Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I never stopped playing Div2 per se; I've just been progressing very slowly due to being busy IRL. I got to WT5 just recently, Gear Score hovering around 480, I have yet to encounter anything Exotic, haven't had a chance to get into any of the daily/weekly endgamey stuff yet (which is for the best at this point, I suppose).

Sounds like I may as well just stay the course and finish up the free DLC missions and clean the map of any remaining SHD crates and whatnot. And then I'm pretty stoked to get back to NY!!

One lingering question I've had - what's the deal with that third settlement near the middle of the map? The Castle or something like that? It's been greyed out for me the whole time.. I assumed something might happen once I "beat" the game, but now that I'm into the post-game missions that doesn't seem to be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I don't really know how it stacks up as a pro endgame tool, but I've been having a stupid amount of fun with the Mortar (Demolitionist) turret. Once the expansion''s out I'm curious as to how much I can minmax that thing.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Psion posted:

it used to be really bad and then they buffed it to be better. It's still slow to deploy and fire compared to many other skills but if you're having fun why not keep using it, right?

tweet my meat posted:

Mortar turret is workable but pretty clunky.
Haha yeah exacly, manual targeting is kind of a liability but I just love this big dumb thing. When you hit a shot from like way downtown after a loooong pause it's so satisfying haha

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
On PS4 is this one of the games that gets picky about save files between physical/digital/deluxe/etc versions? Wondering because my friend sold his physical copy of the base game a while ago but is thinking of getting back into it. If he bought, say, the game + expansion combo via PSN, could he use his old save from the physical?

Sorry as I'm sure this has been discussed, but this thread got long!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What are some general inventory management tips for someone new to the post-WoNY endgame? I’ve just gotten to the point where I’m trashing anything below a high-end level 40, and I’m still topped off.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

nerdz posted:

Try burning stuff for the recal library as much as you can and if you can't find a use for a piece, just trash it. At level 40 nothing drops under high end lvl 40 except the odd purple if you're still running lower difficulties.
I'm late here, but yeah wow this is exactly what I should be doing, thanks! Hadn't messed with recalibration up to this point, but now that I'm trying to think in terms of "builds" it's time to start feeding that library!!

It takes the stress out of trashing things too, I like it. Instead of losing something potentially useful for a rainy day, you are INVESTING in better options for your future builds. And picking up junk will be more satisfying now it's helping me check things off another list!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I was late to this Season stuff since I just finished the Warlords campaign like a week ago. What's the deal with expired manhunts... like can I still make progress on the Termite bounty, just without getting the original rewards?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What's the deal with the 3 different Dark Zones again? I'm giving them a shot for the first time since those intro missions in the main story. I've checked online but it's always hard to tell what's out-of-date when you're reading up on this game. I get the basics of the Dark Zone (played lots of D1) but I thought the 3 zones in this game had like different sets of rules or something?

I'm not especially interested in PVP or special loot drops, but it's a bunch of fresh areas to explore which I'm totally down for. And if there's more stuff I can check off for single player progress/commendations/trophies/etc that's a nice plus.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
How much Division 2 can I still play if I let my PS Plus subscription lapse?

And coming at it from a different angle, does the Ubisoft account let you carry over any progress/gear/etc. to a different platform or nah?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
on my first runthrough I eventually managed to cheese the latter portion of the Keener fight with the Demolitionist rocket launcher (took him out before regenerating shields I think)... got very lucky but no desire to play thought it again!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Mycroft Holmes posted:

who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to give the boss a one punch kill?

I didn't realize the bounty was like a full-length mission; it definitely stung when I died in the last room and that was it. Figured I'd try again with matchmaking though and it was a pretty good experience... got matched up nearly instantaneously, no one was talking, got revived when I died, made relatively short work of everything!

I tend to shy away from the multiplayer stuff, but I forget how relatively simple and mindless it can be for just doing stuff quick.

question - with all the recent changes, it's still worthwhile to try and fill out the Recalibration Library, right? I'm hoping so, since that's where I've been dumping everything I pick up!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
How long is the Captain Lewis manhunt mission available for? Is it considered part of "Target: Major Xander" ending tonight, or does it remain available for the rest of the season if you've taken down the 4 main targets?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Kibayasu posted:

As soon as they’re unlocked all subtargets and the main target are available for the rest of the season. The only thing ending tonight for the Xander part is the double experience bonus. After you complete the manhunt’s final mission you can even reset all the targets if you want. There’s no big reason to do so but it would get you another Bluescreen for beating the final mission again.
ahh that's good then, much less restrictive than I thought! Thanks :cheers:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'm on PS5 and might let my PS Plus subscription lapse after the price increase. Would Division/2 work at all without it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Jose Oquendo posted:

You can but there's certain missions and things you straight up can't do solo.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yes but you can't do anything with groups. I don't know even know if you can see other players at the BOO or other social spaces. No MP also means no raids and probably no excursions once they're released.

Guillermus posted:

You can play Div1 and Div2 solo just fine. Can't do Dark Zone in Div2 without a subscription sadly because farming without facing a Russian hacker squad would be great. Can play anything on the LZ.
honestly expected much worse, 99% of my playtime has been solo so I'll take it. Thanks! Guess I'll make a point of doing some DZ the next couple months since I still haven't touched it much.