Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Have the devs considered making the game....good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Quill posted:

Literally don't even consider the expansion until you feel like you've done everything else worth doing.

:hmmyes:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Alright those patch notes got me to pick up the expansion. Time to give the ol girl another chance

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just like it because it's less to think about

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Just started new York, is there any reason i need to keep my level 30 yellows/mods once i hit 40? Or should i just trash them

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thanks! I keep forgetting i have a stash too to store stuff so that will help

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I could probably Google this but I'll ask anyway. When you hit 40 do you do grinding for top gear in DC or NY or a combo of both?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Roman posted:

The best places to grind is any mission, preferably with multiple bosses (like Lincoln Memorial), that have the daily targeted loot you want.

I assume that once I hit complete NY. The missions get targeted loot areas similar to how DC did it?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

You’ll only find targeted loot zones (for now maybe?) for the new brands introduced with NYC in NYC but other than that grinding is the same everywhere.

Those brands will still drop everywhere just as random drops. There will also be target zones for the original loot in NYC as well.

Some of the new exotics will only drop from stuff in NYC. Bullet King will only come from Tombs and Wall Street bosses, Lady Death only comes from Cleaners (who currently do show up in DC because of the manhunt).

Got it. Thanks for the help yall

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This going to sound very filthy casual to all yall but I feel like the game is way harder for solo players than it should be. And i'm not even referring to the super hardest difficulties, just plain like normal/hard is kind of gnarly.

I could just suck rear end too

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I have a real dumb question and reddit wasn't much help in my searching. So I've hit 40 and finished the story in the expansion, how do you start getting items with gear score on them so you can start progressing? I know previously it used to be based on world tier but there's so much new poo poo I'm having a hard time figuring out how to ascend world tiers. Or is that all locked into the new SHD functionality now?

I've been just running around clearing level 2-3 CP's on hard due to lack of time to invest in full blown missions but all of my gear just says level 40 on it but I realize i may not be doing the right difficulty stuff yet I suppose.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Level 31-40 does not have world tiers or gear score any more, what you see is what you get. The SHD levels are your new post-game progression, yes. Higher difficulties gives you a better chance at finding stuff with higher natural stats.

Awesome thats good to know I wasn't going crazy. Thanks!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

:lol: did they seriously forget to lock the Coney Island weather to dark / stormy when the missions are art-directed around a loving thunderstorm?

Edit: And Dolores Jones must have been their attempt to make Manny's dialogue sound good

Easy there, Sheriff!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hatelull posted:

Newb Question:

Way back when, when I first got to the WT content and unlocked specializations I picked Sharpshooter. I maxed that out, but now wonder if it really fits with my DPS build. The universal stuff helps for sure, but possibly stuff in Survivor or Gunner might help more in these end game post-DLC times. Is there any easy way to respec? Do I have to grind out all those points for the other specializations again? How does that even work? I can respec stuff in Sharpshooter (not that there's variation really), but I still only have 3 points to spread around in all the other categories.

IIRC SHD Points or skill points whatever they are called are earned per specialization so if you earned the points to unlock the stuff in Gunner or Survivalist you can just respec to that specialization at the Specialization table at Haven or The White House. If you don't have the points in the other specs earned, you'll have to keep getting levels to earn them when you activate them or do activities and what not.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Psion posted:

if you get all the audio logs ahead of time it's both understandable (sorta) and telegraphed (hard) but if you don't and it comes out of nowhere well

I think part of the problem is the game assumed you heard the audio logs. If you listen to them you start to feel less like the game was trying to make you feel like an idiot for being confused at the outcome.

Also got 1st place in the clan this week. It was out of like 3 people but still counts MVP

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wish i knew what i should build but I'm at least having fun playing again

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm loving True Patriot and Pest right now in solo queue heroics. I feel like a warlock in WoW keeping all my dots up

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I got mine from an exotic cache.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hatelull posted:

Do you lot tend to dive in on Normal mode for these and just grind them out and then re rerun on Heroic, or do you just dive in with everything on "GET GUD" mode immediately?

I sort of like getting it done on Normal just to get the content finished or whatever, but man running around on Normal or Hard after grouping on Heroic and the loot is leaps and bounds different on the latter for sure.

I spent probably a week at hard immediately before going to challenging, maybe a week or two on challenging, and now i live in heroics. I mostly solo queue though

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hatelull posted:

Curious, what kind of build?

I've been trying to live on a DPS build, loving around with a rifle and a Chameleon. It's OK for the most part, but I'm super squishy and not even running on Glass Cannon on a piece. Reviver helps out some, but sometimes I'll join a group on Heroic that's just in a bad position getting flanked on all sides by Elites and everything is immediately pear shaped.

My build at hard was mostly LMG/Rifle mismash of yellow stuff mostly red. I developed a striker build i enjoyed for a bit to do challenging, and now i use a true patriot/pestilence build in heroics. I wish i was a little more survivable, but Damage output is pretty drat good for the most part. I like it because, i recognize that for a shooty mans game i'm probably not that great so being able to add some debuffs to pretty much every enemy is pretty cool. I also have a future whatever healer build i'm working on but it's not really as fun in heroic where people steamroll content.

I haven't tried legendary yet, just wasn't worth the solo queue headaches.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

What are Expeditions?

Best way I can describe is a chain of missions in a single location with a single theme and the addition of some stupid puzzles

Also gently caress Kenly

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

BexGu posted:

Is the Diamondback worth doing Kenly for?

Last I tried the diamondback it was pretty trash, but I would do Kenly just to mark the diamondback off the list since it's a time gated event.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MunchE posted:

Division 3: Suburbia.

"Alright Agent, the True Sons are holed up inside of the Best Buy, and are drilling their way towards Target. We've got a strike team mounting a raid at Applebees, GO!"

The only difference is the Division goes from fiction to nonfiction here soon.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

nerdz posted:

gonna have to be skeptical on this one

Pestilence all day erry day

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Superschaf posted:

I’ve been slowly working my way through the base game with my dad ever since we bought it when it was heavily discounted in like February or March. Now we finally reached 30 and cleared the last main mission all ready to jump into the expansion, when suddenly all these invasion/black tusk missions popped up.

Are they worth doing or should we just jump into the expansion at this point?

I would say do all of the missions you can. There are some pretty fun set pieces in the invaded missions

With that said you can always go back and do them. If it were me I'd probably poopsock to 40 then go back and check that content out when it could contribute to my end game builds

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hate you Jose O, ruining what could have been a 3 week streak at the top of the clan leaderboard!!! ;)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I think i found my favorite build this meta so far

Firewall
Chameleon and some other gun you feel comfortable in cover with if shield is down
4 pc true patriot (recald to a balance of chc/chd for your preference,i went heavy on the chd)
W&H backpack with adrenaline rush
Fenris chest with intimidate
Striker shield, hive of your choice. I play mostly solo queue so i flex based on comp (reviver usually)

Play style: Up close and personal, i try to go for the leg buff first, then headshot buff, then body. Spend the rest of the time keeping the buffs up and spreading red white and blue. Range gets me about 2.75-3m dps without the reload buff since i don't think you can trigger it on the range without any legs

You can also do an artificer hive but you lose striker shield. You gain a ton of survivability though which is probably better suited for legendaries or the raids

I really wanted a build that let me hold onto true patriot, i think it's underrated as a support buff if you can spread it around. Anyway, wanted to share.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I got an internal SSD on my ps4 specifically for the division load times and it's like night and day

vyst fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 12, 2020

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

squirrelzipper posted:

Did you go internal or USB. Not sure I want to bother with an internal replacement but just plugging a USB SSD in that I can then use as external for a PS5 is pretty attractive. Pretty much only for this game as it’s the only one that has an issue that bugs me (fast travel between safe houses and control points is soo slow).

E; oh nm I missed the word internal. Might still try with a plug-in worst case I have a spare USB SSD

E2: eh not a good idea I for PS5 either, internal seems the best idea, don’t really need an external for my laptop or anything. Hm, we’ll see, but the load times are pretty awful on the launch stock drive

I went internal with my PS4 pro because it's super loving easy to replace it, and I made an assumption the effort would be worth it for internal ssd vs external ssd performance. Took me about 5 minutes. The longer part was putting the firmware on it and formatting it right. I had the wrong filesystem at first. Don't forget to leverage the PS4 cloud storage too, that was handy.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Replacing-Internal-Hard-Drive-on-PS4-Pro?language=en_US

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Edit: I'm dumb

vyst fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 13, 2020

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Morter posted:

You're not talking about Destiny 2 are you?

Yeah don't mind me I'm an idiot and got my game wires crossed.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MunchE posted:

This was a fun build and I think it'll overwrite my old TP load out. Tough enough to actually hang up front and trigger those adrenaline rush buffs, but TP buff actually helps the team to make up for being hybridy. Good post!

That being said I couldn't get anywhere near that DPS on the range, but i'm only at 37 chc and 95 chd

Yeah it's definitely not sustained DPS, but if you're pretty tactical in missions with where spawns are you can ramp up some serious damage if you can get guys in range of the striker buff. I'm so used to doing ranged DPS, finding the right balance of facetank and hide is hard lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pestilence plays well with a eclipse, vile fire build

Personally i enjoy the pestilence, 2x Walker, 4x true patriot. Makes me feel good if i suck at shooting at least the teammates get something out of it. And the pestilence debuff not only finds a new target but refreshes the duration which makes for some lazy dps

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

One i want to try later is 4 piece Ongoing Directive, Vile, Pestilence and Blinder firefly

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I was going to craft that yellow set in the video but I have 0 loving ceramics after the weekly lmao whoops

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If i need gear quick I'll craft as a stop gap until i get better poo poo and learn how to play the build but on the whole drops have yielded better results for me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm actually ok with it. It's cosmetics, so if I really am thirsty for that backpack trophy i have a carrot to chase. Some of those rewards for the Hollywood track are woof.

Also it's funny to see the opinions on the apparel there's basically two camps now, it's either I want my guy to look like a Ghost Recon guy that killed Bin Laden or I want my guy to look like an old drunk Tourist uncle that was in a coma and now has to figure out how to survive in the world and it's his first time in DC

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yeah I got mine in DCD yesterday

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I was bored and wanted to try out the old raid in discovery mode just because I've only seen a couple of bosses and holy poo poo people are dumb and it's always a good reminder not to pug the raids. I've never seen the razorback fight before and after a couple of wipes the strat seems pretty straight forward but I guess everyone else disagreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hatelull posted:

Just wanted to state that the dumb rear end infinite cooldown reviver bug is still something that should have been fixed ages ago. I guess I never noticed because I ran chem heal for long, but holy poo poo is it annoying now.

No joke it was quicker to log out of the game and back in to clear the CD than wait it out