Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Finally hit level 40 and knocked off all the main missions.

Faye became the gosh darn Joker!! lol, what a stupid twist.

Now I need to start farming stuff again. Incidentally- skill mods seem insanely loving weak unless I'm missing something. I guess they didn't want to just remove them totally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So far it feels like approaching D1 levels of bullet-sponge for yellowbars. Which sucks.

Skill mods seem almost like flavor now because it's clear they gave up on figuring out how to make skillpower work so skill tiers is pretty much 99% of how effective your skills are. The content itself is pretty good but clearly designed from a "Okay how do we prevent you from easily destroying this like you did before". Enemy groupings are more spread out so you can't do stuff like instagibbing whole waves of elites with concentrated seeker spam when they spawn, they love placing you in places where hive can't hit anything and you're fighting at long range, etc.

They flat out hosed up on NPC damage. No amount of armor makes any difference- you just get instantly shredded out of cover. The minigun was always a suicide button even when everything was broken in our favor but it doubly so is now outside of one case which is fighting Riker heavies provided other enemies aren't firing on you.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
On a casual play level it's kinda silly. On challenging yellowbar healer lunchboxes have a shitzillion HP when they're NOT throwing them INSIDE geometry so you almost can't shoot them. Running out of ammo multiple times as a gunner spec trying to kill a single boss heavy with a full group is interesting too.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Roman posted:

I preferred the robodogs' death EMP to them running around everywhere at 500 miles an hour.

And I still insist that the player's "attacks leave you with 1 point of HP so you don't get one shotted and have some time to get to cover" is also applying to the NPCs. There's just way too many times where I get them to a sliver, sometimes very quickly, and suddenly that sliver will just not go away no matter what.
I wanna say this was happening all the time to me too. Everything would get down to 1HP then just somehow barely survive long enough to get into cover.

I'm waiting to see if they make any adjustments to enemy AI and make them a smidge less spongy- like that 1HP thing.

The AI is really a problem. I hated yellowbar warhounds more than anything in the game and they only made them worse because with the hyperaggresive enemy AI they literally just run right over the top of you- and that's before you get to the minigun hounds and the fact it seems really difficult to break their armor now. I had a looonnnng challenging invaded run on the former Hyena stronghold and I ended up dumping my seekers for a mostly unmodified shock trap because I could CC the clusterfucks of warhounds when they came out long enough for the team to spam them down. It also stopped regular enemies from just running straight up to our faces. It wasn't very fun.

I don't really have a "build" though other than just running 4-piece Hard Wired and 6 skill tier as a gunner. The minigun was always a suicide button but it may as well not even be in the game. I have unbreakable, and with the bonus armor from an armor kit + bonus armor from a full minigun I have been shredded 100% -> Unbreakable Proc -> Dead in quite literally 1 second by 2 enemies.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 10, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't got the set but a couple random people I grouped with said you can get stacks from shooting dead bodies too.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I still get a crash almost every session I play.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Polarity Shift sucks and is annoying, so I turned it off.

I had a lovely 4/4 hardwired/BTSU glove build which was fun but my guns did basically no damage. I just equipped a bunch of straight damage high-end gear with any decent rolls on damage/crit chance/crit damage and some set bonuses for SMG damage/Crit, and a pretty much perfectly rolled banshee. I kill stuff a lot easier now but it's really boring tbh.

I do really appreciate the new recalibration system and gear system though for making it pretty painless to throw something together. It would've been really loving annoying otherwise- being able to see if a piece of gear is good or not instantly really is a godsend.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Bold Robot posted:

I'm working on the Neptune manhunt and need to do bounties in a couple of the areas. How can I get bounties in a given area? Do I just need to matchmake bounties for a while and hope I get one in West End or Foggy Bottom?
Just go to the bounties tab on your map, then pick a bounty in the area you need to go to. You have the option to take a bounty AND matchmake for it at the same time if you wish.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
as it turns out you don't get a checkpoint on the final boss in heroic pentagon. That kinda sucks!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I normally don't find many exotics because I don't mess much with Heroic/Legendary, but finishing up the Hyena bounty league stuff I got 3 Chameleons (all poorly rolled) and a Sweet Dreams in the space of 20 minutes. :pwn:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I tried the crusader shield/M1A thing and discovered I'm really bad with rifles so I guess the meta build isn't for me. Kind of a bummer since my current one just doesn't work.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I get invited to join on RuneMF for the last boss of legendary Arena and get carried to a Big Horn in the space of like 5 minutes. I didn't know people wanted it? I recall watching a few videos where people said it was neat but not that good.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 17, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
DARPA labs loving sucks.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Agreed. Played it again with a friend for the manhunt and I'd be glad if I never have to revisit it again.

Wamdoodle posted:

It's pretty brutal. The part where you get ambushed with jammers is rough because there's little cover, the warhounds can flank too easily, AND there's a heavy gunner too.

I'm trying to think of any other mission that throws as much poo poo at you at once and boxes you in as hard. The Zoo invaded or otherwise is terrible but I felt like I had options as to where I could go where the arena at the end of DARPA labs basically has no great places to fight from even discounting the goddamn mortars.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm not sure why they seem so dead set on making the enemies spongy to the point that for it to not feel like poo poo you have to run full glass cannon. Who loving cares if the game is easier if it encourages more build variety?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The way CC works is definitely weird and hosed up. Disorient/Riot Foam are the only CC that feel like they work right. Enemies flinch then stagger slowly in a random direction for disorient, and foam locks them in place.

Blind feels like all it does is prevent enemies from using skills, and their movement AI moves like normal. So a dude will get blinded and after the initial flinch will literally just move like they aren't blinded and their AI is working normally except they don't use skills or shoot (generally). You get that poo poo someone mentioned where you'll blind a full group of guys and they'll just run around vaulting over everything to flank your group while screaming that they can't see. The AI also behaves hilariously when you can abuse its ninja-like ability to instantly dodge out of grenades/CC/AOEs. If you blanket all available cover in high-tier corrosive spam you can get NPCS to literally spend the entire time rolling from corrosive cloud to corrosive cloud.

I think each CC should invoke more distinct/specific AI behavior. Foam is just actual hard CC on a timer, disorient makes them stagger in a random direction slowly (being easy to hit, since disorient does no damage itself), fire makes them run in a random direction QUICKLY (thus making them a bit harder to hit since you're getting the benefit of it doing damage too), and I think Blind should do something like force the AI to retreat relative to the position of you and your group. If you're going to have multiple kinds of CC in a game they probably should have different strategic uses too instead of just different durations/animations and a DOT maybe. Use blinds to push back aggressive enemies like heavies/rogue agents/rushers, fire to scatter enemies out of cover, disorient to slow big groups, foam to just turn individual or tightly clumped enemies into bullet backstops temporarily, etc.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 23, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Olds posted:

Rogue encounters are very binary. Either you have a dedicated foam/blinder and jammer guy (hopefully a guy who recognizes the rogue music and switches) who shuts the rogues down with ease, or you don't and you battle endless skill spam. As a solo player I find my heavy blue tank builds will take on 2 rogues quite easily, though it'll take time to whittle their health down.
I was trying to do a league run in Coney Island and got a rogue group with pubbies, but since 3 of us were running the M1A Classic/Baker's Dozen build we were able to obliterate 2 of the rogues before they could get their endless skill spam spooled up. If you can get rid of a couple of them right off it's far easier. Coney Island's league timer seems to be poorly chosen because even with us spending a while loving around with rogues we made Stage 10 by several minutes. They still last a comically long amount of time as a non-tank enemy with 3 loving people shooting them in the head non-stop with a full red build and the most busted gun in the game currently.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The thing that sucks about Kajika is that the upper level of the boss arena is just far away enough and at bad enough angles that it's difficult to land shots from LMGs and even ARs to a degree which gets obnoxious when you're trying to destroy skill proxies like the stupid goo launchers.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I didn't think Obliterate was that bad when I was doing gunner/LMG because in most fights I can (usually) plant and hold M1. It seemed like once it got spooled up it was really good, particularly against any big clusters of NPCs.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Manhunt Roosevelt was pretty cool IMO. Jupiter is a complete chump though because the last fight kinda makes you play it safe a bit and whittle down all the adds first. I was with pubbies and we had killed pretty much everything by the time we broke the EMP and made her spawn, so she went down in like 3 seconds after spawning.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Black Tusk versions of the New York missions sound likely.

Granted I have to wonder where their resources are coming from after we completely decimated their upper ranks. I think we've killed the entire nabbed named squad that spots you at the start of the game in an echo. Nevermind the two razorback modules and two hovercrafts we cleared out.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Looking at the mobile game its literally gun waifus. I guess it fits.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose Oquendo posted:

500 loving headshots? Really???
Go to normal, switch to a M1A Classic/Baker's Dozen, use Crusader Shield and just walk around the map one-shotting True Sons.

I like the patch notes but I still feel like the gear sets are a bit underwhelming. Since you only get two talents from defensive gear they need to be really loving good and stuff like Focus/Glass Cannon are just way too straightforwardly useful compared to the cool but conditional stuff. And that's before you get into some of them requiring the chest/backpack set talent upgrades to be legit good.

I walk out and shoot people in the face and do more damage will always be better than "Okay if you do the chicken dance emote and are within 15m of another player you get a 850% damage boost against enemies that aren't targeting you".

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Psion posted:

There's room for both in the game for people who are okay with setting up for conditionally high damage output and people who prefer always-on. Like you I'm lazy and I just want big number, but if you think about it even the standard high DPS builds are full of conditionals, too - is the enemy out of cover, do they have armor, are you scoped in for more than whatever seconds for Focus, have you been shot in the last 4 seconds for Vigilance, are you in cover for whatever that talent is, whatever.

they're easy conditions to meet, but some of these gearset ones look pretty straightforward too. Might be more compelling than it sounds at first glance.
The catch is that most of those conditions are met by simply playing the game. You want to be in cover, you want to be scoped up with an MMR/Rifle, you don't want to be getting shot, etc.

That set with the repair bonus for people around you seems really good (120% of your heal with the backpack talent I think) but requires you be stacked up, which isn't something you can count on with pubbies or even friends depending on the mission. Fire is a good status effect not because of the damage but because of the CC effect, bleed is more of a convenience since it seems to help finish off that last 1% of health enemies seem to be able to cling to, etc. But unless all these bonuses to status effects boost the damage to the point they're competitive with just...shooting the loving guys in the head some more it's all just flavor. Also you can't bleed/burn/poison drones, minitanks, or warhounds- the latter of which is one of the most deadly enemies in the game. Doing more shooty damage will always be superior on average because of this.

Unless the idea is to carry 4-5 different gear sets on you at all times. I.e. a 6-red DPS build, CC/Healer bot variants (like a pulse-jammer build to dunk on Black Tusk), etc.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Tier 6 and overcharged decoys seem pretty good now that I'm playing around with them in heroic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It looks like that tank set is pretty busted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21n8NEf44E8

Trying to figure out the math where it basically becomes that invincible. I figured even with 60% damage being returned over 6 seconds you could get overwhelmed from direct fire from 3+ enemies but this is like Div1 levels of invincibility.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hunter fights were really funny in Div 1 on Legendary. The ballistic shield had a zillion HP with a full set of confidential frontline, to the point I could facetank basically a platoon of elites even without healing. Hunter melee took off something like 1/8th of my shield's HP every time he hit it, which would kill any regular player 10 times over because hunters know the Hokuto Shinken apparently.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Blind still works so if guardians go hide I just firefly the invincible guys and rush down the guardian.

I guess some exotics are getting buffs which is cool- Chameleon might be good for more than just running out of ammo after killing 3 guys, and the Big Horn might be more than just a "I am very lucky" badge (this is what mine is).

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Chameleon feels like it would be fun if it didn't fire nerf darts. The big problem with it is a combination of bad accuracy, super low base damage, and how many hits it takes to proc it's talents.

You should start at the legs to get the reload buff which you can I think get in one mag if 90% of your shots hit legs (which requires being close), then you go to chest/head. But in most cases you've dumped ~3-5 mags with 50 or so bullets apiece to get the gun doing something resembling respectable damage.

The bighorn feels bad in AR mode because it's clear they just set the first bullet per trigger pull to have huge muzzle climb- including AR mode. It also doesn't do nearly enough damage.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Nerfing CC because of legendaries when you're not really doing much to make players more durable or enemies do less damage overall seems like kind of a mistake imo

The reason people ran CC is because "playing correctly" gets you shredded instantly.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I remembered that we can reroll exotics just this last week because I have no object permanence and I had capped out on exotic components. Rerolled a few of my badly-rolled exotics to godrolls, including my Acosta's Go Bag and have been using it with 4-piece Hard Wired to be able to spam overcharged skills and it's pretty fun.

Being able to spam overcharged jammer pulse pretty much has let me dunk on Heroic Rogue pulls with pubbies, which is pretty satisfying because my early experiences with Rogue Agent pulls wasn't good. Not so tough when you can't throw out 500 loving turrets and drones all at once are ya, assholes? Uninvaded heroic missions are unironically tougher than invaded with this setup because the Black Tusk rely so heavily on their toys and loving warhounds. Goddamn that robodog murder room in the Federal Emergency Bunker was satisfying.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New patch is good.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
GoBag is good and fun but I wouldn't say it's super powerful. Overcharge I like for my heal-hive/EMP Pulse loadout because overcharge EMP pulse will hit the entirety of basically any arena which is actually really helpful, and overcharge benefits your hive by either making it heal super fast or regain charges super fast.

Overcharge Sniper Turret is really strong too IMO, it fires ridiculously fast overcharged.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 22, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Is it me or is Legendary Roosevelt Island tuned far, far, far harder than the other two Legendary Strongholds?

I mean, it seemed absolutely ridiculous.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Eclipse Protocol is half pointless in groups unless you're the only person running it, and I had like a half-dozen groups where every single person in the party was running it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Four-Eyes posted:

Sorry to double post, but the servers just came up. The new time trial league is now Hard missions, with a single Challenging one.

I might be able to earn more than 30 stages in one week now. :v:

Edit: Bank, Federal Bunker, White Oak and Manning Zoo. Skill kills and enemies burned.
lol, it's not like the heroics were a bad idea- it's just they picked the most obnoxious ones. Like, of all the missions to make you speed run they picked Heroic DARPA labs last time??

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh ew, legit puzzle boss.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Four-Eyes posted:

You guys better mean its a Tower of Hanoi boss.
I'm working so I only watched a bit of it, but it may be tower of hanoi + some swap mechanics. Something about multiple water pressure stations, a control room that needs to regularly be turned back on by two people timing a lever pull together, and other stuff.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Four-Eyes posted:

Oh gently caress me I didn't think they'd actually make a ToH boss, ahaha. Wonder if Bioware were involved.
The raid team I watched a bit of wasn't fed the mechanics like whomever probably got the world first if anyone got it yet, so they were puzzling over it all. There's a lot of poo poo you can see during the fight but it's not clear how much matters so far.

Unless they just went apeshit on its mechanics, it'll get broken down to the level of "okay these two guys do the mentally difficult stuff, these two hit a button every minute or so, everyone else just shoots people"- and that's provided there's no hilarious brute force solution where you only do the mechanic right once and just have everyone gun the boss 100%-0% so fast the encounter can't play out normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So far I have seen two different encounters in the raid and both seem like awful WoW raid mechanic stuff I hate