Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Lazyhound posted:

Someone posted in the previous thread that the new patch stopped working on older processors lacking SSE 4.2 and AVX instructions. It turns out that’s wrong, AVX doesn’t matter.

Weird, that's what support has been telling people. Do you mean that only SSE 4.2 matters or it's something else entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
OK, Mall Security PC clan is a ghost town, who's got a few spots open for me and a couple friends?

edit: pi hard incoming :getin:

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 29, 2020

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

Hyperactive posted:

Does the game become unplayable solo at World Tier 2? Everywhere I go, any encounter on the map, no matter how trivial, always escalates to swarms of baddies coming from every direction with bulletproof robot backup. Also a stiff breeze removes my armor.

Not at all in my experience. Make sure you're constantly updating your gear, and to make things easier consider an assault drone or turret so it gives the enemy multiple things to focus on.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
This Carbine 7 with extended mag and Overflowing is just absurd. It's hard to remember not to do Call of Duty reloads but boy is it fun. It's like an LMG with half the reload time.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
Ahhhhh, hello WT5. Made it just in time.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
For anyone wondering, I just bought the expansion right in the game launcher (in the US) and the 20% off code you get with ubisoft points worked despite claiming it doesn't work on pre-orders. I know I tried it once before and it didn't work, so uhh try again I guess?

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

Sipher posted:

Thanks. So if I play through the missions at story difficulty for the content, then boost, it'll boost me to world tier 5 and then I start the expansion content?

If you play through story missions then you'll get to WT5 in no time just by virtue of doing that.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
the final boss is the server operators, we're fighting them as we speak

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
I didn't realize that if you go to NYC you get stuck there until you're level 40.

gently caress IT HERE WE GO

edit: uhhhh, so it might be a bit bugged out. I didn't go to NYC through the NYC pilot, but I went to Coney Island through the normal pilot that takes you to Kenly/Pentagon/etc.

Restarted the game and it seems better now.

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 2, 2020

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
oof this first fight is running like dogshit

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
can't believe the cleaners found this thread, wow

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
Note to self: Coney Island, while indeed in NYC, is not part of the expansion.

Was real confused when the map was real tiny and it had a "return to DC" option.

So if I join the game of somebody who's in NYC but I haven't gone there yet in my game, does that also lock my personal game to NYC until I hit 40? I assume that's the case but wanna verify since I have a couple friends that don't have it yet.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
Turns out the crashes I thought were TD2's fault were actually my video card's dying yelps. Hopefully nVidia has an advance RMA program.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
After my GPU killed itself, I spun up the free trial of Geforce Now streaming and I've got to say I'm impressed. I expected it to be completely unusable but it's been pretty passable so far. It's capped at 1080p and 50fps on max settings but it definitely feels like it's under 50 which hurts coming from 100hz, but the input lag is nearly nonexistent. There is a "competitive" mode that should make it even better at the cost of detail but for general playing I didn't have a need to flip it on.

It's definitely better than not being able to play until my replacement card gets here. Fuckin' nVidia doesn't have any kind of advance RMA program available which sucks.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What kind of card did you have that failed?

2080 Ti FE, preorder straight from their website.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

Stanley Pain posted:

Didn't those end up having a bunch of problems? I thought NV was replacing them for folks affected.

Honestly I must have been lucky, it's been rock solid since I got it. I saw after I went looking that there seemed to be a lot of mentions of coil whine but I never experienced it. Gonna be pissed if the replacement has it though.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
i too am mad that i cannot solo the game on the hardest difficulty, it must be broken

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

Qmass posted:

reloading is for peasants

jesus christ i want this

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I've discovered that the most fun I have in this game is just wandering around the open world in NY climbing to rooftops and running into random named spawns

Couldn't agree more. I was on with a couple friends and we probably spent half an hour running around on rooftops finding gear/SHD cases and eventually went "wait, weren't we going to a mission?" It was real fun in a way that DC doesn't seem to capture.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

Quill posted:

The Reviver Hive sends its regards.

Broken since pre-release, into infinity and beyond!

How's the revive hive broken? I used it a bunch when soloing the early game and don't recall having an issue, is it something to do when thrown to get another player up?

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
Oh, I was just about to ask about exotic upgrades. I miss my Chameleon :(

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
I mean, if you ground out a perfect gear stat and god rolls on everything then yeah, of course poo poo's gonna get boring for a while. If you're literally anything else then the game is fun.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

tweet my meat posted:

but I think most people in the community blow it way out of proportion because they want to run all red glass cannons and be durable too

There's so much of this type of attitude it absolutely kills me. I don't know if it's inherent to all looter-shooters or just TD2 because it's the only one I play, but every change is 100% a crisis if it means the absolute most powerful broken build is brought back from the brink of being an exploit.

Olds posted:

On my wishlist of things for this game is a proper ping system. There's nothing quite like the frustration of tanking a Cleaner tank while 3 DPS players wail away fruitlessly at him, and the whole time I'm screaming in my head "SHOOT THE SMALL TANK ON THE BACK"

A ping system would definitely be great, but I'd bet the response would be "just run pulse!" Which actually begs the question, if I run pulse and it highlights weak spots/etc, does it mark for everyone in my group or just me? I never thought to ask.

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
If you're still having fun in DC then keep kicking it through the tiers.