Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
It’s absolutely more of the same except in summer in DC, with a trip to NY in the expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

kaesarsosei posted:

This is currently cheap on the UK PSN store so I was tempted to pick it up. I played the original a lot and liked it although I never really got into the end-game or PvP. I just mainly played slow and solo, except for when I had to do instances (or whatever they are called in Division).
Is the second game more of the same?
Is it still worth playing the base game or do I need the expansions?
- more of the same but better in every way
- you can only get to level 30 without the expansion, max is 40

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

After going through 3 sections I was thinking I probably bought the New York add-on needlessly on my second play through, but man the Financial District kinda delivers everything I was hoping for in this expansion pack.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

kaesarsosei posted:

This is currently cheap on the UK PSN store so I was tempted to pick it up. I played the original a lot and liked it although I never really got into the end-game or PvP. I just mainly played slow and solo, except for when I had to do instances (or whatever they are called in Division).

Is the second game more of the same?
Is it still worth playing the base game or do I need the expansions?
Does it run OK on a regular PS4?

It runs more than fine on a regular PS4. I haven't seen any weirdness or framedrops on my 5 year old box.

I'd suggest that you get the base game and wait until you've finished it before you get the expansion. The first 30 levels and endgame is a lot of content, and unless you blast through it in a week, it'll last you a good long while. And chances are the expansion will be on sale by the time you're ready to go to New York. Also, if the gameplay isn't fun you won't have wasted any money on content you're never gonna see.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

So everyone's guns are just a million times better than mine in conflict, there's no grouping lovely players with lovely players or whatever

vv hmm, ok, still the future then vv

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 20, 2020

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's not just guns, if that makes you feel better (it probably won't), pvp builds are an entirely different beast than just "equip well rolled rifle > win," there's a lot more to it

but as far as I know there isn't much or any SBMM, no.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The blinder fireflies crap out instantly, the foam doesnt lock people in place, the blinder lets npcs walk into cover, the firestarter is a suicide run and now the sendoff that I ground out even with the pass gets killed. I am glad I had to dig 4 pages to find this thread.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Patch notes are up.
Points of interest
* Previously mentioned Exotic Reconfiguration system is coming, some of the Exotics have been buffed.
Protip: Exotic crafting parts are being nerfed, you currently get 2 parts when you break down an exotic, after patch you'll only get 1 per item. If you haven't hit the cap of 20 exotic parts break down your trash duplicates now.
* Exotics dropped in normal difficulty gameplay have the same minimum rolls as Exotics dropped in Legendary.
* Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer are getting nerfed but down to 8% Armour Damage / Damage to targets out of cover so you can still keep on using them if you want.
* Hollow Man gets a nerf to 10% health damage.
* The Send Off loses Perfectly Rooted
* Assault Rifles can now have a maximum health damage of +21%
* True Patriot White Armour per second buff is being nerfed hard, 2% ( 3% with backpack ) down from 5%/8%. This upsets me mildly as the constant heal ticks from plagued enemies was the main attraction of the TP set for me.
* Pentagon & DARPA are getting their difficulties lowered
* Bunch of minor changes to NPCs including and not limited to, rogue agents are being made weaker, Tank's charge speed is being lowered, Signature weapons do increased damage to named enemies. Elites do reduced damage to player skills.
* Raid Gearset chest pieces and backpacks ( Aces & Eight, Negotiators Dilemma and Tip of the Spear ) will now be in the general Gearset loot pools and obtainable outside of the raid.
* Scoping now works from the shield ( Focus build nerf? )
* Lots and lots of minor fixes.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

The True Patriot nerf is baffling. It almost makes sense, almost, if it will finally heal your whole team, but I won’t be holding my breath. And even then it’d be needlessly lovely for solo play.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

M1A somehow came out untouched.

The biggest change of interest to me is that Elites should do less damage to agent deployed skills. Maybe the striker drone will be usable in heroic now, which would be fun.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Why in the hell does it take 61 electronics to upgrade my holster?
Is the strap made out of loving capacitors?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Frustrated posted:

The biggest change of interest to me is that Elites should do less damage to agent deployed skills. Maybe the striker drone will be usable in heroic now, which would be fun.

I found it kind of frustrating that red and purple enemies could shoot at my turret all day and not really do anything, but it would be smashed instantly if a yellow glanced at it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hyperactive posted:

The True Patriot nerf is baffling. It almost makes sense, almost, if it will finally heal your whole team, but I won’t be holding my breath. And even then it’d be needlessly lovely for solo play.

Definitely strikes me as a "this was too good for PVP" nerf.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The new Sawyer kneepads look good too. If someone in my group already had the Hyena mask on, I'd put those on instead.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

OgNar posted:

Wait till you need Ceramics to reroll a piece of gear or 5.

I was able to farm the DZ last night in relative peace. Managed to grab a Claws out holster and chest and knees of the Yahaal gearset. These changes just mean there will need to be workarounds. I'm not worried.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Wamdoodle posted:

Wait till you need Ceramics to reroll a piece of gear or 5.

I was able to farm the DZ last night in relative peace. Managed to grab a Claws out holster and chest and knees of the Yahaal gearset. These changes just mean there will need to be workarounds. I'm not worried.
Hey your Claws Out is being buffed to 400% Melee damage!
Time to make a punchy build I guess.

I don't know how I feel about the TP changes, I'm going to miss the heals and the backpack talent seems redundant, on the other hand as someone who's never taken part in the raid I can finally mess around with the Aces/Negotiators and Tip of the Spear so I guess I can try out some new builds. I have to admit that I've been dicking around with Skill builds of late anyhow so it's not a huge impact for me.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

The blinder fireflies crap out instantly, the foam doesnt lock people in place, the blinder lets npcs walk into cover, the firestarter is a suicide run and now the sendoff that I ground out even with the pass gets killed. I am glad I had to dig 4 pages to find this thread.

In today's episode of "Oh what fun it is to run a status build"

1) While aiming my firefly, I noticed the firefly icon started to flicker madly. Before I could even throw the firefly, it went on cooldown. Without me throwing it.

2) I've only noticed this in the last couple days, but tank classes (at least the ones with guns or even a grenade launcher) can still shoot accurately while blinded.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
"Fixed an issue causing Specialization Skill Mods to not scale correctly at level 40." - Wow they finally figured out that a mod given as part of a specialization shouldn't be a whole whopping +0.5% to what it buffs. Have to wonder how much of an improvement the fixed ones are gonna be (probably going to have to respec the branch they are on for each spec to get them).

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Why the gently caress did they get rid of the tp healing? It was like the only really viable tank set other than just a dedicated shield build precisely because of the self healing. Doesn't sound like they had time to squeeze in a fix for the white flag buff not healing teammates while they were busy nerfing a well balanced and fun set either.

I hope incoming repair mods are enough to make it useful.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

MREBoy posted:

"Fixed an issue causing Specialization Skill Mods to not scale correctly at level 40." - Wow they finally figured out that a mod given as part of a specialization shouldn't be a whole whopping +0.5% to what it buffs. Have to wonder how much of an improvement the fixed ones are gonna be (probably going to have to respec the branch they are on for each spec to get them).

Skill mods are all kinds of dumb right now. Don’t even start thinking about why % mods need to scale with anything in the first place. Skill mods need be reworked from square 1, at the very least they need to be like weapon mods where they’re just something you always have.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

OgNar posted:

Nanomachines son.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

OgNar posted:

You take one component from each circuit board and throw out the rest

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Bought the game and planning to start later today. I'm never going to be a serious min-maxer or heavily into raids or whatever the end-game content is, but is there anything I should know before I start that I might regret later?

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

kaesarsosei posted:

Bought the game and planning to start later today. I'm never going to be a serious min-maxer or heavily into raids or whatever the end-game content is, but is there anything I should know before I start that I might regret later?

Don't forget to have fun! ;I

Nah, pick gear and weapons so that numbers keep going up

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

kaesarsosei posted:

Don't worry about numbers until you're lvl40. While leveling, enjoy the missions and try to keep your gear the same level as you and enemies about your level. Take your time, explore if you want and learn the mechanics.

If you're going to level up solo (you can matchmake missions and I recommend it) get the reviver hive and an offensive skill like striker drone or turret to keep enemies busy with something else than your rear end. If you got more questions :justpost:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Frustrated posted:

Stealth nerfed by ~40%

You can put Division 2 down for another game that doesn't have complete/accurate patchnotes.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Infected posted:

Stealth nerfed by ~40%

You can put Division 2 down for another game that doesn't have complete/accurate patchnotes.

I don't know why they thought they could get away with this. I'd be laughing at the cowardly nature of this but the joke's on us.

Edit: Mind you, the nerf was justified, but combined with their other (justified in isolation) Best-In-Slot nerfs without any other tuning this is gonna hurt for heroic play.

Olds fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 21, 2020

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

But everyone and their cat was using the baker's dozen.

quick edit: it still does a poo poo ton of damage, just not in the million without crits + headshot.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Bleusilences posted:

But everyone and their cat was using the baker's dozen.

quick edit: it still does a poo poo ton of damage, just not in the million without crits + headshot.

Baker's dozen was less optimal once you got better ones, like with Boomerang or the big swag Rifleman. The guys who were doing 18 minute Legendary DUA runs could with a team full of buffs hit 18 million damage headshots with Rifleman M1As. Like I said, in isolation the M1A classic nerf was justified.

Edit: Doing a cp4 test it definitely feels like the M1A got the m60 treatment. Guess I'll be switching to the mk17 for the time being.

Olds fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 21, 2020

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I was farming Coney Island for the Set Pieces (I finally got my TP set!) and these groups were all seemingly running the same No Minimap+Increased Armor mods on Challenging and it was an absolute slog. I was definitely a weak link in the group, but even the higher SHD guys were sucking wind and dying a lot.

Finally got into a group just running vanilla Challenging and we were done in 20min. I never realized how drastic those modifiers are.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

robotsinmyhead posted:

I was farming Coney Island for the Set Pieces (I finally got my TP set!) and these groups were all seemingly running the same No Minimap+Increased Armor mods on Challenging and it was an absolute slog. I was definitely a weak link in the group, but even the higher SHD guys were sucking wind and dying a lot.

Finally got into a group just running vanilla Challenging and we were done in 20min. I never realized how drastic those modifiers are.

Ugh, I dropped into someone's world map and it they had directives set for the WHOLE thing and it was annoying. I think it was all of them.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Let's talk something I bit more positive: I love the fact that you can reroll exotic now. I got a little bit too greedy though and reroll one gun that had 2 max roll and one mediocre one(straight in the middle), I rerolled it and got not even one max roll :(, at least I got 3 roll at 75-80%. And the hyena mask with 2 max roll and one 90% however :). I love that mask.

edit: I am toward the high end toward crit and crit damage but no bonus for rifle and I still could headshot an elit for 1.1 million with crit.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 21, 2020

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Bleusilences posted:

Let's talk something I bit more positive: I love the fact that you can reroll exotic now. I got a little bit too greedy though and reroll one gun that had 2 max roll and one mediocre one(straight in the middle), I rerolled it and got not even one max roll :(, at least I got 3 roll at 75-80%. And the hyena mask with 2 max roll and one 90% however :). I love that mask.

edit: I am toward the high end toward crit and crit damage but no bonus for rifle and I still could headshot an elit for 1.1 million with crit.

I went from hitting around 3.2 million headshots to 1.7 million headshots on the M1a, so a pretty steep decrease. Exotic reroll is good and at least I'll have close to full power Bullet King and Diamondback to test.

With some hasty reconfiguration I can hit 2.5 million headshots with the mk17 but I had to go all in red to do so. Diamondback with snakebite procced seems to hit around 5+ million, which has some potential but only have 5 bullets to the magazine. Bulletking definitely hits harder now.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I wished the 1886 had more bullets. Lever action rifles 4 lyfe

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Infected posted:

Stealth nerfed by ~40%

Ugh. Details? What did they hit on it?

Also any recommends for replacement weapons at this point?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also any recommends for replacement weapons at this point?

Another game

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I can hear the M1A in my sleep so good riddance

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
Biggest bug discovered so far: when you hit target allocation on the map it makes this terrible 'boop' noise. Please fix ASAP.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ready for transpo to Kenley College

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Aaaand they hosed something up. Time to patch the patch.