Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

CJacobs posted:

Oh interesting, they've changed the early-game flow somewhat since my last new character. Looks like they rearranged the first ~5 levels or so. Before it went Grand Washington Hotel (lvl 2) -> unlock SHD tech, safehouses, side missions, second special ability -> do some side stuff to level up -> Jefferson Trade Center (lvl 5). Now you don't get any of that stuff until after Jefferson Trade Center, which is now level 3. I wonder why they changed that, it flows so much worse this way. Now there's just a random part of the early game where the whole city is open to you but there's nothing to do in it because you haven't unlocked side missions and stuff yet.

I checked out the Theater safe house, did Jefferson, then went and picked up a couple of SHD caches. Now I'm level 5 and rocking an original M1. gently caress spray and pray, I can reliably get actual headshots with the M1.

The flow seems ok to me coming at it fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Shoren posted:

I need to get my hands on a classic M1A.

Assuming it scales properly at your level, the M1A is a sweet weapon. Instead of spray and pray with an automatic weapon or even bursts, you can take aimed shots that drop targets in a few hits. I'm going with that gun as primary and a drum-fed semi-auto shotgun (I forget which) for 'close encounters'.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Shoren posted:

At the very least they'll nerf the classic M1A hard to punish us for actually making the game bearable on Heroic. Even more than the damage you can dish out with it, I just love the sound the classic M1A makes. It just has a powerful sound to go with it.

You shoot someone with the M1A, they stay shot.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I'm the idiot who decided they wanted to do the DC content and started at level one to do it. I just hit level 13 by liberating the East Mall and it was a beautiful run. I started by picking up an easy-to-reach SHD cache, then there was a public execution to clear up, then I was right by another cache... One activity just led directly to the next in a really seamless progression until I had the CP resupplied, did my third activity, and helloooo level boss.

I expect I got lucky, but that was a really sweet 90-120 minutes of gameplay. Those True Sons SOBs are sorry I ever came to DC. Please come to San Francisco for Division 3. The old US Mint would be a perfect base of operations, it's cool looking and pretty centrally located.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Cruising along in DC single-player....

Oh cool, I am a bad enough chick to save the president !

Ok, now I'm really glad I didn't skip the DC content, that was rad.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

texting my ex posted:

I got the base game for free and have been playing it the past few days. Got to level 14 so far, am I wasting my time not playing the expansion already? I like it, but not enough to make a decision just yet about spending money on this

There's some good missions coming up, don't feel at all silly for starting with the low-level DC content. The map will open up a lot more soon.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Why do they actively make everything less fun

They already have your money.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

I soloed everything up until Keener with +6 skill, heal hive, standard turret, and rifles. I had a hard time dealing with him being able to hack my skills though. I ended up swapping out the hive for riot foam and gooping him up as soon as he jumped down, then planting a turret at his feet and unloading with my rifle. He died nearly instantly.

Well played ! That's a good "gently caress you" to a troublesome boss.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I'm just finishing up DC, and haven't seen an M1A drop since lvl 22. So I rock a Mark 17, which at least has a decent ammo capacity.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Torquemada posted:

Excellent read, thanks.

That's really depressing. Read it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

W00t ! World Tier 1 motherfuckers.

I'm still having fun in DC and now there's even more stuff to do against a whole new set of enemies.

Should I go through the WT levels or bail out to NYC and Warlords ?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

I would say this game is def worth $10 even for the base game

Concur, the single player experience through level 30 and into World Tiers is easily worth :10bux:.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

I just started playing this game recently, can someone give me a hint on how to find SHD caches in Warlords?

I can find them on the map easy enough but I'm having a hard time finding my way up to them, wherever they are. I found one where I needed to shoot down a hook then rappel up, but I'm not seeing similar hooks for other ones. I don't want to watch videos and spoil it but I'm wondering what kinds of things I'm looking for to get started :shrug:

Based on experience solely in DC, look for doors where you need to find a spot to shoot the lock.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Or the "shoot this one electrical box, go stand where the graffiti says "smile and wave", and smile and wave, then a door opens" bullshit from the marina in DC.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I'm hoping for Division 3 to go West and be set in San Francisco. We've got the potential for some amazing set-pieces; Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, the Old Mint, all the irregular nooks and crannies in SoMa, multiple college campuses. To say nothing of neighborhoods familiar to me.

Everyone should be hoping for a hometown edition.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

zoux posted:

Lemme put it this way, if you had a brand new account, and knowing everything you know now, would you boost to 30 straight off or would you finish all the DC stuff first?

I'm not regretting going through the DC content first. You get to see a lot of landmarks all wrecked post-apocalypse style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Dakka, more dakka! :hmmorks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F6u5TIUbI