Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Stupid question I suspect I know the answer to already: WoNY expansion on sale at EGS for half price, it'll just activate through UbiLauncher, correct?

(Watching some Div2 videos recently, and now I want to go from Cowboy Action to... well, getting me that levergun and going all Cowboy Tactical.

Also gently caress you Ubi - defaulting the max download speed to 5 MB/sec. Allowing me to set to 200 MB/sec (on a 600 MB/sec pipe. And then only feeding max 65 MB/sec.

Binary-trigger gimme AK is amusing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you own Division 2 through EGS, you buy the expansion through EGS. Otherwise you have to buy it through Uplay to get it properly added to your account.

Kibayasu posted:

Iím actually not sure. I thought I read something about EGS versions being separate from other versions. Like if you bought the base version on the Ubisoft store and then bought the expansion on EGS they wouldnít link together.

Bah, that's what I was afraid of. Think it was Mafia 3 or something that was like that, too - couldn't just get the DLC via Green man on sale, had to buy it at $list price via wherever I got the original game from.

If I piss away most of my UbiBux I can get like six bucks off, though, wheeee!

Late edit: Googling about, I'm finding reports that you can link your Ubi/Epic accounts and poo poo will work, but I suspect I can't just buy the expansion alone since I don't have the base game from EGS.

So, $20 instead of $15.

I'd pull the trigger, but from home because I have Shiternet wifi here at work, and game stuff is blocked on the desktop.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 22, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Welp, Ubi's Div2 took the EGS WoNY expansion just fine, although yeah, I did have to buy the WoNY version of the base game.

Cleared the first real story mission (hostage from the Theater settlement), only died once on boss-level. (I should look at my keybinds, see where my medkit is. ) Second death of the game was lootin'n'scootin' along the streets back to the White House, south of the Theater and near some control point, ran into way too many Hyenas Jackals assholes (see previous medkit comment). Respawn, went back (even though there was no loot to collect) and...

...oh look, about twelve hostiles heading my way. Including an elite (or so I'm assuming - heavy armor, grenade launcher, bullet sponge, gold HUD marker), who was killed off without dropping anything.

More wandering around found me a construction site to take over, a PA system to steal from some rear end in a top hat, and finally, a Public Execution just southeast from the WH. Which I guess I completed, I did kill all the enemies, and got a mission loot chest, but I couldn't jackdaw *everything*. Shows components on the HUD/map, which appear to be up with the antennae/sat dishes on the roof, but no way to get up there? No ladders/ropes/stairs, there's a manlift on one side of the building, but no indicator to activate. (Southeast of the WH, south of Sherman Park, in the triangle of E St NW and Ellipse Rd NW.)

Getting back in the flow of full tactical murder, havin' fun. Need to find more restock crates, though, couldn't find one at the Theater - maybe I have to progress/improve them some more?

Hit level 3 near the end of the Grand Hotel, and 4 doing the Execution. Starting to loot better (branded) items is nice, but drat I wish I could find matching bits.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Oh, totally forgot, about a block east of the WH, ran into a patrol of three LMB-looking assholes, they popped red on my HUD so I MPX'd them out. Didn't get close enough for any audio, though, and IIRC all they dropped was ammo, if that.

Also forgot that I found a Revolutionary War sword leaving the WH for the first time, but the game treats it like a collectable. Which is bullshit, I should be able to whip that out on on these drugged-up chargers. EN GARDE, FUCKOS!

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

And again I grind out encounters and missions until the last minutes before servers go down. Really should have dropped earlier and eaten something, I think.

"Oh hey guess I should complete that last thing to recruit wossname for the BOO so I can craft... blue poo poo that's not as good as the named branded green things. Huh. Oh, and turn on the Project stuff, hmmm instantly complete one, finish capturing one control point for another oh that opens up a manhunt back at the place I cleared for SHD loot already, go get a reward at the Theater and find more poo poo to do - MLK Library looks OK, clear that, gently caress around a bit more and finally quit."

Two Stoner drops/loots in the streets, and one from a Hyena Jackal Meth Monkey box. Too bad the cans are locked, I'd rip one off for Ruthless.

Did get some purple kneepads off the final boss at the Cranes control point.

Oh, and I figured out that Components thing - that's just the area marker, I did loot the place blind. Same thing happened to me in Div1, kept searching all over the one location for that last bunch of tools.

Found a crystal skull, but no Indy in a refrigerator 0/10 would not Wild Wasteland again.

Other weapons I've snagged: Remington M700, Urban MDR, M-60. SIG AR and an ACR, yeah whatever, but it's back to Big Pig time, especially if I get nicer high-end or exotic ones. Many fond memories of playing Defend The Tent at that one DZ01 extraction point in Div1, stacking bodies with the biggest mag and loudest blast-cannon muzzle device available.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 25, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

I think I should have started playing this back when I was recovering from surgery, when I didn't have work to be ready for the next and and such - 0030 I finally finish up doing Jefferson Trade Center and the trash ninja infestations nearby SHD cache, got back to the BHO and bought into Magic Hate Ball (multi edition) and pissed away the rest of my accumulated SHD on perks. Also cleared the Bureau lab and unlocked the safehouse down by Jefferson, shot up a bunch of rando patrols and such including a couple dropless elites (gently caress you, gimme my loot), mostly via pistol spam.

Next step is to paw through my stash where I've been squirreling away drat near every non-grey gear thing, make some jacked-up skill tier build strictly for swapping into when rollin' time is near. Then to finish clearing as much as I can of the Theater zone.

Gonna have to learn the sewer access points, just to wander through for keys'n'loot, unless enemies start spawning down there too.

New poo poo: Mosin, KSG, SVD, three different M4s (Police, Lightweight and something else, plus some other AR variant I got the night before). Level 7 hit at the start of Jef, so there's that I guess.

Glocked a deer and a couple rats. Wanted to go over and Red Dead the deer to a control point, make some venison and gloves.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kibayasu posted:

Those are the LARPers. The sewer people quietly chase you down with bolt action rifles, poop gas, poop knives, and chainsaws.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I still remember the first time I played the demo of Division 2 and stumbled on my first chainsaw sewer dude. Scared the gently caress out of me.

Huh, I guess there's more possible encounters when keyhunting down there after all. South end of the White House zone, I went spelunking for keys and had a six-plus group spawn in at one side-tunnel off the big room, plus an Elite.

drat shame I had my drone by then, plus six layers of +Tier armor, plus the Exotic P90 that the main vendor is selling. Later, ended up drawing a bunch of skull-marked enemies from across the zone border (searching for the Hydden Hotel down that way) and they got shredded bad.

Ended up playing from noon to almost 6 PM yesterday, clearing checkpoints, random encounters, and mission in the Theater zone and the Federal Bullshit Triangle just south of there. Also did the Sons armory-in-the-bank-vault secret mission,a nd between that and the Newseaum job, I did get my Sons SMG'd weekly, but I really wish I'd had the P90 and drone for those. (Modded blue MP7, was still mauling non-elites.)

I was also a bad bad wabbit and spent real money on premium creds. Hawaiian shirt & shorts, cowboy hat, some sunglasses and Season 3. (Even though I'm a level 12 solo dude.)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Whoops, my error, the P90 is a high-end (Emelineís Guard) with Perfect Preservation.

Did the American History Museum earlier. Detention-level named Elite came running up the hall, taking fire from both EG and the drone, stops in front of where I'm turtled up, and...

about three pieces of armor explode, leaving him in his undershirt and stupid stun-look while I magdump my freshly-loaded gun into his face.

Accidentally kited a few skull-marked enemies from across the border (Level 19) and got thoroughly eaten, so I guess I was a lot closer in level to the ones I murdered before.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Hrm. Created a second character, boosted to 30 and went directly to Noo Yawk. Did the initial fight and walkabout to get to Haven, picked up some loot along the way, and find out the "free blueprints for donations" thing I was reading about back in the March posts was killed off.

Might still gently caress with that character, try to grind to 40 so the Season rewards will be available, but goddamn if it doesn't feel grindy as poo poo, especially not knowing the ins and out of the new gear and specialities and all. (Ended up with a bunch of purple guns, all with Ignite. ) Threw a bunch of the loot into the trunk, so my original lower-level char could sell poo poo and buy the high-end Socom M1A that was offered with Ranger. (There's also an AA-12 shotgun I could buy. Also with Ranger. )

Air & Space Museum wasn't too bad, first foray into the Dark Zone (NE) was quick'n'dirty, managed to clear one supply drop and extracted three items with almost no enemies (big loving change from Div1 *COME MURDER ME HERE* extractions) and even avoided whatever rogue agent was over at the landmark near the exit door. Cleared some more poo poo, took the crashed airplane control point, cleared the rooftop fountains and discovered the Castle. Managed to aggro random enemies to the south of that trying to find a phone and was forced to take the control point there, stumbled into some other enemy activity chasing an ECHO, finally found the phone, and..

oh, some dude called the Snitch I guess. Gave me a bounty to chase, but found some museum staff-type folks as well, who gave me a different mission. Went back to the rooftop fountains, it's just a bounty, how hard could it be? (Level 17)

Elite outside, couple veterans and a bunch of assholes. Same inside. Oh hey, bounty targets are on the roof? Not a prob...

Wait, *three* of 'em?

And one is running a deflector drone?

EXCUSE ME WHILE I HIVE AND DRONE YOU ALL. And run back downstairs for more ammo and time to heal.

Finally whacked them all, dragged rear end back to White Castle House to buy Turret and one varieant. (Assault & sniper.)

This could be amusing...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Stuck with doing Whoresons of Noo Yawk last night, made it to 34 by way of 3/4 of the Parnell hunt, plus sewer-crawling (finally finding enemies down there yay ), one Propaganda, one or two CPs, and some SHD/random encounters. (Get close to one briefcase right outside Haven, four old-school rioters spawn. "Yeah. let's get him!" Might not be prudent when your "vic" is wearing all this tactigear, carrying a drum-fed shotgun and full-dress LMG, and has a very aggressive electric birdie hovering about his head.) Oh, and a Safe Room, as part of the manhunt.

Speaking of which, swapped my pulse to assault turret before entering the Tombs, seemed OK. Between drone and turret, I was mostly OK, although it did taker time for my robots to murder people. Kept The Judge busy enough to be backshot a bunch, after his initial charge to get near me. More less-impressive coverage in the big turret arena, died once oh well, but did finally clear it and got a Darkness out of it so OK I guess. (Immediately swapped the 12x scope for an ACOG, needed a battle rifle more than snipey action.)

So, fast-travel back to Haven, go through all my new poo poo yay, and casually check my stats...

Oh.

I guess my robots might be more impressive if I wasn't Tier Zero, huh? Was running Grenade Launcher rear end in a top hat, used it maybe once before the final Tombs fight.

Pretty sure I have enough decent gear to do six plus Technician, will try that tonight.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Just loving around getting used to this high-end play, trying to get to 40 so I can get Season loot.

Pretty sure I have/had In Sync on something, IIRC, on the WONY dude. Be sweet to have it on my DC lowbie, though, because she's skilling around all day er'ry day.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Weeee, level 38! Spent the first part of the playing day grinding poo poo up for my recal library waiting in queue for 350+ slots to open, but once I pimped my gear some, I went hunting SHD caches and CPs/safehouses, not to mention any loot left sitting around and bounties as they popped up. 200+ seconds of tier 6 drone/turret does simplify these multi-named elite encounters some.

2 parts left for both Conley and Dragov, guess I should go check out this abandoned skyscraper too. Expect I'll hit 40 tomorrow sometime, get to season'ing.

I've gotten a selection of high-end gear and guns, but no actual exotics or gearset items - is this the way it works? Can't remember if I was getting the special goodies in Div1 before getting to WT1 or not...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Hmm, looks like I have the blueprints and enough exotic components to build 2 Hardwired pieces, but from the item descriptions I wouldn't be able to get more components until back in DC.

In other news, 39 is mine, by way of some extra elite turf fighting and a couple more gang bounties and some exploration and control points and poo poo. After more gear pimping, of course.

My robots seem... healthy.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Welp, fo'ty is done, plus few on top. I kept getting Two Bridges bounties that sent me back to that Conley-hunt location by the safehouse - think I did six so far. Still have half of Conley and Pachinko Jumanji Knife-boy rear end in a top hat to hunt, and three parts for the Wall Street target. Need one last SHD cache in Battery Park before I continue, though.

Did get an exotic, though! Acosta's Go Bag, with near-perfect skill damage. Also just snagged a level 40 The Darkness, so I can shred my level 32 one, unless I want to save it for my msin (non-boosted) char. Still no gearset drops, though.

More tomorrow, maybe I can get fini... oh, who am I kidding, there's at least four different locations that are accessible but nothing there yet, and that's not even calling in hunters.

Getting my money's worth out of it, anyway.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

And Conley is toast - couldn't be simple of course.

Head out from the safehouse, because it was closer to the tanker, and... hostage rescue right in the way. Do that... and get a bounty (not at the usual spot), go clear it, cool. Back to the safehouse so I'm not running into more stuff along the way, cruise through without much trouble, chew through everything else until I blow up the refinery, go to loot the drops an

<...>

<...>

Frozen in mid-step, ambient sound still going, drone drifting slightly in the wind, my beautiful hair waving in the breeze. Could rotate the camera around, but nothing else worked. Had to kill the game via task manager and restart.

On restart? Same poo poo - hostage, bounty, return to safehouse, murder my way through the outside, no freeze this time, almost die due to multiple purple shield pricks on initial tanker entry, make my way to the top desk, take a few minutes under fire until I find the fuse boxes for the big dumb fire thing, Conley comes out...

WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT THING HOLY poo poo

She actually died to to Angry Bird and Rollie Ball Murders fairly easily, I was just dodging fire clouds and rear end in a top hat spawns for a bit. No exotic or gearset, but I did get the Anarchist's Cookbook named... pack? I think.

Back to Haven, sell/grind loot, fast-travel over to the CP near the Castle in Battery Park because a side mission popped there. "Contamination detected" bla bla bla, did all that, watched the Echo, headed back to the CP...

HOSTAGE RESCUE.

BOUNTY.

Right back to the Castle.

Named targets ended up being Shield Bosses, but they kept focusing on the drone and turning their backs on me and my Sadist whatever-variant-AR-is-is, and sucking cluster mines.

Server was going down in half an hour, so I dropped. Looks like I was wrong, both Conley and Edgelord McAnimesword were one mission left.

And I still need to find that goddamn SHD cache.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kibayasu posted:

That still happens huh? I used to get that a fair amount when the game came out and it always happened during vaulting or climbing. I upgraded my computer a few months after and it hasnít happened since. I feel it must at least have some part to do with performance somehow but I only use computers.

Running past a puddle, actually.

That character looks kind of like a young Michael Douglas playing a biker, with long loose hair and the Lemmystache.

Might try decoy & firey poopflinger a bit when hunting that last SHD case. Looking at my numbers, the decoy is 190% threat, which hopefully will draw a crowd.

I keep running into elites that have a number as a "name", is that supposed to be that way? Not certain that I've run into any unscripted rogues, if I did it was in the middle of a fight and either they got whacked or I did. I have gotten ISAC alerts for things like "rogue airburst seeker mine detected", but the only SHD glitching I've seen was with the True Sons jammer mission, and the SHD agent distress call where the dude shocktrapped me and then left without killing me, back in DC>

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 6, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Jose Oquendo posted:

I leveled up 6 times today and didn't get a single key. Reading on the official forums and Reddit, changing sessions resets your progression. So if I need 2 more levels to get a cache, matchmake and join a session, that progress resets back to needing 4 levels to get a cache.

edit: SOTG says they're fixing it in the next maintenance tonight and any keys you missed out on will be retroactively awarded next week.

<shrug> It turned on as I was playing, I guess, and I immediately had 4 keys.

Speaking of playing... wandered through the Battery Park zone doublechecking that I'd caught all the SHD caches, stumbling into random patrols, attacks on supply convoys, turf controls and hostages (which meant bounties) and propaganda and goddamnit where's that last cache?

Found it. Dropped the boss bounty, which was back at Rigatoni's 3rd hunt location and was the second bounty that night there, mauled the poo poo out of everyone and finally bailed to Haven for loot examination and looking at the 3d printer.

After all that murderlooting, I had a Chameleon (mid-quality rolls), Mechanical Animal, Tip of the Spear mask and Ongoing Directive chest. Still debating just rolling my own two pieces of Hardwired, since I have enough components from the boost, but two pieces of that don't really do jack.

And I still didn't progress any of the major hunting.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Jose Oquendo posted:

Everyone gets 1 key. If you have the seasonal pass you get another 3 off the bat.

I know I had four for the previous apparel cache thing last week, does it carry over to each one?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't think there was an apparel event last week. It just started this week. Either way, keys are for that specific event only.

There was some limited-time apparel cache going, I know I kinda thought about Final Grind To Keener when the countdown was 1 day1 6 hours.

Last night was Spelunking for Knifeboy - ended up dying three times in the steam room, but finished out him and his side missions, and a nearby bounty to go back to the Federal Reserve for Vault Boy and Junior (I think it was). Followed by Wall Street, where the only problem was figuring out how to kill the APC. ("Oh, hey, I *do* have this rocket launcher...") Was late enough that I decided to eat and crash, but I did end up with another Anarchist's Cookbook pack, at least one other named item and weapon (other than the mission rewards) and two more pieces of Tip of the Spear. (Might have been another set piece as well, but I forget offhand.)

Tried the fire sticky on the way to the tunnelmall, wasn't that impressed. Went drone'n'EMP, which worked for shock traps. Swapped back to Magic Hate Ball and Angry Bird for Wall Street, which worked pretty well... maybe I should have gone for the miniguns at the end, but between gunfire, explosions and robo-JABO action, they went down without too much effort.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Finished the last bit of the last sub-target at the pier, yay! Assault turret and Angry Bird did pretty good, barely had to kill anyone myself on the final "defend the fuel pump" wave. Also cleared a couple supply drops that way, between the turret murdering enemies as they came in, and the enemies focusing more on the turret, I had plenty of time unmolested to loot.

Let's all go to the lobby Liberty Island (repeat 3x), and get ourselves a drink balls slammed in a car door! (Swapped the turret for jammer pulse, which I really didn't need for most of the leadup.)

Ferry terminal: not too bad. Ferry: also not too bad. LI itself: took some effort, but doable. Razorback: figuring out the weak-spot targeting was a bit annoying, but I got through. Robodogs and Quadcopter: More work, made it without too much damage.

Keener: difficulty slope approached 90 degrees quick. Probably should have gone with healing ball and/or hive, instead of jammer/corrosion launcher. Pulse or no, got purely ate up by skills - survived to not get the final weakpoint the first time, kept getting skillmurdered a few more times, finally killed the missile.

And got chewed to poo poo. Multiple times.

Finally climbed back up to the ammo box where I entered and turtled, but surprise! My skills went to failure mode and *stayed* that way, even when I exited to shoot. Long grind, dump fire as best I could at the rear end in a top hat hiding behind the launcher, eat riot foam while he launched drones, yadda yadda. Finally bonked him enough with my near-100% stability French flounder AR and a named sniper rifle I'd picked up earlier, got the cutscene and an alert for a BT drone fairly nearby, guess I should have just hoofed it over there because after fast-travelling closer, it disappeared.

Went back to Haven, checked in on the vendors and pissed away a bunch of cash on high-rolled or good-telent stuff to grind up, checked the Season stuff, did the donation project, and hosed off back to Wall Street for that daily on Hard.

Yeah, that difficulty slope again. Not as bad as Keener, but... well, I discovered that I should have hosed around getting more specialty ammo before going in. Died a bunch before discovering my Quiet Roar MG worked on the weak points, cleared the APC and was harder but doable.

Until the final boss battle.

SLAM. SLAM. SLAM.

Finally got some rockets and used those to while down the shieldbros, and ended up going with a Frenzy Negev to finish chewing through them. Luckily, Angry Bird kept them busy enough that I could flank them.

Finished up, and all of sudden I have all these level and SHD level and gently caress only knows what else VFX orgasms. Lotta loot, but mostly "meh" or grindable for the library. Four levels of Shud, too.

Bullet King was nice, though. Was too late to go test it out - as it was, all my pizza was cold and I got almost three hours of sleep.

Oh, and it probably didn't help that I took the special-ammo directive, to see what that was like.

Just to verify, I can still go after the two "ended" targets for the Season manhunt, right? Just don't get the bonuses related?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

ACOG and loud vent brake for 30% range, so... bought it from a vendor, IIRC.

Currently running 4-piece Hunter's Furby, chest + pack for the bonuses, and The Grudge for SMG murdertimes.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

So, RNG is Ridiculous Not--great Gear, right?

If only it was even a yellow piece...

On the Glory Daze front, I was posting as that was a silly combo for the talent. I now have three GDs, though, as one dropped somewhere on the way to or in the Arena, or on the way/in the Wraith showdown. The other popped in a Legacy Cache. One has a good Optimal Range bar, the other is trash and will be disassembled.

About to go back to NYC and start some poo poo there...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Fabricated posted:

Last manhunt, I used matchmaking and got a full group of pubbies and we 100%, absolutely killed the hunter. He flopped over and dropped loot- nothing beyond heroic quality, but he absolutely was killable.

Tried Wraith with goons the other night and the hunter just smoke bombs out even if you have him foamed/disrupted. Weird. My only guess is that one of the pubbies I was with last time was marksman or something and killed him with a headshot before he could ninja out. Or it was bugged or something.

Oh, is that who that was? I thought it was Wraith going all ninja-cosplay on me.

Faffing about doing the Civic Center daily last night, got a "rogue agent detected" alert and (carefully) wandered around until I spotted movement that wasn't showing on my radar. Standard turtle mode, turret & drone while I camped some cover, and...

Oh. *Two* rogues.

Robots murdered the one, eventually, and burned down most of the armor on the other before they expired, but dumbass just sat there where I could see him until cooldowns ended. Shot him a few times after throwing the skills, he finally came out and ate three mags from The Grudge at close range.

Season Daily was Parkway, on hard, which reall7y wasn't that bad. Kajika really sucked at doing much about the drone, and when he finally got pissed and came after me, I unloaded my Ruthless (Merciless? they all look alike to me) into his face because I selected the wrong weapon.

Also was wandering through Chinatown heading for a control point (doing that first Season manhunt prereqs) and a Black Dusk Mobile Oppression Palace came by. Turret did some damage and drew fire, drone did loving nothing, used three rockets and the gimmicky AK and it finally died. The one at Liberty Island was easier, but I was using Bullet King or some other LMG for that.

Got a DC control point up to level three, wiped two resource convoys outside while my turret kept the CP busy, wiped nearly everyone inside, and had to get ammo. Drone killed the last enemy while I was at the box, and the next wave (including the Elite) monster-closeted right behind me. Near-full on loot, so had to go back to the BoO and it had went down to level two by the time I got back, oh well.

So, as of my quitting last night (later than I wanted, skipping dinner again) I've got 30 Season levels, 6 pieces (plus a few dupe parts) of Homeless Furry, a bunch of other gearset pieces (I think 4 Just The Tip of the Spear, but no back/chest and one is a dupe), a stupid amount of named guns and gear, enough cash that i can buy poo poo just to grind up for the library, and there's still Season poo poo until December.

Still have to get Pestilence and the Vile mask, because that's the kind of rear end in a top hat I am.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Fabricated posted:

Rogues show up off and on in the open world. They keep ambushing me when I step out of NYC safehouses for some reason.

There's actual hunter fights you can trigger but there's a hunter that seems to just be there to spook you too. I dunno if they're in NYC since I haven't seen them there yet, but there's a hunter that'll stalk you off and on in DC who just disappears if you spot him and shoot him a bit. If you're running around the open world and your UI starts going fuzzy he's around.

I figure hunters will be like in Div1 Underground (never ran into any in the DZ, and didn't play Survival), and be some *dangerous* sumbitches. I just have to be aware of where I am when I get the rogue alert, and see which direction makes the music louder, if they don't show on radar. Missed my first certain open-world rogue in DC because I got the alert, couldn't spot any threats, and so hosed off back to whatever I was originally doing.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Just used BK in the last bossfight of Hard Tombs last night, chewed the turret generators decently and did enough damage to Nerd Boy to keep him far away and eating turret/drone, once he came down from the perches.

Double daily last night - Hard Tombs (season), Hard Arena which was part of the cleansing of the heretics Hyenas heretics PURIFY WITH LEAD! <insert Division Marine here>, and also cleared the 3 Named Elites for that one, and then it was just three Activities...

Oh. Three of the map areas where I knew Hyenas ran were friendly, because of poo poo I'd done earlier. One, I think was invaded, and thus I went way south... and kept running into True Sons poo poo, which led to TS bounties, which I cleared, which then led to rando patrols of TS or H, gently caress WHERE'S THE ACTIVITIES because time was running out, and I finally cleared a Propaganda just as the clock ran out!

Oh, and all that Sons rubbish cleared the Ubiclub weekly, for piddly cash and Ubi XP .

And, uh, since I was running hard, I may have actually lost reward items because my inventory maxed out somewhere along the way.

Named cache from the season puked up a decent-rolled Virginian, so Ol' Robo-Yeller gonna get put down.

Five hours of grind - I may need sedation here.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

My boosted 30 char for WoNY came with HW blueprints and components, enough to build three pieces IIRC.

Got lucky last night - Wall Street Hard (Season Daily, IIRC) gave me Sweet Dreams, and running around whacking Hyenas for the weekly, snagged another Chameleon.

And a Lady Death.

And a Vile out of a box.

(Dear RNG: I hav ben a gud boye, please give Pesty and Imperil Deenasty. Will leave milk and brood-spectum antybotiks,)

Plus more chunks of gearsets, might have three pieces of Eclipse now.

Doing the Bank on Hard for the weekly also counted for League, and I didn't *totally* embarrass myself. Will grind out the last bits of the DC weekly tonight, as well as whatever dailies I can pull off, and then it's off to fail horribly at League targets.

Legacy caches from the Season rewards are reliably puking up HF parts - think last night was another backpack and holster.

Wish the game let me rip stats from named items, I have a spare Mop that I'd love to have the 10% AoK from. Plus stuff off my five Acostas, et cetera.

If you've already maxed the speciality points (Technicians for me), does finishing out the Field Research do anything?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Ahh, OK. Probably why I have a bunch of extra poo poo on the booted char.

Probably swap over to Firewall for a while to Vile it up with fire.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Guess Random Nurgle Generator took the night off, didn't really get poo poo.

Did clear the secret Detention Level mission, and between that and Roosevelt Island, I was puking hard. (Motion sickness - the fog at RI did not help, and stooging about after clearing the prison for the collectibles was the kicker.

Took an embarassingly long time to access Cassie Mendoza - "oh hey, the non-highlighted door can be interacted with?" Did let me stumble into two BT checkpoints to clear, which too the Theater off lockdown. Also one public execution, which I cleared almost all of, but the last enemy ran...right to another execution. Saved both the hostages at both, got two bounties but only ran one.

Ended up running the alert level for the WH zone to 3, went to take the northwest CP, ran into a patrol right at the edge of the CP detection range, finally ground everyone down and took the post. Flare Time! Aaaaand my reinforcements got into a fight with another ground of enemies (including a named elite) 150 yards out, so I had to go save their rear end.

Did clear two dailies and some more of the DC weekly, and somehow ground out some league level without actually going to do specific league poo poo.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Just a little daily/weekly supply/league faffing about - finally dug out the last Chatterbox part, so I can get the blueprint.

Also about four pieces of Negotiators, another dupe (holster I think) of Just The Tip, and between pickups and caches, three more dupes of Hunter's Laptop Furry parts.

And a moderate-rolled Baker's Dozen.

And Parnell dropped a Bullet King (decent rolls) at the Tombs.

Followed by opening an Exotic cache for...

Another Bullet King.

Also somewhere between Monday and last night I found a better-rolled at of Fox's Prayer.

27/29 in Assault On Wardrobe Island, too. (Apparel event,)

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Hmm, I wonder if just running Hard missions + Special Ammo directive is why it's now raining gearsets? Had a shitload of Future Initiative drop last night.

Hit the Bank almost immediately to chase my Chatterbox blueprints, and got a relatively decently rolled one. Went back through and *chewed* through everyone, as well as GWH and Wall Street. (When you can close in, The Grudge works fine on the APC.) WS, I wiped twice on Three Fat Bois, but eventually just ran off and hid next to a repair hive and let my drone do most of the work, while murdering the run-ins.

Even ended up using my own personal minigun a few times, but it just doesn't really crank my up as much as I'd like.

If I turn on Hollywood, does that apply to everything? IE, are my League runs gonna get borked because of the shields?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

There's also the option more-money-than-brains level stupid IMO of throwing cash at something you really want. Saw a bunch of for-profit crews advertising while looking for plain information on something.

Surely that Vile that's not dropping for you is worth $250? (For *a* Vile, not even a guaranteed godrolled one.)

So, last night I pop a cache and get... godroll. Godroll. 0.1% short of godroll.

On a Six12.

Also snagged a KARD-45 (not the named/skill-tier one) with perfect max stats.

Game is just teasing me now...

My adequate Chatterbox.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 24, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

gently caress, I had enough trouble with Keener on Story mode, but once I got the hack/weakpoint/repeat cycle down, it was just grinding on shithead, and I did complete it.

Now, I'm trying to complete the first manhunt for S3 on the "normal" difficulty, with better gear and weapons and foreknowledge, and that previously-posted "slamming my balls in a car door" comment comes back with a *vengeance*.

Ferry terminal? Yup.
Ferry itself? Yee-haw.
First part of Liberty Island? A little grindy due to more enemies, but robots.exe to the rescue.
Razorback? Only one cycle of weakpoints and hack.
Quadcopter and robodoggos? Yuuuup.
Robodeathroom? Had to work some, but done.
Stop the missile? Got chewed a couple times, but did it.

Keener himself? FUUUUUUUCK.

rear end in a top hat isn't hiding at the launcher and taking long-range fire now, he's hiding off to the sides, requiring me to leave the supply room to take shots and get mauled upon. Got him down to one bar of armor once, which made him go full aggro and chase me inside for slaughterama. He still had that last armor bar, even taking SMG/rifle fire directly to the face.

Doesn't help that he hacks my drat healy hive/drone, either. Maybe I should try shield/pulse? I've got full pimp minigun spec, but I suspect I'll just get murdered while standing full Ahnold.

Suppose I could see if anyone wants to drag Mister OK-At-Best-At-Games through, but I keep seeing people going on about soloing challenging poo poo, Keener should loving well be doable without Perfect Meta Build and Perfect 1337 Skillz talents on the gear, right?

Hell, I did Pentagon/DARPA on Hard, it wasn't as bad. Capitol and Pathway on Hard with rogues popping in? Cool, they should carry better loot, they might be seriously dangerous then.

In better news, did Pathway as part of the NY sweep on Sunday, drone/decoy kept Pachinko and Co. busy while I turtled in the corner, Bullet King'd him for the finale. And Saturday at Wall Street, two drops of Imperial Dynasty, which doesn't seem as awesome as people were talking up, I dunno. Only really lights up the first couple of enemies, even running Vile and Eclipse - might need Creeping Death?

Also tried to complete some Field Research by way of bleeding folks using Stinger Hive and Ongoing Directive, but after a while both seemed to stop actually bleeding enemies - think i still have one left to finish out that one. Did end up doing the NY Waterfront CP at level 4 (Hard), and that was fun and made me work for it, without being Keener-level "gently caress you player". Downed once by the named boss for the final capture, but Rando Calrissian the NPC got me back up in time to finish him off.

Almost forgot - finished the Season tracks, hardly noticed until I started getting Field Proficiency caches again. Also Operation Clotheshorse Boxes, and still popping more Hyena spicebags and elites, even though I got my sixty League points. Skipping Hollywood entirely, I think.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Welp. For all the bitching I just did about Keener, I just went ahead and made a DPS build, emphasizing headshots/CHD/CHC/ARs, plus Trauma and Perpetuation on my Carbine 7, with Chameleon as the second spot. (Forget what the other good talent I had was, at the moment.) Went shield and decoy, for skills.

And then i go and forget to swap to the New Build set before I leave the RoboDeathRoom. So I did Keener again all kitted out with loving Hardwired, and gee I wonder why this poo poo took forever and why my drat armor wasn't regenerating.

However, I did convince him (after about four deaths) to come up and trade shots at the edge of the parapet, while i was inside the supply room, and that ended up doing the trick.

Shield worked OK to get to him, but less so to fight him, and once he killed my skills, it was obviously useless. Decoy was OK to draw some fire before I got to him, and then became useless.

Oh, and the reason I was in the wrong build? I did Wall Street for the daily using the new build, shield and decoy worked pretty good for that, although it took a drat long time to kill the Three Little Shieldboys, but I maxed out my inventory in the process and when I got back to Haven to store/sell/extract, I cleared all the dupe gearset parts... and when I put back the "keep" bits, I swapped into Hardwired to make sure I kept the proper ones on me.

And since I didn't notice right off, I purely *ate* Shade with turrent'n'drone.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Good news, everybody! It was not, in fact, good news at all. New manhunt target is up, and what else as a prereq than...

LIBERTY ISLAND!

Did take the properly-equipped new build out in Downtown West for the daily, Trauma/Perfect Intimidate/shield/drone (tier 1 lol) and Chameleon/Grudge (with some sideline into Cuelebre and the sawed-off for a Club challenge of gauging Outcasts), mauled my way through the Bank and actually charged in to close-range murder the Toxic Alley control point, so maybe I'll just go straight to LI and get my face ripped off.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

MREBoy posted:

well... gently caress. All I had left for dude #1/4 was Liberty Island. Am I screwed totally or will I get a 2-4-1 deal if I do it now ?

Excellent question. If I'd known it would have been on the list, I might have waited, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "closed" manhunt would reset j7ust to make you do everything again.

To paraphrase, gently caress Bears Keener.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

OK, so I really do have a brain injury or something, because the new Manhunt target does *not* require LI as a prereq. It's the weekly "East NYC Sweep" that wants it on Hard.

Which I did.

Only three wipes, one of which got Keener down into his health bar before I got got incinerated, and then I found the sweet spot of murdering robots for AoK, running up to the parapet edge to magdump Chameleon into rear end in a top hat Prime for bleed or blind, then run back to safety/more robot murder. Kited his rear end up to the parapet for shorter-range magdumps and him not dodging into cover which finished him off, as he whined about how his 1337 skillz didn't need visi oh hey you died there.

Then I ran Tanker and it was a walkthrough with gunfire and explosions. hosed off to Haven, cleared inventory, then equipped Big Bad Shield and Big Fuckoff Revolver to wander around. Ended up clearing two Territory Control and one Elite Patrol that way, but had to go back to Chameleon/Grudge for an Elite Territory Control at that one garage, which paid off big between the enemy drops and the loot crates.

Two Hardwired masks.
Two Hardwired holsters.
Two Hardwired kneedpads.
Two *Seven* Hardwired and c-c-c-combo breaker one Negotiator's gloves.

Tanker also gave me a couple rogues inside, who got kinda reamed my my piddly Tier Zero turret and drone. :cylon:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Shotguns are, as in most games, Hollywood-nerfed - usually stupid-powerful at close range, but one step outside whatever the game says "close" is and it's "shot spread in about a 120-degree arc and you're lucky if two pellets hit what you aim at." (page CAPN_BEEB for ranting re: this)

Running up and dumping a million-plus damage (baseline) into some mook's face is awesome, it's just the other six or seven dudes (including the sniper on the second floor across the street, the ones that start out on your flanks and the flamethrower/minigun elite that just stepped out of the closet) make it a bad gamble.

And I'm saying this as someone who's been going shotgun bandit w/shield for those piddly Ubi Club challenges, too.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Wheeee. Two days to do almost all of the Dusk hunt, mixing in some Field Specialization and Liberty parts-pulling. Dusk actually wasn't too bad, it was the first Southeast bounty that was a bitch. Final named True Sumbitch was dropping a turret that fired those disgusting burning-tar blobs, *and* was humping armor kits once they were knocked down into the health bar. Kept running out of AR ammo, especially when I managed to get the Sinkhole run up the CP4, to the point I (uh, accidentally) called for assistance. A couple others showed and then dropped, but the one dude (who kept getting wiped) stayed for the completing, then followed me to his doom at the Solar Farm. Did commend him, though so if you were following <-<-<- this playername who kinda sucked, hope it helped, and sorry to get you murdered so much!

Am I supposed to still get Concealed Agenda crates after completing the Season 3 reward track? Had another one drop last night, in the middle of multiple Field Proficiency ones.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kibayasu posted:

You get a season cache for I think gaining all the bonus experience from the manhunt stuff.

OK, cool. Not that I really *needed* more Hunter's Laptop pieces, or the skin components to build more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Argh. Trying to do the prereqs for the Dodge City Holster, the belt was p. easy, even though I'd never hosed around in that area of the map before. (Somehow lost some rogues heading to the gas station, wonder if the wandered opposite the way I was heading for the one second it took for the music to go from "nearby" to "lol gone"?)

So, head northeast young man, and go tear up Red Dragon, once you get it boosted to CP4. Get flatlined twice, swap gear/tactics, clear the CP at 4! And before I can start the capture, it drops to 3. No holster part for me... either it needs to stay at 4 for the whole capture, or the cowboy-hat-named-elite died somewhere outside the control zone, I dunno.

Did get my SHD Donation weekly Exotic cache.

Liberty.

Faffing about the other day, heading from the safehouse to the Washington Monument, stumbled into the secret heist location, which was OK, but I was actually trying for straight-up sewers... when I did find the big one, I was waiting to hit the lower level until I'd cleared the upper. Got to one end, started hearing... *things*. Jingling. Footsteps. Motor revving.

Finally went downstairs when I couldn't find the source of the noises. Cleared almost all of it. Went to the last crate, behind the spraypaint-marked board OH HEY WONDER WHAT THIS COULD MEAN and got my first chainsaw boi, who cleverly leaped from the upper level, and not-so-cleverly got stunlocked by the landing I guess, and kinda just stood them taking 1.4mil base damage headshots from my not-even-named 870, until he died. His buddy, who stayed topside to shoot, got a faceful of buckshot right after.

Swapped back to Chameleon before going topside again, of course.