Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are they going to be adding more dumb apparel with the expansion? I need more Hawaiian shirts and other dumb junk that makes my character look like they got activated in the middle of their vacation. People go for their tacticlol look, I go for that nonsense.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The glasses and shirt were the first two things I got from the boxes too. The shorts and sandals were like four or five boxes later. It was like the game wanted me to dress like a dirtbag tourist.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Finally made it to World Tier 4. I'm not sure if it's the world tier or the expansion but these perks are a heck of a lot more interesting than what I've had. Things that help allies or hinder enemies depending on what you're doing is really great stuff.

Edit: So should I avoid raising alertness level until I'm kitted out in level 500 gear and have the most supremely broken build the game currently has? I just attempted it with a gear score of 422 and every enemy takes about a hundred thousand rounds to kill and I get smoked extremely quick.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 6, 2020

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope they go back to the old TTK before the expansion patch came out. Playing with four friends in pre-expansion content is just stupid around world tier 1. Basic enemies require a full magazine and gold tier dudes require a tactical nuke and the power of an exploding sun to drop. It's getting supremely tedious.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

What’s your build?

We're at level 30 right now about to hit the strongholds, so we don't have much thought put into builds. Most of my gear has +1 skill tier and have been acting as a support with a heal drone and a hive for attacking. I think it might have been one of the bounties we got was way overtuned but in general, things are just bullet sponges. Even while playing solo I noticed this post-patch. Was really having a blast with the game before then, now it's still fun but I'm less enthusiastic about it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So through all the world tiers, I should just be replacing all my gear as I get new stuff without worrying too much about the attributes, right? I left off at world tier 1 (for some reason my personal game's world tier was lower than what I played on my friend's) when I last played and coming back I completely forgot what I wanted to build towards so I'm just starting fresh.

Edit: Also, can anyone recommend a good build for solo and one for group play? A lot of the solo ones seem to stack crit chance, crit damage and well, just damage stuff while relying on perks to restore armor and whatnot upon kills. For group stuff, I dunno if my old crew is going to play the game again but having something lined up in case they do would be neat.

Maybe later on, if I'm still playing the game, I may ask for PvP recommendations (dark zone) but I dunno if I'll go that far.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 3, 2021

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there an easy way of doing the last step for gunner unlock? The only turret on Roosevelt island seems to be in a spot that spawns like two people and destroying all the armor off of this guy, which seemingly has trillions of health while he himself is made of toilet paper, is annoying.

And without paying real money. I'm not giving them money to bypass their stupid and shittily designed challenges.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I ran around for about 15 minutes but got his armor. Combination of Seeker and Chem Thrower and grenades. Lordy was that annoying. Worst part is I know these challenges are an improvement from the garbage that was in the game before.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Can someone explain the recalibration library? Is it basically just storing a one-time use stat roll for you to put on a piece of gear or is it a permanent addition that can be used multiple times? I completely forgot that this station existed and feel like crap that I've been breaking down stuff that had decent stats that I could have stored for future use.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Made it to New York. I didn't play much of Division 1 but enough to grow at least attached to Town Hall, after upgrading it a bunch. Looks like that project didn't survive long.

It's funny stressing out over item level then going to Warlords and all that poo poo is just condensed to level 30. Looking forward to play through it though the latest event kind of spoils the story a little bit but it's an Ubisoft franchise, I'm sure the villains will last several entries, spinning their wheels, before being killed off in a spinoff comic.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

On that subject, is Ubisoft done supporting Division 2 at this point? I noticed on the discord they were talking about an apparel event that seemed to get quietly cancelled. I thought Division 2 did well for them? A shame. Since it's not pure winter wonderland, I was hoping they'd continue to move into the silly apparel direction like they did with the summer stuff. Looking like you got called to service in the middle of a vacation is the right kind of silly I can get behind.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

You know it's a Tom Clancy franchise when they bend over backwards to show that the government agency with no oversight or accountability are the good guys because the ones that go rogue end up being unrelenting psychopaths or join private military contractors (corporations). New York comes frustrating close to showing how hosed up the Division really is but the gameplay doesn't reinforce those ideas.

Would be rad if there was ever a Division 3, you'd just be another settlement person working towards building something - which is the best part of these games. Don't need to be a Division agent to work in a commune.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

thanks for the astute observation no one has ever said this about the division yet

I, and others, should say it more often since at least a few people are mad I pointed it out.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are there any builds out there that'd help me do solo pve content but don't have to rely on Memento's kill confirmed to get any kind of healing and damage boost? It works well when it gets going but I find that this stuff can really get stone-walled in bounties. Can't exactly get something going when you're facing off against heavies with millions of armor while they melt yours down extremely fast. Feels like a lot of the builds I see on youtube work extremely well in missions and The Summit but in the open world, it really struggles if you don't have a steady supply of red/purple enemies to get you started.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I missed that news, what are Heartlands and Resurgence? Expansions? Sequels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying!