Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

skaianDestiny posted:

Okay so I upgraded my Dicreos Special perk to world tier 2, but it apparently dropped it to level 1 with only 800 damage (when before it was ~18k)? Help here?

Don’t know what to tell you. Are you in world tier 2? Maybe it doesn’t like those being different.

alphabettitouretti posted:

Sorry, I meant +health on armour.

Yeah pretty much anything except weapon handling is better than a health armor roll. 18k health at level 40 isn’t even enough to survive 1 extra bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Don’t know what to tell you. Are you in world tier 2? Maybe it doesn’t like those being different.

Yeah pretty much anything except weapon handling is better than a health armor roll. 18k health at level 40 isn’t even enough to survive 1 extra bullet.

What's wrong with handling?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Weapon Handling is getting a buff so don't throw it in the bin just yet

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

At the moment 1% of weapon handling gives 0.25% to accuracy, stability, reload speed, and weapon swap speed. So if you had a max roll of 14% on an armor piece you’d get a grand total of 3.5% on each.

The next patch will make 1% weapon handling = 1% of each stat so it will at least be easier to understand but it’s still a question if that will be useful enough to replace something. The patch is still a bit away though.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

What's wrong with handling?

It’s currently one of the worst stats you can get.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Kibayasu posted:

At the moment 1% of weapon handling gives 0.25% to accuracy, stability, reload speed, and weapon swap speed. So if you had a max roll of 14% on an armor piece you’d get a grand total of 3.5% on each.

The next patch will make 1% weapon handling = 1% of each stat so it will at least be easier to understand but it’s still a question if that will be useful enough to replace something. The patch is still a bit away though.

Depending on your build, a single roll that bumps 4 stats could be useful.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just like it because it's less to think about

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Oh yeah that poo poo is totally useless.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Jose Oquendo posted:

Depending on your build, a single roll that bumps 4 stats could be useful.

bumping 4 stats like 2% each doesn't mean much against bumping one important stat by 15% in this game. Div 2 rewards going all-in, right now. That's just how the game is in terms of stats today in TU9.

You have to remember a handling roll competes in that slot: It's not just what you get, it's the opportunity cost of what you give up.

the PTS plan to make handling more competitive is great, and they should also do it to armor-on-kill and health and basically every blue roll which isn't hazpro.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 23, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Psion posted:

bumping 4 stats like 2% each doesn't mean much against bumping one important stat by 15% in this game. Div 2 rewards going all-in, right now. That's just how the game is in terms of stats today in TU9.

You have to remember a handling roll competes in that slot: It's not just what you get, it's the opportunity cost of what you give up.

the PTS plan to make handling more competitive is great, and they should also do it to armor-on-kill and health and basically every blue roll which isn't hazpro.

Right, that's what I mean. In the PTS, a 14% weapon handling roll gives you 14% stability, 14% accuracy, 14% reload speed, and 14% swap speed (this is probably least important). That's definitely making it something to consider rolling. If I'm using an AR build, I'd be ok with sacrificing some CHC or a blue roll for that.

You're also correct about the other blue rolls. They're totally useless aside from hazard protection. Make things worth considering instead of going all in on Red/Yellow/Blue like you say.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Handling will be capped down to 10% after the changes, that might not be live just yet

I think there'll be room for handling builds even if they end up not as good as crit builds (well they'll still be crit builds too just with less crit). I'm eager to see how much a full handling build will affect gun feel.

The PTS is overall very, very good. Might be even better next week once more patches, exotic and sidearm rebalance go up.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Right, that's what I mean. In the PTS, a 14% weapon handling roll gives you 14% stability, 14% accuracy, 14% reload speed, and 14% swap speed (this is probably least important). That's definitely making it something to consider rolling. If I'm using an AR build, I'd be ok with sacrificing some CHC or a blue roll for that.

You're also correct about the other blue rolls. They're totally useless aside from hazard protection. Make things worth considering instead of going all in on Red/Yellow/Blue like you say.

Armor Regen is pretty drat good. The only stinker is health really. Super weird that they reworked handling in such a major way and left HP as it is. Maybe next week?

nerdz fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 23, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

nerdz posted:

Armor Regen is pretty drat good. The only stinker is health really. Super weird that they reworked handling in such a major way and left HP as it is. Maybe next week?

Can you explain armor regen to me? I tried playin with it but I couldn't seem to get anything going. What talents/gear set/brands do you need?

How is the TTK and TTBK on the PTS? I saw in the patch notes a bunch of weapons got damage buffs.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Can you explain armor regen to me? I tried playin with it but I couldn't seem to get anything going. What talents/gear set/brands do you need?

How is the TTK and TTBK on the PTS? I saw in the patch notes a bunch of weapons got damage buffs.

Gila and Golan each give a 1% bonus to whatever regen you have but even if you have max rolls everywhere that’s pretty small so you don’t need them to make it work. Armor regen you just stack like HSD or CHC or whatever. It’s a constant regen - there is no delay before it works after taking damage. I find it works best on high/all red DPS builds since those are ones that put you closer to harm, whether that means distance or leaving cover to shoot.

It isn’t enough to save you while you’re getting shot but what enough does allow you to do is hunker down for a few seconds and get a couple bullets worth or armor back quickly. This lets you pop out and kill something at low health, or give you enough armor to get into better cover, or survive the flank that shotgunner is about to do. It definitely comes at a cost of immediate DPS but I have found it pretty invaluable to keep myself moving and shooting in a fight.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Jose Oquendo posted:

It'll cap at 10 per roll, and every handling talent will inevitably change as well, because the values at the moment are super high. Perfect Braced giving 1:1 bonuses at 50% would be stupidly good.

Blue rolls that aren't health are honestly okay. Armor regen is good for non-tanks, though you need 2 okay-ish rolls to be roughly equal to 1% armor regen on an all red or all yellow build. Static numbers instead of percentage is kind of weak. For tanks, the brand bonus regen is much more effective because the static number rolls are way too small to be worthwhile. Explosive resistance is just straight up good, period, since lots of 1 shot/stagger enemy attacks are explosive and reducing damage on those is good. Hazpro is self-explanatory.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It looks like that tank set is pretty busted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21n8NEf44E8

Trying to figure out the math where it basically becomes that invincible. I figured even with 60% damage being returned over 6 seconds you could get overwhelmed from direct fire from 3+ enemies but this is like Div1 levels of invincibility.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

PC. ImAComputer is my uplay name.

I'll send you an invite from AHO (basically the only active PC clan right now) before going to sleep.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

You know what, that gearset from Div 1 that defuses grenades, Final Measure would have been helpful since I feel the enemies in Div 2 are way more grenade happy.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I hit 40 and completed the Warlords story and I've been running around exploring for a while, got most of the SHD tech, cleared most activities off the map, etc.

I don't have any kind of organized gear set, just a bunch of orange gear supporting skill tier, skill damage, and skill haste and I'm running around with cluster mines plus either drone or turret or sticky bomb or whatever

I'm totally lost on what to be doing now to just farm gear in general, should I just be running story missions on Hard and doing all the weekly projects? I'm not sure what all activities are even available to me :sweatdrop:

I've been trying to google guides but everything seems to assume I have a lot of experience with the base game which I don't, is there any kind of level 40 quick-start guide tailored to brand new players?

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 24, 2020

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

It looks like that tank set is pretty busted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21n8NEf44E8

Trying to figure out the math where it basically becomes that invincible. I figured even with 60% damage being returned over 6 seconds you could get overwhelmed from direct fire from 3+ enemies but this is like Div1 levels of invincibility.

don't think too hard about it right now, they plan on adjusting it quite a bit before it leaves the PTS. they don't want it to be this strong.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

I hit 40 and completed the Warlords story and I've been running around exploring for a while, got most of the SHD tech, cleared most activities off the map, etc.

I don't have any kind of organized gear set, just a bunch of orange gear supporting skill tier, skill damage, and skill haste and I'm running around with cluster mines plus either drone or turret or sticky bomb or whatever

I'm totally lost on what to be doing now to just farm gear in general, should I just be running story missions on Hard and doing all the weekly projects? I'm not sure what all activities are even available to me :sweatdrop:

I've been trying to google guides but everything seems to assume I have a lot of experience with the base game which I don't, is there any kind of level 40 quick-start guide tailored to brand new players?

Depending on how much you feel like grinding the best way to find better gear at first is generally to farm the respawning activities in a district. Like all loot games the idea is to get better stuff so you can do harder stuff so you can get better stuff so you can do harder stuff. You can also farm missions for gear and at the same time the harder difficulties can be a good way to determine how good or in-sync your gear is, though a part can simply be knowing how to play with a build.

As for what kind of gear to grind that depends on what you want to build. If you like seekers then you want to look for the brands that give you skill damage and explosive damage, and skill haste to a lesser extent. You would want attributes that do the same, plus maybe some survivability stuff if you find yourself in trouble a lot. You would also want to look for talents on your armor and weapons that improve your talents or let you use them more often.

Hybrid builds are generally not a thing to go for except under specific circumstances. You are far better off putting everything into one area (weapon damage, armor, skill tier) than trying to be okay at everything.

There are some intricacies to making builds to pick up on as you go but there are just too many to list out randomly. For example, the Hana-U brand gear is obviously built for skills - it rolls skill tier and it’s first two brand bonuses are for skills. However the mask/chest/backpack will come with a offensive mod slot which is of dubious use at best. What this means is that unless you get the perfect roll (attributes you want, talent you want) which lets you re-roll the mod slot type Hana-U is not the best thing to grind for in if you want it in the mask, chest, or backpack slot.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

UnknownMercenary posted:

Armor regen is good for non-tanks, though you need 2 okay-ish rolls to be roughly equal to 1% armor regen on an all red or all yellow build.

But is that even good or worth having? I’ve never even played around with blues, but 1% doesn’t sound like it would actually outregen serious heroic or legendary damage.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Torquemada posted:

But is that even good or worth having? I’ve never even played around with blues, but 1% doesn’t sound like it would actually outregen serious heroic or legendary damage.

Kibayasu posted:

It isn’t enough to save you while you’re getting shot but what enough does allow you to do is hunker down for a few seconds and get a couple bullets worth or armor back quickly. This lets you pop out and kill something at low health, or give you enough armor to get into better cover, or survive the flank that shotgunner is about to do. It definitely comes at a cost of immediate DPS but I have found it pretty invaluable to keep myself moving and shooting in a fight.

Though I have moved onto Unbreakable and going all red for certain builds.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I read that, but I can’t see a benefit to my play style, at least. Either playing more conservatively or dropping a chem heal or repair drone would have the same effect for me. I only really play pug heroic missions, all red except for a Tardigrade, and I don’t find the incoming damage granular enough to change it out. I’m either fine or dead, and I imagine legendary is even worse.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The armor regen attribute only impacts the rate at which armor regenerates, right? It doesn't give you armor regen, you still need a talent or skill to trigger it?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Torquemada posted:

I read that, but I can’t see a benefit to my play style, at least. Either playing more conservatively or dropping a chem heal or repair drone would have the same effect for me. I only really play pug heroic missions, all red except for a Tardigrade, and I don’t find the incoming damage granular enough to change it out. I’m either fine or dead, and I imagine legendary is even worse.

:shrug: Nobody's forcing you to use it. I'd rather free up a slot for a crowd control skill; usually Blinder. Even in groups, the dedicated CC person isn't going to have Blinder going all the time or they may miss someone or I just need someone loving blind *right now* so I run that little bit of CC. 2 rolls of armor regen has served me well on Heroic. Hell I think you're crazy for giving up any damage by running Tardigrade on a DPS build. You are right that Legendary is a different beast.

The armor regen attribute only impacts the rate at which armor regenerates, right? It doesn't give you armor regen, you still need a talent or skill to trigger it?

It directly gives you constant, passive armor regen now.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

deep dish peat moss posted:

Here's a post I made that got buried a few pages back:

Olds posted:

I've had some discussions with people on the discord about issues of the amount of power locked behind SHD levels (mostly the red stats) and it's led to some thoughts on guiding new people through the new postgame oriented around these points:

1) From the way SHD level stats are structured, they are gating a surprising amount of DPS behind hundreds of SHD levels. I estimate that in total there's the equivalent of 1.5 armor pieces of DPS gear locked behind SHD level 1000, a pretty substantial amount of stats. In comparison, the other 3 colors are not worth anywhere near as much.

2) DPS requirements for heroic is fairly high, requiring very well rolled gear and good gear brand synergies (or very well rolled gear sets) and a good amount of SHD levels.

3) However, lower difficulty loot, particularly solo, is very sparse and not very good. Crafting is mostly useless and vendors mostly sell trash.

4) Support builds (status effect and tanks) require very little however and will be significantly more useful to any heroic group than some half built DPS setup.

From the points above, I would recommend the following course of action:

1) When going through WONY story, leave Wall Street and Pathway Park for last, hopefully after you hit level 40. They will give you a free Pointman chest and Mozambique Special pistol that will be the cornerstone of your tank build. To form the rest of your tank build you can either find yourself some Gila/Golan gear or find 4 piece True Patriot and use the Coyote mask I will mention later. Run Bulwark Shield and whatever else. I prefer the Artificer hive myself.

2) Once you hit level 40, craft yourself 4 pieces of Hard Wired gear (not chest) and 2 pieces of skill gear. Wait, I can hear you say, didn't you say crafting was useless? Mostly useless. With skill gear, the core stat is locked so it removes one element of RNG from the gear you craft. Combine that with gear sets having one less minor and you now have a guaranteed useful piece of skill gear. Recalibrate your Hard Wired pieces to status effect and craft a skill brand chest piece with Tag Team and hopefully either skill haste or status effect. Run technician with the Coyote mask so you can still have skill tier 6 or run full skill tier gear with survivalist so you can give your team a DPS buff after inflicting status effects on the enemy (and fire grenades). I recommend using blinder firefly (even with its extreme unreliability its still the most powerful skill) and jammer pulse (shuts down enemy toys and provides an easy way to proc Tag Team).

3) Get to season level 35 and get a Coyote's mask, one of the best exotics you can get.

4) If you did not get a Pointman, I'd recommend joining on Lincoln Memorial runs to get a chance of getting Tardigrade. If you did not get a Mozambique Special, any decent tactical 1911 pistol will do or you can do the Liberty crafting run. If you did not get Coyote's Mask, you can run Jefferson Trade Center to try get one.

5) Early on, match make for bounties. Bounties have named enemies, who are forced to drop better loot regardless of difficulty, and more often than not you can join in bounties midway, making them quick and easy activities to gain loot.

6) Only missions worth matchmaking for loot are Lincoln Memorial (4 named bosses) and District Union Arena (3 named bosses).

7) With either the tank build or status build, you're ready to matchmake into heroic and actually help your team. You can farm up a proper DPS setup afterwards.

8) Recommended SHD point allocations: Weapon Damage/Crit Chance/Crit Damage/Headshot Damage - Hazard Protection/Explosive Resist/Armor/Health - Skill Haste/Skill Healing/Skill Damage/Skill Duration - Stability/Reload/Accuracy/Ammo

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Regarding point 8) you have accuracy behind stability and reload speed. It’s my experience that I can (for example) easily make weapons more stable with mods (filling the bar), but that accuracy mods barely move the bar. This suggests to me that a high accuracy stat is really hard to achieve with most weapon types, leading me to assume on a meta level that the developers don’t want us to have maximum accuracy as a possibility. Is accuracy therefore really that useless compared to stability? (I understand that CHC or CHD are preferred for mods).

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I haven't looked at what was datamined from the PTS but they've found story stuff from future seasons with HUGE spoilers and "it definitely seems like Seasons improve."

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Torquemada posted:

Regarding point 8) you have accuracy behind stability and reload speed. It’s my experience that I can (for example) easily make weapons more stable with mods (filling the bar), but that accuracy mods barely move the bar. This suggests to me that a high accuracy stat is really hard to achieve with most weapon types, leading me to assume on a meta level that the developers don’t want us to have maximum accuracy as a possibility. Is accuracy therefore really that useless compared to stability? (I understand that CHC or CHD are preferred for mods).

I find stacking stability makes it easier to hit with a SVD or a rifle, which is helpful when you're trying to proc Tag Team, Spike, or Oppurtunistic on targets and not so much trying to do damage. Accuracy isn't as much an issue since you're using semi-autos and you're not spamming shots to do damage but to proc effects.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
This makes sense, thanks.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Accuracy also helps with reticule bloom. You can't really rely on stat bars in any game, and Div2 is not an exception. You'll need to actually fire the gun and seeing if it needs accuracy or stability, or neither.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

When does the Jupiter manhunt end? I want to finish it off before it goes away, but I'm also not feeling like doing it this weekend :effort:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

When does the Jupiter manhunt end? I want to finish it off before it goes away, but I'm also not feeling like doing it this weekend :effort:

I believe it ends when the season ends.

Torquemada posted:

It’s just another option. I play fairly aggressively in PVE, outside of Legendary, so it suits that well. A repair drone, even with the increase in health against NPCs it got recently, can be destroyed or disabled or be on cooldown at the worst time. Staying still inside the chem launcher goo can be similarly as bad. Do what feels right. PVE is about whatever works best for you.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Roman posted:

I haven't looked at what was datamined from the PTS but they've found story stuff from future seasons with HUGE spoilers and "it definitely seems like Seasons improve."

Yeah, I skimmed over it expecting more stuff like Jupiter, but yeah the next few seasons seem way better than this one. I mean I'm sure it'll all play pretty similarly, but it'll be nice to have a reason to give a poo poo.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Do we know the price of additional seasons? I’ve actually enjoyed what I’ve done of the first one, I’ll probably keep going. Maybe find a clan too, the only existing EU PC clan is me and like three other guys who’re never on at the same time.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Torquemada posted:

Do we know the price of additional seasons? I’ve actually enjoyed what I’ve done of the first one, I’ll probably keep going. Maybe find a clan too, the only existing EU PC clan is me and like three other guys who’re never on at the same time.

IIRC 10 bucks a season

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
seasons are all free. we pay for the extra season bonus track that you earn as you gain proficiency. season 2 might have bonus projects too

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hopefully the rewards for the paid track are better in season 2

Oh another bundle of 3 faction keys or an item I'll just break down because I got 3 copies through play with better rolls

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Isn’t the paid track the one with the cosmetics etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I wouldn't be shocked if the next paid track had more exotics in it (or maybe even skill cosmetics) to get people to actually buy it.