Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Quote for new page
Red Storm is working on Heartland. F2P could mean BR/Survival type game. Curious about the "new perspective."

Division mobile game coming too. No details but a turn based top down thing would make sense.

Movie is still in development on Netflix. I wonder why Jessica Chastain and Jake Gyllenhaal are so attached to this. Is Jessica Chastain ganking people in the DZ in her spare time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Roman posted:

Is Jessica Chastain ganking people in the DZ in her spare time?
After Ava I do not have high hopes.

Roman posted:

Division mobile game coming too. No details but a turn based top down thing would make sense.
I would play the absolute gently caress out of a Division-themed Jagged Alliance ripoff.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Oh great more loot box and micro transaction garbage.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://register.ubisoft.com/division-experience/en-US

Early signup for playtesting at some point

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Sigh, its gonna be a battle royal game isn't it?

Through maybe its that winter survival mode from Div1 that every one liked into a full F2P game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

BexGu posted:

Sigh, its gonna be a battle royal game isn't it?
Through maybe its that winter survival mode from Div1 that every one liked into a full F2P game.
Supposedly they pitched something like that a while ago, even before TD2 maybe, but Ubi shot it down back then

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

BexGu posted:

NYC blizzard or bust for that mode, if you ask me. Survival with a larger map could be its own game, easily. Or, you know, just patch it into Division 2 and invest in some better cheat-proofing.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hopefully having a series x means better chance of getting in with lower playerbase maybe? Very concerned about it being free to play though because it will mean monetized cosmetics and there's already enough of them trying to do that in the full price games. My favorite thing is putting together functional outfits from the random poo poo I find so if they lower drop rates even more (or do away with random clothing drops entirely to make way for gacha money) I don't see myself enjoying it as much as Div 2.

Then again maybe it's going to be something wildly different from the main games anyway, who knows! :shrug:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Regardless of the specifics, nice to see that the overall IP still has life left in it.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

survival was easily the best division expansion and i will be mashing that download button if they make it a standalone with Heartland

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Zombies :pray:

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

There was one very outlandish leak from a few months ago that said this new expansion would be like a smaller-scope WONY: Takes place in a new city, with a raised level cap and story content. Sounds a little too ambitious, but maybe WONY did really well and they think they can repeat that success?

I can very easily see Heartland being Ubisoft's play for a modern warfare-like battle royale/survival game. It kinda has to be that, because they don't have one.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
My buddy and I were discussing a division game set in a Midwest city (we live in KC) would be a cool setting but that it would never happen.

Well, I’m pretty excited to have been proven wrong lol. Though this seems like it’s “rural” not a specific city. My guess is base building/survival elements to set up your own settlements maybe. Hopefully it’s not some BR thing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I don't think Ubi would go and make a second F2P BR game when they have Hyperscape.

Probably.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't think Ubi would go and make a second F2P BR game when they have Hyperscape.

Probably.

it's the other way around, Hyperscape is doing so badly they have decided to do the BR with an existing IP to get better marketing leverage/synergy

putting it into the Tom Clancy-verse also means all the cool crossover IP events can happen (plus gimmicks like they did with Wildlands vs. Predator etc)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I didn't play a lot of Div1 survival (resistance at the other hand...) but I'd play a Div2 survival.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
As long as they don't use the FC5 writers for it.

"Hey, DC needs your expertise! Take this chopper!"

<fade out>

"Well, hello, Agent, hope you don't mind getting drugged and extracted mid-air for my monologue... hahahah, of course you do! Good thing I don't care!"

<offscreen - five more faction bosses playing poker and waiting their turn for the same event but slightly different>

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Julius CSAR posted:

My buddy and I were discussing a division game set in a Midwest city (we live in KC) would be a cool setting but that it would never happen.

Well, I’m pretty excited to have been proven wrong lol. Though this seems like it’s “rural” not a specific city. My guess is base building/survival elements to set up your own settlements maybe. Hopefully it’s not some BR thing.

It's probably Division-flavored R6 Siege.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
A beta tester leaked about 20 min of Heartland gameplay and yeah its Division battle royale.

https://screenrant.com/division-heartland-gameplay-footage-leak-20-minutes/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It looks very much like division and also very much like it’s so loving early in development.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm glad there's some kind of PVE mode so I can at least explore and learn the map and all that. That's all I really wanted to know about it until the official reveal.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I'm not ashamed to admit that I really like the storyline of the Division. It's Tom Clancy I know but put myself through the entire Faye Lau manhunt solo just to see what happens. I even bought the New York Collapse book and the other Division book Broken Dawn.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

blackguy32 posted:

and the other Division book Broken Dawn.

Thanks for reminding me that this existed.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

BexGu posted:

A beta tester leaked about 20 min of Heartland gameplay and yeah its Division battle royale.

https://screenrant.com/division-heartland-gameplay-footage-leak-20-minutes/

I asked to have Survival back, and the monkey paw answered. Great.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
So right now this game is on sale on PSN and on the Epic game store, but not the Ubisoft store? I’d rather buy it through Ubisoft since epic makes it such a pain to install games not on the C drive, but not annoying enough to make wasn’t to pay an extra $50 for the complete edition. Unless there’s an easier way to transfer where games are saved besides the currently suggested install a little bit, pause install, backup file to real location and then reinstall, because my C drive is too full to even download the demo so it won’t let me get far enough for the officially supported method.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

V for Vegans posted:

So right now this game is on sale on PSN and on the Epic game store, but not the Ubisoft store? I’d rather buy it through Ubisoft since epic makes it such a pain to install games not on the C drive, but not annoying enough to make wasn’t to pay an extra $50 for the complete edition. Unless there’s an easier way to transfer where games are saved besides the currently suggested install a little bit, pause install, backup file to real location and then reinstall, because my C drive is too full to even download the demo so it won’t let me get far enough for the officially supported method.

I think buying it on Epic adds it to your Ubisoft account? There was a problem where buying Ubisoft games on Epic downloaded the game twice, once on Epic and once on Ubisoft, but I think that was fixed.

I’m not sure about either of those I’m afraid.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If you're not opposed to just waiting for it to be on sale again on the Uplay store, there's always that option. It was literally on sale for 70% a couple of weeks ago there and goes on sale all the time.

I'm sure they'll do another sale to boost player numbers when the new content gets announced.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Right now if you want to buy it you can't go wrong with the $13.99 Warlords of New York Ultimate Edition (sale + $10 epic coupon) that gives you EVERYTHING. Base Game, Expansion, Season Pass mission/unlocks, even the created once but never followed up with skill vanity. It is really, really worth it.

All you have to do is just download it once through Epic and you'll never use the Epic store launcher again. Just go straight to the Ubisoft launcher.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

BexGu posted:

Right now if you want to buy it you can't go wrong with the $13.99 Warlords of New York Ultimate Edition (sale + $10 epic coupon) that gives you EVERYTHING. Base Game, Expansion, Season Pass mission/unlocks, even the created once but never followed up with skill vanity. It is really, really worth it.

All you have to do is just download it once through Epic and you'll never use the Epic store launcher again. Just go straight to the Ubisoft launcher.

It’s less an issue of which launcher I use, and more just whichever launcher allows me to download the game not on my C drive which the Epic launcher does by default with seemingly no option to download elsewhere.

I’ll give it another try and if not, just wait for the next sale. It’s just funky that it’s on sale everywhere except for it’s native store

Edit: I’m an idiot and now have easily found a way to install the game to my other drive on the epic store. I think the initial install defaults to C but if you have a game claimed on your launcher but not downloaded, it then gives you a choice of download location when downloading a game.

V for Vegans fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 8, 2021

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Glad you found a workaround. Game is really worth it (I actually really like the extra season pass missions) and would have bought the Ultimate Edition after I got the Deluxe a year ago if that upgrade ever went on sale.

Still think its a real shame Ubisoft never did anything with the skill vanity slots.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Massive didn't show ANYTHING Division at Ubisoft Forward. I figured they didn't have much to show for the new Division content but I was hoping for something from the spin-off games.

However, did you all see the trailer for the Avatar game? They trailer didn't say anything about the gameplay so I'll reserve judgement until I see it. However, visually it looks amazing. It's next-gen only and whatever upgraded Snowdrop engine they're using is incredible. If it's a preview of what to expect from Division 3 and the new Star Wars game, I'm excited.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Snowdrop is a really pretty engine and I hope it finally brings us the performance that was promised by DX11/12.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I mean, they literally came out a week ahead of time to tell everybody that there would be no Division stuff shown at E3 so I don't get the surprise here.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1401932020461228035

Considering the extremely rough state of the leaked Heartland alpha, it's for the best.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

UnknownMercenary posted:

I mean, they literally came out a week ahead of time to tell everybody that there would be no Division stuff shown at E3 so I don't get the surprise here.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1401932020461228035

Considering the extremely rough state of the leaked Heartland alpha, it's for the best.

I did see that and I'm still surprised. I figured they'd have a little something even if it's just some poo poo for their mobile game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

All I care about is Div 2 content, Heartland, Division movie, and whatever the big future update for Breakpoint is so other than "Avatar game still exists" Forward was pretty useless for me

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being honest, I barely log in once a week to keep the clan going nowadays but whatever excuse would make me play more, like reused Div1 content or a few existing missions with tweaks... Dunno. Right now besides optimizing the last bunch of items (still find optimization too expensive), need some content to justify playing.

Hell, I'd even quick raids runs to try out all the builds I made since November but it's going to be impossible to get enough to log in for that.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I never even finished Faye's season and I played everything else thoroughly, so running the same content again isn't much incentive. If they brought back Div 1 missions or the DZ I'd be back in a flash.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I haven’t logged in since they started running the old seasons again. I have no desire to go through them again. My builds aren’t optimized but good enough to clear everything so I do not have the motivation to run poo poo dozens of times for an extra 3% efficiency. Just sitting here waiting for new content whenever that is.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
About the best thing with the seasons rerun is getting guaranteed Season loot, if you missed it the first time. I mean, now I have a full set of System Corruption to try out throw in my cache and ignore.

Douche McPMC season just started, I have one last mission before the first LT bounty.

Liberty Island.

:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boscoman
May 14, 2004

Eats like a meal...

Ygolonac posted:

Liberty Island.

:smithicide:

:respek:

Felt the same before having a strong Hunter's Fury build and the Scorpio.