Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I'm a $3 agent that hasn't played before, currently level 20. Can I play regularly to 30 for the story missions, then apply the boost to world level 5 on my current character and start the expansion? Do I even need to do that if I hit 30 naturally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

Roman posted:

if you boost it will autocomplete all main and side missions in DC, and you won't be able to replay the side missions. so if you care about *~the whole experience~* you might want to finish that first.

Thanks. So if I play through the missions at story difficulty for the content, then boost, it'll boost me to world tier 5 and then I start the expansion content?

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Perfect, thanks!

I'd bought this on Epic, not realizing you could get it directly from Ubi for the $3. Confirming my 20% off code worked on the Warlords of New York version on the Ubi store. Didn't even have to reinstall anything. Cost less than buying the expansion alone on the Epic store.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Are cosmetics account wide? Don't want to give those up on my level 25 dude.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I've had good success matchmaking by going into the mission and hitting call for backup. Otherwise, I never seem to get a group.

-edit-
I just got a Chameleon from Neptune. My first exotic! Oh, it seems like it does a million less DPS than my Glory Daze. Am I missing something?

Sipher fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 15, 2020

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Is the damage number on guns DPS, or just straight damage per shot? I have no idea how to compare stuff.

What should I be looking for to upgrade from my Stoner?

Sipher fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 15, 2020

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
You can boost anytime, including at level 30. I played through 1-30, did all the strongholds and got to world level 1. When I went to NY at that point it required me to boost as I wasn't at world level 5 yet.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I've been running LMGs from 1-40. Switched to that rifle crit build posted earlier (and holy gently caress, don't have the mask and only a medium rolled m1a) did 40% more damage than anybody else. Of course, Bullet King dropped.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
What talent should I go with on the M1A with the crit build? Boomerang?

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Was grinding towards the level 57 season Bakers Dozen, when this guy popped out of a random season gear cache.

Why, when you select the health damage to recalibrate, does it show the crit damage? It terrifies me into thinking I'm replacing the crit damage roll

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I just tried mine and it works fine :shrug:

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yes that's why it's just a UI bug. Recalibration works fine it only show the wrong stat.

Thanks!

Was posting in response to the Lucky Shot guy. But also the recalibration works and I'm glad it's a UI bug and not just some horrible design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I can scream through Challenging, but trying the Heroic Roosevelt Island is just.. not fun. One or two shot by reds from across the map.