rd attribute was +5.0% rate of fire. Naturally.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Sleipnir's ROF & damage bonus on reload is proportional to the size of it's magazine, so give Gunner Spec/True Patriot a burl - Gunner Spec +50 round bag + 30% magsize from the TP set.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Can we talk about green gearsets and which are best for solo players? I’ll be honest, all the fine detail and obsession about ‘builds’ doesn’t really choke my chicken but I do want to be an effective and resilient killer.

I play solo the vast majority of the time and my style tends to be ‘get the drone up, lob a seeker mine in from distance then pick off as many bandits as I can with an AR, getting the shotty out for any that get too close’.

I collected a load of Hunter’s Fury gear but that seems more tuned for close quarters than my style, am I right?

I have several bits of True Patriot, would that suit me better do you think?

Also people keep talking about Eclipse but I haven’t found any parts, where do you get that?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

Can we talk about green gearsets and which are best for solo players? I’ll be honest, all the fine detail and obsession about ‘builds’ doesn’t really choke my chicken but I do want to be an effective and resilient killer.

I play solo the vast majority of the time and my style tends to be ‘get the drone up, lob a seeker mine in from distance then pick off as many bandits as I can with an AR, getting the shotty out for any that get too close’.

I collected a load of Hunter’s Fury gear but that seems more tuned for close quarters than my style, am I right?

I have several bits of True Patriot, would that suit me better do you think?

Also people keep talking about Eclipse but I haven’t found any parts, where do you get that?

Just look for an Eclipse target zone and you'll get plenty of pieces however Eclipse is status effect skill build so the best work it does is in a group.

As for more gun focused gear sets Negotiators Dilemma can do some good work from mid-ranges with an assault rifle. I haven't used it much so I don't know if the chest or backpack talents are necessary but both do seem like good boosts.

True Patriot pieces rerolled with some weapon damage does make for some decent guns. The general consensus is to make use of the 30% magazine capacity bonus it gets for 3 pieces and pair it with an LMG rolled with Frenzy or try to craft a Sleipner, which has Perfect Frenzy, from the table with decent stats. Sleipner comes from the Gunner spec field research and since Gunner also has a special weapon mod that gives 50 more bullets to a belt-fed LMG you usually go with that spec as well. It won't hit quite as hard as other gun focused builds but it works and makes pretty colours. You do want to use the backpack as 1 of your 4 pieces since that gives you significant bonuses to the Red/White/Blue effects.

If you like clicking on heads then while Aces & Eights 4 piece bonuses aren't really worth chasing the bonuses from wearing 3 pieces (that aren't the chest or backpack) do offer some decent damage to a sniper build. If you pair them with a chest piece with Headhunter, or the named Chainkiller perfect version, and a backpack with Vigilance (or really any other talent that gives you damage) you can some needlessly large headshot numbers. You can also throw in some Sawyers exotic kneepads for some more damage as long as you don't move.

Strikers looks tempting but I do not like it. Enemies just twitch and stumble and just generally move too much for me to get the Strikers bonus up to big numbers. If you can get there the numbers truly are big but they are just too easy to lose, one random move from an enemy and all of a sudden you've lost 20 stacks.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Sniping is very much not my thing. Spray and pray all day long, although I did find a really good gun called Glory Daze which has 100% stability. It does about 10k damage less than the one I was using but the fact that it stays on target so well means it’s really really effective with In-Sync.

What’s a good chest talent to use? I have Vigilance on my bag for the 25% extra weapon damage and Trauma seems to be the best I can find for chest.

I’ll set up and try a TP build tonight and see how it is.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

monkeytennis posted:

Sniping is very much not my thing. Spray and pray all day long, although I did find a really good gun called Glory Daze which has 100% stability. It does about 10k damage less than the one I was using but the fact that it stays on target so well means it’s really really effective with In-Sync.

What’s a good chest talent to use? I have Vigilance on my bag for the 25% extra weapon damage and Trauma seems to be the best I can find for chest.

I’ll second Negotiators dilemma, it’s good with ARs and is pretty solid solo. My understanding of True Patriot is it’s more of a group support set? I might be wrong as I haven’t used it although I have it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

TP is best in groups, yes.

If we're talking only gearset and only solo, negotiator's dilemma sounds like the right choice to start with.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Some general questions now that I've finished my 8 hour trial, and am considering buying the game.

How much extra content is the warlords expansion?
It seems to increase the level cap to 40, does that mean it is required to own if you want to do any endgame co-op stuff?
How is co-op pug gameplay? I used to clan all day with Goons on Eve, MWO, and WOT, but with kids now I don't think I've got time to really get invested, but would still like to have access to end game content that I assume needs multiple players to complete?
So far my favorite shooting style is a mix of using semi-auto rifles for relatively long range "sniping" (though I dislike the scope style weapons), and suppressive fire with a LMG which also seems pretty good as an oh-gently caress someone flanked me weapon. Is this kind of play conducive to pugging or am I going to need to learn how to run and gun with shottys?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

A better chest talent would be one that increases your weapon damage. Focus (which while requiring a 8x or more scope doesn’t require sniping) or Obliterate are the more general options.

Glory Daze gives up too much range for not much gain. Stability matters little at close range and that’s where you’re forced to fight while using it. You also can’t activate In Sync and use Glory Daze at the same time.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
You’re right about the in-sync thing, I hadn’t realised that had stopped working when I picked up this gun! I’ll have a look for some ND gear and try that as well.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

monkeytennis posted:

You’re right about the in-sync thing, I hadn’t realised that had stopped working when I picked up this gun! I’ll have a look for some ND gear and try that as well.

The basic rule is if the talent icon appears on your gun when you're aiming switching away from that gun will disable whatever bonus that was. If the talent icon appears on your HUD below the armor/health bars then you can switch weapons and still keep the bonus.

The biggest exception to this rule is the Finisher talent on pistols since that actually requires switching weapons. When you kill something with the pistol the talent icon appears on the gun. You don't have the bonus yet but when you switch weapons while this icon is still visible the icon will then appear below your health bar and the bonus is applied. Since its below the health bar the bonus even applies to the pistol if you switch back to it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Some general questions now that I've finished my 8 hour trial, and am considering buying the game.

warlords is another 5 main missions + several side missions, a new map, and is generally good. 4 of the mains are quite good, arguably better than anything in DC. The 5th...exists.

co-op matchmaking exists but is somewhat unreliable. I always run with mm open and either get a full group rapidly or one guy maybe halfway through. Still, it works enough of the time. The only "end game content" you're likely to be locked out of are raids. there are two, they are 8 players, they are also not .... great. And the rewards are not significant enough you need to worry about it.

Rifles are the strongest weapon class in this game because the M1A classic exists (no other rifle is really good at all) and LMGs are fine, both mag-fed like the RPK or belt-fed like the M249/Negev/whatever. You definitely do not need to learn shotguns. In fact, those are probably the hardest weapon archetype to use on higher difficulty.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Do the weapon mods that you can get through the perks get outclassed by ones you pick up or craft? Is it ok to spend points on them?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The class-specific skill and weapon mods are generally the best in their class. You'll max out the class eventually so there's no reason not to pursue them unless you really don't care for the class of weapon the mod is gated behind.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
What boggles me is that there are mods for skills that are only available when you're that specific class and very likely have unlocked the class mod.

Why the hell are there mods dropping for Seeker Mine - Healing? Comparatively, there is a very short and ephemeral time that you have Survivalist unlocked yet do not have the healing mod.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Do the weapon mods that you can get through the perks get outclassed by ones you pick up or craft? Is it ok to spend points on them?

The spec mods are always better when compared to the same bonus from standard mods but some are more useful than others.

Unless you plan to use the weapons needed to unlock the mods anyways I don’t think the Demolitionist laser (2% critical chance, SMG points) or the Technician laser (free pulse, Rifle points) are good enough to give up the extra weapon damage if you’re using two other weapon types. The laser sight bonus (7% vs 5%) isn’t nothing but the Gunner and Firewall specs can make way better use of SMGs and 2% critical chance is nothing on SMGs. The pulse laser only comes in use when combined with a couple of specific talents and in those builds you’re probably not going to be using anything that needs Pulse to function better anyways.

The firewall mod (10% critical damage, shotgun points) gives a slightly larger bonus than standard mods so that can be nice to have if you’re going to only use a single weapon type or the shotguns themselves.

The two mods that make large enough differences to use the specific weapons and specs they’re in are the Gunners large pouch (+50 rounds, LMG points) and the Sharpshooter scope (45% headshot damage, Rifle points).

The only spec mod that isn’t worth using even if you’re using the weapon type you need to put points into is the Survivalist magazine mod and that’s because there’s no reason to NOT use an extended magazine.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 30, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Shotguns are, as in most games, Hollywood-nerfed - usually stupid-powerful at close range, but one step outside whatever the game says "close" is and it's "shot spread in about a 120-degree arc and you're lucky if two pellets hit what you aim at." (page CAPN_BEEB for ranting re: this)

Running up and dumping a million-plus damage (baseline) into some mook's face is awesome, it's just the other six or seven dudes (including the sniper on the second floor across the street, the ones that start out on your flanks and the flamethrower/minigun elite that just stepped out of the closet) make it a bad gamble.

And I'm saying this as someone who's been going shotgun bandit w/shield for those piddly Ubi Club challenges, too.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Speaking of self heals. Which skill is best for healing while leveling up? I watched a YouTube that seemed to say the chem launcher was but i cant seem to figure it out. I feel like ive wasted every skill point ive earned so far.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Speaking of self heals. Which skill is best for healing while leveling up? I watched a YouTube that seemed to say the chem launcher was but i cant seem to figure it out. I feel like ive wasted every skill point ive earned so far.

Without skill tiers a lot of the skills won’t feel like they do much but this is particularly true for healing skills. The chem launcher is better for healing other people because it gives an burst/instant heal in addition to a heal over time if they stay in the circle. However if you drop the goo on yourself you only get the heal over time which is very slow without skill tiers.

The best healing skill while leveling up is the healing drone because it lasts a long time (unless it gets disabled by disrupt) but nothing will be able to give you much healing second over second without some skill tier, which loses you damage or armor.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ygolonac posted:

Running up and dumping a million-plus damage (baseline) into some mook's face is awesome, it's just the other six or seven dudes (

this is why intimidate+arenaline hunter's fury is the only shotgun set, that area stun saves your life on the regular

it's still high risk/high reward but utterly dunking on heroic enemies with an 870 is real and true in this game, at last.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Psion posted:

this is why intimidate+arenaline hunter's fury is the only shotgun set, that area stun saves your life on the regular

it's still high risk/high reward but utterly dunking on heroic enemies with an 870 is real and true in this game, at last.
I should've recorded it, but you can see how effective this build is by going for a Warhound Convoy, then making sure you're parked in front of its monster closet (look for any box truck or manhole nearby) when you kill the warhound and its initial guards.

Stand in place and utterly obliterate a half-dozen+ waves of guys on Heroic.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

I should've recorded it, but you can see how effective this build is by going for a Warhound Convoy, then making sure you're parked in front of its monster closet (look for any box truck or manhole nearby) when you kill the warhound and its initial guards.

Stand in place and utterly obliterate a half-dozen+ waves of guys on Heroic.

Yeah I did this accidentally the other day, only Smg not shotgun, but it’s very very satisfying.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’ll shut up about gear sets for solo play soon. I found some ND gear and I’m using the Armor and Pack to get the extra talents. It seems like the effective way to use it is put a few rounds into one enemy then move onto his friend so that the damage spreads, rather than finish one off before moving on. Does that make sense?

I’m looking for Eclipse gear and it appears that it’s use is strongly linked to status effects. Does this mean it works best with weapon talents like Eyeless/Ignited/Sadist etc?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That's how I play ND, yes. You can further enhance it by shooting a big, slow target while briefly tagging easy enemies, or shoot squishy enemies while the ND tick damage bypasses chungus/robot armour or shields. You want to be right at the 60% crit cap, stacked to the gills with crit damage, and have a very high rate of fire.

Eclipse is all about maximizing your status effect damage, which is really easy since the core roles are yellow. Your other two pieces can be a skill-rolled Golan (because you want Survivalist or Firewall as your class so no 1B 5Y+1 Technician build for you....) and Firm Handshake. Your gun shouldn't matter because in solo missions and control points one good chem launcher round will kill the entire wave and maybe the one after. Bring striker drone or turret for killing large single entities and shoot them with an Ignited or Perpetuation weapon. Look for a Mechanical Animal or Future Perfect backup that you can spam into reds for ludicrous bonuses to skills via Overcharge.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 7, 2020

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Status damage is dumb. Status duration, however...

Look, I can roll with a mid-tier bedazzled Vector as my primary and just facetank hunters and rogue agents because you don't need to worry about durability if no one is allowed to shoot at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Gonna pop some green smoke for Sean Connery today. :(