Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

skaianDestiny posted:

That gets replaced by the season track rewards on level up. You'll get the proficiency caches again once you max out the season track.

Huh. Played all this time and never noticed before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

A game as unstable as D2 having a mode you can't rejoin in progress is just an insane move and bounced my entire crew off it almost instantly.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Descent is okay if

1) You don’t crash (although that hasn’t happened to for a while)

2) You don’t lose internet

3) You have a free hour (or more if you want to go past the Nemesis)

4) Play it once (or less) per week for the project

I actually think the general idea of its progression is something future Division games could build off of in some capacity but that wouldn’t be conducive to gear grinding so that’s a non-starter.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is there any decent guide for quick Descent runs? I just want to get the exotic

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
You wouldn't want to start this week, the talent pool is rear end.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There isn’t really a “quick” way it’s just a matter of getting the right talents and not loving up, especially early on. In general before the Nemesis I prioritize Hard and Medium rooms that give red talents and just stack as much damage as possible. Hard and medium rooms because they give the least Nemesis heat so you can be stronger for the Nemesis itself. Damage talents like Unhinged, Intimidate if you also get bonus armor talents along the way, Concussion, Composure, Pummel (still triggers if you have Bullet Hell) are all easy damage. The bleed/blind/fire damage talents in the Yellow talent pool are also good for non-Nemesis rooms. I take an armor increase at the end of every loop. I’ve found the best overall exotic talent to be Breathe Free since it’s not only a massive free damage boost it’s amplified damage so it amplifies all your talents at once.

If you want to go beyond the Nemesis just stick with easy or medium, given the option. Go long enough and all the rooms turn into Hard eventually and you’ll start getting rogue agents every 3 or 4 rooms.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Torquemada posted:

You wouldn't want to start this week, the talent pool is rear end.

The talent pool rotates every 3 days. Right now it's 'envy' which is pretty good.

In addition to what Kibyasu said, another thing for the Nemesis is to be aware of what skills you have, because the Nemesis can hack your skills if they're objects, and they'll have the same skills. Like, don't have the flame turret at all because they'll hack it if you use it, and they'll throw one at you, making things a pain in the rear end.

I like the sticky fire or explosive. Revive is good too. If you take that, the Nemesis gets a healing hive so you need to wait for them to move out of its radius before shooting (or you can shoot it, zap with EMP). The nemesis really isn't that hard.

I also really like Trauma paired with Blinded and Sadist because you can proc blind/bleed on the Nemesis and then get that bonus damage while you lay into the Nemesis.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Generally here are the talents I go for:

Red:
Pummel (Like most talents locked to specific weapons or weapon types, this talent is busted when available on anything)
Unhinged (Effects can be easily countered)
Surgical (+Crit, can be disregarded if Agonizing Bite is in the exotic rotation)
Rifleman (same as pummel, this is fun on ARs)
Up Close and Personal
Strained

Blue:
Preservation (Go for this *immediately* and level it up if you can)

Honestly the rest of the blue talents are whatever. If you have agonizing bite or a bunch of surgical stacks, Clutch can work. If you have a shield, shield talents are fine too- having 5 seconds of an invincible shield would be nice for the Nemesis.

Yellow:
Trauma (insanely clutch for bosses and nemesis)
Optimized (lets you counteract unhinged, makes most of the weapons far more tolerable)
Steady Handed (Great for again, countering unhinged and making efficient use of your weapons since ammo is very limited)
Status talents (sadist, ignited, etc)
Lucky Shot (Mag size, ammo efficiency)

Exotic talents just depend. Agonizing Bite on anything but a rifle/marksman rifle is hilariously good, as is Breathe Free. Incessant Chatter is pretty situational IMO and with the base weapons you have, reloading is agonizing without stacks of optimized. Bullet Hell is actually very good in this mode since reloading will get you killed much more than you think and the bonus ammo makes it efficient- it also works extremely well with Strained/Steady Handed/etc. Predatory Instincts (Chameleon talent) is marginal still IMO since while the flow of Descent works well with the buffs sticking between combat encounters you don't really want to be fooling around trying to keep them all active- it is however, insanely good WITH bullet hell.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks for all the tips! I'll give today Descent another go and slowly get the descentbux I need

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/RO5oNCn.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/NV4rwnq.gifv

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Well Tcherneko has been in that box for a long time.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m guessing manhunts have no story elements for the four bounties or whatever the hell they call them now.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

jabro posted:

I’m guessing manhunts have no story elements for the four bounties or whatever the hell they call them now.

95% of the story elements of missions are 'recover data we'll analyse later'. It's been five years, I could have done it on a loving slide rule by now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This week's manhunt is an absolute slog as in boring, not even a modified mission to finish it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah I've been playing a lot more just to try out all the old stuff that got buffed but the manhunt itself is just about the lowest effort we've ever seen. I mean you can write a narrative justification for not having audio logs but it seems to me like they couldn't afford to have the actors in for more seasons.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I mean I used to bitch about the nigh impossible bounties that were in some manhunt seasons but this is just zero effort all over. Clear 2 CPs and do 2 simple bounties, then Manny mumbles something you can’t make out and you don’t know what you’ve just discovered or how that’s moved you further on.

Pretty shoddy if you ask me.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Irrelevant bullshit every three weeks isn't a hardship thankfully, I can just pretend it's not there. More annoying is the upcoming apparel event, which is a repeat of the most recent one! Repeat one of the old ones, dummies!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

On the topic of bounties in general. I know it’s a limited map and what have you, but anyone else think it’s funny that bounties are always in the same areas. It’s like the marks are thinking the last dozen of our lieutenants were killed in this square, there’s no way the division comes back here looking for me. drat lemmings.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I know what you mean, although sometimes that helps, cos it’s a nice easy place like on the roof of the Native American museum and sometimes it’s in a fucker of a place like the roof of that hotel thing where you have to rope up right into the furball.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Has anyone replayed Div1 recently? I daydream about it every so often because I feel like the setting hit better (being from NYC myself :shobon: ), and I'd like to be able to do a successful run of Survival one day. Does it hold up even just as a 'trudge around the street and shoot baddies' kinda game?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Does the Warlords of NY stuff not do it for you? Or are you specifically looking for the Div 1 snowy feel.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Survival was an insane good game mode and frankly its nuts they never adapted it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Guillermus posted:

This week's manhunt is an absolute slog as in boring, not even a modified mission to finish it.

I think the manhunts all season are like this. CP—>bounty—>cp—>bounty—>bounty.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

bamhand posted:

Does the Warlords of NY stuff not do it for you? Or are you specifically looking for the Div 1 snowy feel.

Div1 snowy feel tbh.

My Div2 agent never felt as cool as my first Div1 agent

:allears:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Div 1 had better outfits as well. Loved those colourful jackets and cool hats.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think the manhunts all season are like this. CP—>bounty—>cp—>bounty—>bounty.

Main weekly objectives end in a bounty inside a modified existing mission but not this time. I know stranded tanker isn't the coolest mission but they could at least tried.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Main weekly objectives end in a bounty inside a modified existing mission but not this time. I know stranded tanker isn't the coolest mission but they could at least tried.

The Something Awful Forums->Discussion>Video Games>Division 2: Ubisoft Bucharest could have at least tried.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

The Something Awful Forums->Discussion>Video Games>Division 2: Ubisoft Bucharest could have at least tried.

:lmao:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/wimf2Fi.gifv

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Getting blown up by that thing is every new player's rite of passage.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I do it any chance I get.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Holy poo poo. The game is literally unplayable for me on PS5 after today's patch and maintenance.

No HUD, so I can't see the mission timers, my ammo, armor levels, skill cooldowns.

No loot spires and while the drops appear on the mini-map, I cannot pick up anything. I tried to do a propaganda broadcast mission and despite being right on top of the spot on the map, and the enemy the key drops from, I could not pick it up.

Also had the game crash while browsing my cosmetics.

edit: lol can't even respawn after death.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 9, 2024

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
now is the time to level up your tip of the spear gear

https://i.imgur.com/JpgK1CH.gifv

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
lol nice.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah they made the Hollywood GE fun as poo poo.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
If you're on the ball with spawn points you basically never stop exploding things because you don't run out of ammunition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

With a demo build you can basically spam the grenade launcher on anything (named are still resistant) and never run out of ammo.